Xbox 360 Forum

Forum for Xbox 360 related things

Not able to purchase Japanese 360 games and DLC from marketplace

AuthorMessage
EbonHawk01
EbonHawk01
Posted on 12 June 19 at 14:24
I have recently acquired a Japanese 360 console, and there are a few digital-only 360 games and some DLC for retail 360 games that I would like to purchase. A few examples are Cyber Troopers Virtual On, Virtua Striker and the DLC for Steins Gate. I've tried purchasing them from the console and from Xbox.com, but neither option is working for me. On the console I get a region locked error, and on the site I get a similar error about the content not being available. The console is NTSC-J and the console's region is set to Japan, but it still doesn't work. I have also tried to buy content after changing my account region to Japan. That still did not work. I am wondering if it is no longer possible at all to buy Japanese 360 content from outside Japan. Has anyone had success with it recently?
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 12 June 19 at 14:47
Theres a lot of region locked content for Japan, its going by your ip for the region as well as the rest of the checks the other store regions use. No idea why Japan locks it down harder but its nothing new.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.