Game Discussion: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Win 10) Forum

Not able to install

AuthorMessage
Skate 323
Skate 323
Posted on 12 June 19 at 18:29
Is anyone else having trouble installing this? Everytime it gets to the end it stops. I get an error and this error code 0x80070780. When I looked this error code up online it seems something got corrupted. I'm not very good with PC and can't figure out how to get it to install. I was able to install and run metro exodus (windows) and the other PC game pass games just fine. I tried getting help from Microsoft support and they told me I needed to reinstall windows to fix the problem. If any one could tell me how to fix this I'd appreciate it.
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 12 June 19 at 19:00
I install all my Windows 10 games to an external hard drive but these new game pass games seem to want to install to my internal drive. I had 2 TB of free space on my external and when I went to install it it asked me where I want to install and I chose my external, but it would only install correctly if I freed up that amount of space on my internal. Not really sure why but you could try that.
Game On.
Skate 323
Skate 323
Posted on 12 June 19 at 19:36
I'm installing on my d drive internal, but that is were it keeps giving me the error. When I try my external it doesn't show up in the list it lets you choose from when installing. Only my 2 internal c and d drives show up.
Skate 323
Skate 323
Posted on 13 June 19 at 02:03, Edited on 13 June 19 at 04:10 by Skate 323
I finally got it to install! I found this post on reddit by user: HantraxHat so all credit goes to him. This is what his solution was:

Found a fix for error 0x80070780.

Uninstall Xbox App --> start search "xbox app beta" -> right click --> uninstall

Open Windows Store and remove all pending metro downloads with the X button, if you can't cancel it reboot the PC and retry (the downloaded content stay saved in cache).

Reboot PC search "WSRESET" and launch as administrator with right click.

Wait for Windows store to pop out and search Metro Exodus Windows, click install and select the disk that you previously used.

The installation will end succesfully, now you can reinstall Xbox app if you want.

NOTE: I had to do this method roughly 4 or 5 times before it worked. Also this solution was for Metro but will work for any game giving that error code.
Proscaline
Proscaline
Posted on 13 June 19 at 09:11
Skate 323 said:
I finally got it to install! I found this post on reddit by user: HantraxHat so all credit goes to him. This is what his solution was:

Found a fix for error 0x80070780.

Uninstall Xbox App --> start search "xbox app beta" -> right click --> uninstall

Open Windows Store and remove all pending metro downloads with the X button, if you can't cancel it reboot the PC and retry (the downloaded content stay saved in cache).

Reboot PC search "WSRESET" and launch as administrator with right click.

Wait for Windows store to pop out and search Metro Exodus Windows, click install and select the disk that you previously used.

The installation will end succesfully, now you can reinstall Xbox app if you want.

NOTE: I had to do this method roughly 4 or 5 times before it worked. Also this solution was for Metro but will work for any game giving that error code.
For future reference, this is the standard first try bug fix for any Windows Store issues (which there are always tons of).
PJthePlayer
PJthePlayer
Posted on 13 June 19 at 17:21
Same issue here with Wolfenstein 2 as well as issues with abysmally slow download speeds (literally 1-2mbps at times when I have a 500mbps connection). Very frustrating.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.