Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

TT Isle of Man 2 Announced

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic596,236
  • Posted on 13 June 19 at 09:25Permalink
    The first one was awful. Far too difficult to control AI drive through you knocking you off your bike. career mode was pointless with no way of knowing how too advance to the TT.

Needs to handle more like Ride or MOTO GP games.
  • Tendoman77Tendoman771,972,445
    Posted on 13 June 19 at 13:07Permalink
    Sean Reinhardl said:
    The first one was awful. Far too difficult to control AI drive through you knocking you off your bike. career mode was pointless with no way of knowing how too advance to the TT.

Yes the fact that even the slightest of steering could make you slide and crash was such a huge pain in the rear end, and of course the near-impossible AI even on the easiest difficulty.

Really hope they'll improve a lot in the sequel, make the physics more like the Ride games perhaps.
  • ArnaldoDKArnaldoDK2,188,963
    Posted on 13 June 19 at 21:35Permalink
    They dont give up?
  • Posted on 09 February 20 at 04:35, Edited on 09 February 20 at 04:38 by trustkill01Permalink
    It's because it's a SIMULATOR.....realistic. I mastered being able to do races without crashing in less than 45 mins playing it. Changing the physics makes it less realistic....why take a step back in quality,instead of just getting better at playing the game? In other words...they intentionally made it that realistic.
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x1,008,066
    Posted on 09 February 20 at 12:10, Edited on 09 February 20 at 12:37 by x Mataeus xPermalink
    Tendoman77 said:
    Sean Reinhardl said:

Yes the fact that even the slightest of steering could make you slide and crash was such a huge pain in the rear end, and of course the near-impossible AI even on the easiest difficulty.

Really hope they'll improve a lot in the sequel, make the physics more like the Ride games perhaps.
    Disagree with both posts!

I'm having a great time with it. The first thing to master is not falling off the bike. Once you've got that down, gradually start to increase your speed using the dynamic racing line as a guide. When you become confident at taking turns and crests (yes, slow for the crests, or you'll end up off in a field somewhere!) you realise you can go faster than the racing line makes out... But only just.

That's how I practiced, and I'm really enjoying it a lot. But not falling off is the first step! Decelerate into corners and break in a straight line, then gradually open the throttle as you ride through the apex of the turn.

As for the AI, you need to be patient and wait for the right time to pass. Sometimes races are multiclass, so don't expect to win every one either!

One thing I do agree with though is the presentation. It needs to be much clearer how close you are to your goal of competing in the TT, and what you can do to get there.
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • SkarviTSkarviT122,658
    Posted on 09 February 20 at 14:52Permalink
    I never played the first one but only for the posts I don't even want to play this one.
  • Posted on 09 February 20 at 16:26Permalink
    I completely agree x Mataeus x if you want to ever boost together any online achievements I'm looking for a fellow gamer.
  • Darklord1899Darklord1899364,320
    Posted on 10 February 20 at 15:18Permalink
    I am sure that there are great games players who love bikes. When playing this new game they are going to be AMAZING.
    Unfortunately for me, I am not one of them. I played it and was taken by how stupid most of the decisions about the game play were. It is a simulation.
    Having no arcade feel or easy track means they will be only limited amounts of people who want to play this. I am not going to be one of them.
  • Bartez BikerBartez Biker377,500
    Posted today at 10:52Permalink
    I actually race bikes in real life and this game is amazing. It is the closest sim to real life racing i have played. You just got to treat the bike with respect feel through the pad vibrations what the bike is doing. Best options that work for me are split brakes and automatic gears everything else on medium and AI on easy. Learn the tracks use just your front brake and your back brake purely for emergencies. Use the cockpit view (just the screen and dash) and enjoy the game it takes a while to get used to it but it is so rewarding winning your 1st TT.
    Bartez Biker
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.