Bug Reports Forum

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

New Gamertag system bugs

AuthorMessage
TrueAchievement
Posted on 14 June 19 at 09:36
Please post here any bugs you find with the new Xbox gamertag system on TrueAchievements.

Please include a link to the page where you found the problem and whether you are using the desktop or mobile version of the site.
BAMMphil
BAMMphil
Posted on 14 June 19 at 11:26, Edited on 14 June 19 at 11:30 by BAMMphil
I tried the search function with the new gamertags and as an example I chose the " Jordan ツ" Gamertag you used in the article.

So I enter it in the search bar, hit enter, scroll down to the Gamertag and when you click it it forwards you to the trueachievements.com homepage.

So I guess something is broken there !
(Using Desktop site and link: https://www.trueachievements.com/searchresults.aspx?search=J... )

EDIT: It also looks like you cant search for Gamertags with special characters in the search bar, as searching for "Jordan ツ" doesnt return anything.
BulletLukey
BulletLukey
Posted on 14 June 19 at 12:56, Edited on 14 June 19 at 13:01 by BulletLukey
The search function has always been that way, and is not directly related to Gamertags. More of a Unicode issue in general. Like searching for 'Viva Piñata' does not show the 4 Viva Piñata games.

And I also did a search for Jordan when the article was first published and noticed it didn't work too. :P
But it is working now: Jordan -Though, for some reason ツ is not auto showing in that profile link.
TrueAchievement
Posted on 14 June 19 at 13:54
BulletLukey said:
The search function has always been that way, and is not directly related to Gamertags. More of a Unicode issue in general. Like searching for 'Viva Piñata' does not show the 4 Viva Piñata games.

And I also did a search for Jordan when the article was first published and noticed it didn't work too. :P
But it is working now: Jordan -Though, for some reason ツ is not auto showing in that profile link.
This should be fixed now!
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted on 14 June 19 at 14:51
Not a big deal but my gamer avatar isn't showing mine but rather the original "Ace" avatar. Appreciate all the work done by you guys!
lightsup55
lightsup55
Posted on 14 June 19 at 15:03
Any chance we could change the TrueAchievements site to use a serif type font?

Not a bug with the new Gamertag system, but an issue with how to distinguish two identical looking Gamertags on their own profile page when using a sans-serif font on TrueAchievements.

Example:
lightsup55 (my original tag, with a lowercase L and lowercase i that follows after it)
Iightsup55 (a second tag I registered using an uppercase i and lowercase i that follows after it)

Both Gamertags are original and both were registered by me before the new Gamertag system went live.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 14 June 19 at 15:34, Edited on 14 June 19 at 16:06 by Shadow Kisuragi
Don't worry Ace... some of us are using your profile to test out what's broken with someone that's gone through the process. laugh

We identified the Avatar issue earlier and reported it, so thank you for calling it out as well.

Found more:
Under the Goals tab, for the View more games link under Ace's Best Games, the URL is broken.
Under the Goals tab, for the View more achievements button under Ace's Best Achievements, the URL is pointing to the clashing Gamertag (Ace).
EDIT: More things, but mainly just duplicate names displaying creating confusion.
Gamer Comparison: https://www.trueachievements.com/gamercomparison.aspx?gameri...

My Game Collection: Display names both show Ace when adding as a comparison, though Search was fixed to denote which profile was which.

Graphs show "Ace" for both for display names, though I've not yet found out how to get both on a graph to verify it'll show both together as "Ace"
MysticWeirdo
MysticWeirdo
Posted on 14 June 19 at 17:12
The "view all games" button on someones profile is missing the hostname:
https://gamer/MysticWeirdo/games
onsamyj
onsamyj
Posted on 14 June 19 at 17:46
Link to “My Achievement Streaks” of any user goes to the main page. For example:

onsamyj's Win Streaks
TrueAchievement's Win Streaks
etc., etc.
BulletLukey
BulletLukey
Posted on 14 June 19 at 18:56
Even though the 'Xbox Live page' link has been fixed on the User Profile page, the button on the Gaming Session pages (Which is supposed to have the same function), goes to the account without the #.
E.g. Boosting Gaming Session for Final Fantasy XV
MCFC Blue Nose
Posted on 14 June 19 at 19:08
When i'm clicking on my achievement streaks, it takes me to the main menu page
GHOSTLYSHINOBI
Posted on 14 June 19 at 22:50
https://gamer/GHOSTLYSHINOBI/games

I get thus when I click on the my games button, no web page
Faustus PHD
Faustus PHD
Posted on 15 June 19 at 03:45
Using the Chrome browser on my mobile phone and the mobile TA site, I am getting a
DNS error when I select - My Gaming > My Games. The exact error reads gamer's server IP address could not be found. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 16 June 19 at 09:19
GHOSTLYSHINOBI said:
https://gamer/GHOSTLYSHINOBI/games

I get thus when I click on the my games button, no web page
Same issue here
Wake me, when you need me.
MrFreakzilla
MrFreakzilla
Posted on 16 June 19 at 13:54
I get the same thing for my boost list and new session notifications have stopped.
Faustus PHD
Faustus PHD
Posted on 16 June 19 at 22:03
The DNS error seems to apply to the 'My achievements' link as well.

https://gamer/Faustus+PHD/achievements
DURDENS WRATH
DURDENS WRATH
Posted on 16 June 19 at 22:09
Same problem with My Boost list
Nerdzilla
Nerdzilla
Posted on 16 June 19 at 23:18
The link to my Completion times from the inbox message sends me to the homepage. It doesn't have my number at the end. When clicking via menu all is fine
jrath05
jrath05
Posted on 17 June 19 at 01:28
onsamyj said:
Link to “My Achievement Streaks” of any user goes to the main page. For example:

onsamyj's Win Streaks
TrueAchievement's Win Streaks
etc., etc.
Having the same issue; cannot get to my full list of winstreaks. (Individual winstreaks seem to work fine).

Not sure what the exact link is (assumming it would be jrath05's Win Streaks) but am immediately redirected to the homepage.

This happens when I both click "ACHIEVEMENT WIN STREAKS" (in the heading over my current winstreak. i.e. from this heading:
JRATH05 > JRATH05'S STATS > ACHIEVEMENT WIN STREAKS > STREAK STARTING 07 JUN 19 on the page jrath05 Win Streak - 10 days from 07 Jun 19 )
or when I click the green arrow on the "Achievement Streaks" box to the right on this same page.

Discovered this on desktop version of site.
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 17 June 19 at 04:46
DURDENS WRATH said:
Same problem with My Boost list
yeah came here to post this, the boost request list is also not working currently.

link to mine: https://gamer/iMaginaryy/games?boost=1

on a side note, didn't it used to be easier to get to the boost request list? either way, an option under the top right drop down would be useful.
Fear is the mindkiller.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.