Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Code Vein's First Boss is Oliver Collins

AuthorMessage
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 14 June 19 at 10:14
A name to invoke fear

Please click here to read the story: Code Vein's First Boss is Oliver Collins
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 14 June 19 at 10:35
Yikes. Oliver’s getting a Japanese voiceover in my game. laugh
Gintama ZURA
Gintama ZURA
Posted on 14 June 19 at 11:33, Edited on 14 June 19 at 11:36 by Gintama ZURA
Fooga said:
English voices in Japanese entertainment is almost always absolute dogshit. To be completely fair to this specific character though, it's nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be before playing the video.

EDIT: After listening to it again, it's pretty bad haha. Hard to make a complete opinion though after only hearing a few words and some questionable sounding grunts, lol.
緑眼のイアン
Posted on 14 June 19 at 11:39
Fooga said:
I'm just straight up playing it in Japanese (bilingual win!) since Bandai games always give me that option, unlike some publishers that never do, Sega. Or Square's games that make me jump through annoying hoops to do it...

Mini rant aside, I'm excited for the game. The beta thing gave a decent little taste of the game and it seems like it'll be fun.
Jinrui ni eikou are!
Tuschi
Tuschi
Posted on 14 June 19 at 12:03
Gintama ZURA said:
Fooga said:
English voices in Japanese entertainment is almost always absolute dogshit. To be completely fair to this specific character though, it's nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be before playing the video.

EDIT: After listening to it again, it's pretty bad haha. Hard to make a complete opinion though after only hearing a few words and some questionable sounding grunts, lol.
Persona, Catherine, Fullmetal Alchemist, Baccano, Kingdom Hearts OCs, Nier, Bayonetta, Metal Gear... and many many more. I think almost always is a bit harsh. You're missing out on some top tier quality voice acting if you're going into it with that mindset.
Ctrl Alt Boot
Ctrl Alt Boot
Posted on 14 June 19 at 16:46
Tuschi said:
Gintama ZURA said:
Fooga said:

Persona, Catherine, Fullmetal Alchemist, Baccano, Kingdom Hearts OCs, Nier, Bayonetta, Metal Gear... and many many more. I think almost always is a bit harsh. You're missing out on some top tier quality voice acting if you're going into it with that mindset.
Yu Yu Hakusho is another top tier dub. Infinitely better than the original.
MaliceGhost
MaliceGhost
Posted on 17 June 19 at 15:05
Gintama ZURA said:
Fooga said:

Atlus games tend to have superb dubbing
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.