Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

DOOM Eternal's Battlemode Replaces Standard Multiplayer

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 14 June 19 at 17:55
The primary multiplayer mode

Please click here to read the story: DOOM Eternal's Battlemode Replaces Standard Multiplayer
WonderCaliban
WonderCaliban
Posted on 14 June 19 at 18:01
But Doom started multiplayer deathmatch.

Thats like a Mario game without platforms
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 14 June 19 at 18:03
I'm kinda sad because I'm probably one of the few players that REALLY enjoyed Doom 2016 multiplayer, tons of different modes to play and a big arsenal of weapons and power-ups! I will buy Doom Eternal 100%, let's see what new things it'll bring us!
TRAP LOVERS
T0NY HAYABUSA
T0NY HAYABUSA
Posted on 14 June 19 at 18:12
Never really played Dooms MP for long. Maybe I played 2-3 matches. It's not that I didn't like it, I just don't like MP in general. I'm a campaign guy.
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 14 June 19 at 18:13
I, for one, will be quite happy with this. I really didn't like the last MP, it was just too fast to die. I guess i Was one of those people who didn't have the twitch skill to pull off decent kill streaks. I'd much perfer a strat type of game. This sounds very appealing and may change my mind about getting the game come black friday.
Pris
Pris
Posted on 14 June 19 at 18:19
Im disappointed with this decision however if its what the masses wanted then they would be stupid not to listen.

The game will still be a great blast if its anything like the last one. I still have huge belief this game will be amazing
IXI FalcoN
IXI FalcoN
Posted on 14 June 19 at 18:23
That's a shame, I like arena shooters and Doom 2016's MP was a decent one and fun for the couple of weeks I played it. Ended up boosting the rest of the achievements when I started to get tired of it though.

Can't really blame them though; arena shooters aren't popular anymore.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 14 June 19 at 19:03
Doom 2016's MP was so good. Ton of fun. I didn't even boost any of the achievements. Got em all legit, just playing naturally and having fun. Shame to see it go away.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 14 June 19 at 19:25
That stinks. I grinded through DOOM's MP once the season pass went free and I quite enjoyed it. Not enough to make it my main multiplayer game of choice or anything, but the Kill Confirmed mode where one player was always a demon was pretty fun.
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 14 June 19 at 19:47
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Doom 2016's MP was so good. Ton of fun. I didn't even boost any of the achievements. Got em all legit, just playing naturally and having fun. Shame to see it go away.
Completely agree. HATE this change. Arena shooters are becoming more and more scarce. I am super disappointed in this.
AKfoy0face
AKfoy0face
Posted on 14 June 19 at 20:46
T0NY HAYABUSA said:
Never really played Dooms MP for long. Maybe I played 2-3 matches. It's not that I didn't like it, I just don't like MP in general. I'm a campaign guy.
Wow. Cool!
Skrubits
Skrubits
Posted on 14 June 19 at 21:11
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
I agree. Just a bit too grindy as I did it after the patch.
Would you kindly?
Zombies World
Zombies World
Posted on 14 June 19 at 22:19
I personally loved Doom's multiplayer. The only thing I disliked about it was the demon power ups, they were op and threw off the balance of the game. I was really hoping Eternal would have the same
MP and just drop the demon power ups. Oh well, I won't be playing this 2v1 crap.
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 15 June 19 at 04:13, Edited on 15 June 19 at 04:15 by Fooga
CRUM LEE said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Completely agree. HATE this change. Arena shooters are becoming more and more scarce. I am super disappointed in this.
I was lucky enough to get those armor achievements when they just gave em out, but I did have to hit a certain rank at the end and ended up doing it in one day. I didn’t like it in the beginning but when they started adding more guns and demons it was pretty fun. I’m pretty excited to see how Battle Mode is gonna be though. It does sound pretty interesting.

Only thing that’s kind of disappointing is the assumption that this replaced the original idea when Eternal was announced where other players could invade your campaign as demons, and that sounded friggin awesome.
JORDANQUAKE4
JORDANQUAKE4
Posted on 15 June 19 at 05:56, Edited on 15 June 19 at 05:56 by JORDANQUAKE4
Fooga said:
CRUM LEE said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
I was lucky enough to get those armor achievements when they just gave em out, but I did have to hit a certain rank at the end and ended up doing it in one day. I didn’t like it in the beginning but when they started adding more guns and demons it was pretty fun. I’m pretty excited to see how Battle Mode is gonna be though. It does sound pretty interesting.

Only thing that’s kind of disappointing is the assumption that this replaced the original idea when Eternal was announced where other players could invade your campaign as demons, and that sounded friggin awesome.
they are still doing that you will have the option to let others be able to invade your game as demons if you want nothing has change there my friend
The Hardcore
The Last Rascal
Posted on 15 June 19 at 07:12
WonderCaliban said:
But Doom started multiplayer deathmatch.

Thats like a Mario game without platforms
Exactly.

Campaign is king, but this is f***ing Doom.

The 2016 MP was exactly what it should have been, an aggressive, arena-style blood rush with pickups, tons of guns all set to constant motion. It’s exactly the campaign (which also respected the source material), plus modern game types.

I’m all for experimentation, but if you’re going to do Doom MP, I still really want the classic too. This doesn’t change my opinion to buy, but it will definitely kill my long term engagement.

I guess at least 2v1s won’t take as long to queue when the multiplayer dies.
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 15 June 19 at 09:01
Don't worry, it'll get patched in during a future update.

For those who doubt, feel free to quote me in a year's time dance
"I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 15 June 19 at 11:16, Edited on 15 June 19 at 11:17 by EarthboundX
I found Doom 2016's MP super generic myself. Not very fun. Felt more like Halo than Doom

I'd rather there'd be no MP at all to be honest, or at least no MP achievements(I think we can say that about all games though) I can't imagine most people played Doom 2016 for the MP, it was for the campaign.
Octobot Super
Octobot Super
Posted on 16 June 19 at 00:02
EarthboundX said:
...I can't imagine most people played Doom 2016 for the MP, it was for the campaign.
I agree, the campaign was stellar. I had some fun with MP though, despite myself (usually avoid it). My favorite part was turning into the demons so I'm okay with them taking the multiplayer in this direction!
WarningRabbit95
Posted on 16 June 19 at 11:04
The multiplayer was fun for what it was (2016). Did it have the same feel as the campaign? Not by a long shot, but to pick up every once in awhile it served a fun purpose. In any event, I very much look forward to anything DOOM related.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.