Game Discussion: Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series (Xbox 360) Forum

Season One, Episode 2 download issue on 360

AuthorMessage
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 15 June 19 at 16:42
I've read 3 reports of not being able to start the download of Episode 2 of Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series (Xbox 360). They could download all other episodes.

Here are the original reports.
Ultimate Telltale Delisting Guide- What Works, Delistings, Workarounds, Download Links
Minecraft: Story Mode Episodes Must be Downloaded By June 25th
Minecraft: Story Mode Xbox 360 Episodes are Now Downloadable Again
Since they appeared in 3 threads, I thought it best to consolidate here.

For those users, the episode appears as Free, but trying to download leads to the 80153003 error code.

I've verified that all 3 are using the Season Pass Deluxe (for episodes 2-8). I have heard someone else was able to download the episode, but I have not yet heard what kind of Season Pass he is using. The options are:
Season Pass disc (gives rights to download Episodes 2-5)
Season Pass digital (gives rights to download Episodes 2-5)
Season Pass Deluxe digital (gives rights to download Episodes 2-8)

Two of the posters are in the US; the third doesn't have a region listed on TA.

My theory is that the Season Pass Deluxe uses a different file identifier for Episode 2, so the game is not seeing the recent relisting of the episode. The episode is showing on the Marketplace, so it was relisted with the others.

Please share any more information, successes, or failures.
Wakapeil
Wakapeil
Posted on 15 June 19 at 18:28
I have the deluxe season pass and can't download episode 2 from Sweden. I have downloaded the rest of the episodes and they show as ready to play.
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 15 June 19 at 20:23
When the Episode 2 is added to your download queue, what is the exact name of the file that you see? For example, when I download the Season Two episodes, I see:
Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2 Episode 2 SP
Minecraft: Story Mode - Season 2 - Episode 3
Minecraft: Story Mode - Season 2 - Episode 4
Minecraft: Story Mode - Season 2 - Episode 5

Since the naming format is different for Episode 2 in Season Two, I wonder if there are different naming formats for Episode 2 in Season One. Maybe regular Season Pass does one and Season Pass Deluxe does another.

These names can also be seen in Download History, if the download is successful. But in Storage, the Episode names are all of the form:
Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two Episode 2
Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two Episode 3
Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two Episode 4
Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two Episode 5

So please give the file name you see in the Download Queue and in Storage (you probably have an unfinished download). That might determine exactly what file you are unsuccessfully downloading.

For anyone who can download Season One, Episode 2, it might be helpful to know the filename you see in Download Queue / Download History and in Storage. Thanks.
Living Legends
Posted on 15 June 19 at 20:45
I had mime downloaded previously before the shutdown and it is the only episode to be named differently when downloading or stored.same when viewing in download history
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 15 June 19 at 20:54
Living Legends said:
I had mime downloaded previously before the shutdown and it is the only episode to be named differently when downloading or stored.same when viewing in download history
Thanks. Did you use the Season Pass Deluxe? What is the exact name of the file? I wish I could try things out myself, but I only have the Complete Adventures disc.
Living Legends
Posted on 16 June 19 at 17:59, Edited on 16 June 19 at 18:00 by Living Legends
ill check, bought on account from release date so I don't know. I just redownloaded them and noticed it was the only file that was differently when downloading. I do own the season pass
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 17 June 19 at 00:06
I'm having this issue. When I back out of the error message it's added to my Active Downloads and called Minecraft: Story Mode - Episode 2 like all of the other episodes. I too have Season Pass Deluxe. My support ticket is still open and they want a video of it happening. I'm going to make that in a bit here and I'll update when I hear back. At least he's listening to me and not blowing me off
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 17 June 19 at 20:16
I have heard that this should now be resolved. Please try to download S1, E2 (360) again.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 17 June 19 at 22:46
MathGuy42 said:
I have heard that this should now be resolved. Please try to download S1, E2 (360) again.
Yep I can happily report that I was able to download this as normal just now
Wakapeil
Wakapeil
Posted on 22 June 19 at 19:22
It is working! Thanks MathGuy42!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.