Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] – The Last Backward Compatible Games for Xbox One Are Now Available

AuthorMessage
redjarman
361,149
redjarman
Posted on 16 June 19 at 15:48
so does this mean we shouldn't actually pay for any of these games as now the pool for GWG 360 games is limited to this and will likely come to them at some point?
PickAxPete
216,307
PickAxPete
Posted on 16 June 19 at 15:49
MrZombieChicken said:
I am sure there was massive clamor to have King Kong join the program. Wow! this made like 2 people's days. Maybe not even that many.
Hey now, I *loved* collecting sticks as Adrian Brody!
zeldafanjtl
149,375
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 16 June 19 at 15:51
Cemetery Girls said:
MrZombieChicken said:
I am sure there was massive clamor to have King Kong join the program. Wow! this made like 2 people's days. Maybe not even that many.
Odd attitude, it's a pretty solid game.
Agreed. The snark in the article was unwarranted and the author probably never actually played the game.

The Kong levels were awful, but the Jack levels were a well-done light survival horror shooter that was somewhat ahead of its time. I’m always a fan of tie-in games that are willing to do their own thing.

SilentRich69 said:
You do realize that it's all going to continue on the Scarlett right? Sure it's gone for 18 months which sucks ass but the feature isn't just being retired for eternity.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think it’s been confirmed that we’ll see new BC original Xbox and 360 titles on Scarlett; the team might be entirely focused on Xbox One games.

Plus you’ll have to, you know, buy new hardware.

Of course Microsoft wasn’t going to keep doing this forever, but I understand why people might be disappointed.
JBX7I
1,740
JBX7I
Posted on 16 June 19 at 15:55
upsonmatthew said:
MrZombieChicken said:
I am sure there was massive clamor to have King Kong join the program. Wow! this made like 2 people's days. Maybe not even that many.
It's was actually a really solid movie game at the time.
I could't agree with you. I played this shortly after it had came out and it was pretty awful.
Myckel Jay
207,186
Myckel Jay
Posted on 16 June 19 at 15:55
Too Human is a huge surprise considering it’s recall back in the day. It’s a phenomenal title though and I’m glad they’re giving people a chance to get it for free.
Arkham#8076
1,389,773
Arkham
Posted on 16 June 19 at 16:08
Myckel Jay said:
Too Human is a huge surprise considering it’s recall back in the day. It’s a phenomenal title though and I’m glad they’re giving people a chance to get it for free.
IMO, Too Human is a massively underrated game.
Gintama ZURA
330,843
Gintama ZURA
Posted on 16 June 19 at 16:09, Edited on 16 June 19 at 16:13 by Gintama ZURA
V0CALICMAX said:
So damn glad they got ALL the splinter cell BC!

still sad we didn't get soulcalibur iv/v and any serious sam though :'(
Soul Calibur IV/V are the worst in the series anyway. But if it's in your backlog, I can see why you'd rather play it on the far superior Xbox One d-pad. That 360 d-pad is horrible.

I'm also really happy about the Splinter Cell games though, definitely agree with ya on that.
XwolfanX
599,136
XwolfanX
Posted on 16 June 19 at 16:13, Edited on 16 June 19 at 16:15 by XwolfanX
I was Hoping for F.E.A.R games and Splatterhouse, maybe DEFJAM ICON, and few many other cry
Hellgate Aeon
359,082
Hellgate Aeon
Posted on 16 June 19 at 16:17
hilarious how they give too human away for free. i just grabbed it. nice move.

but here is a strange thing that happened. i OWN splinter cell chaos theory. nevertheless it doesnt appear in the xbox 360 store as a game i own. maybe (i could be wrong here) they replaced the games. i thought i bought it for 10 euro and now it is up to 15
RevRico420
131,727
RevRico420
Posted on 16 June 19 at 16:19
Sad. Now I KNOW I'll never get to play Lollipop Chainsaw, Blitz the League, or Backyard Wrestling or Scarface again.

They run too horribly in emulators when you can find them, I was just holding out on the off chance they'd join the program.
Twenty Sevens
367,411
Twenty Sevens
Posted on 16 June 19 at 16:19
tpb fan said:
is Splinter Cell xbx one x better then the ps3 HD collection ?
The xbox versions look better and from what I've read, have slightly different level design. They also look really good on an xbox one x.
Try and break our cookie system.
CHAOTIC IZUAL
431,163
CHAOTIC IZUAL
Posted on 16 June 19 at 16:35
Alot of unnecessary sass in this article didnt need an oped for an announcement
sugar is sweet lemons are sour spread your legs and feel my power :D
FireDrake007
28,337
FireDrake007
Posted on 16 June 19 at 17:03
Jsrc1990 said:
Am I the only one who is excited by farcry Classic And predator?
I was pretty happy about Far Cry Instincts Predator. I just bought it a couple of weeks ago and includes a section, Far Cry Evolution, not found in the Classic version.
Westworld 2016
Posted on 16 June 19 at 17:06
Nice nice nice!
FireDrake007
28,337
FireDrake007
Posted on 16 June 19 at 17:08, Edited on 16 June 19 at 17:09 by FireDrake007
Twenty Sevens said:
tpb fan said:
is Splinter Cell xbx one x better then the ps3 HD collection ?
The xbox versions look better and from what I've read, have slightly different level design. They also look really good on an xbox one x.
Any OG Xbox game added to BC are enhanced to 4K resolution which should look a lot better than the PS3's HD version. I still prefer my PC 4K version of the first SC game graphically especially in full screen(compared to the 4:3 aspect ratio of the OG Xbox version), but not having the choice to use a gamepad on PC for these older games is a bit annoying.

Pandora Tomorrow, however is not available on PC, so I am glad I can now play it on my Xbox One X.
Viridisx13
647,267
Viridisx13
Posted on 16 June 19 at 17:27
The good thing about this is that potentially the future GWG are going to be titles that are already backwards compatible...
C3LLDW3LLER
456,925
C3LLDW3LLER
Posted on 16 June 19 at 17:44
The link for Too Human doesn't work.
Iceberg082006
399,338
Iceberg082006
Posted on 16 June 19 at 17:49
C3LLDW3LLER said:
The link for Too Human doesn't work.
And it’s not even on the list in my Xbox
Iceberg Right Ahead
TitianDan
714,624
TitianDan
Posted on 16 June 19 at 17:54
zeldafanjtl said:
Cemetery Girls said:
MrZombieChicken said:
I am sure there was massive clamor to have King Kong join the program. Wow! this made like 2 people's days. Maybe not even that many.
Odd attitude, it's a pretty solid game.
Agreed. The snark in the article was unwarranted and the author probably never actually played the game.

The Kong levels were awful, but the Jack levels were a well-done light survival horror shooter that was somewhat ahead of its time. I’m always a fan of tie-in games that are willing to do their own thing.

SilentRich69 said:
You do realize that it's all going to continue on the Scarlett right? Sure it's gone for 18 months which sucks ass but the feature isn't just being retired for eternity.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think it’s been confirmed that we’ll see new BC original Xbox and 360 titles on Scarlett; the team might be entirely focused on Xbox One games.

Plus you’ll have to, you know, buy new hardware.

Of course Microsoft wasn’t going to keep doing this forever, but I understand why people might be disappointed.
Phil spencer has said on several occasions that their will be 4 generations of xbox playable on the next gen :) if u look through TA articles from late, youll see it being covered :)
D Jones
francisrossi
285,212
francisrossi
Posted on 16 June 19 at 17:54
I honestly thought Enslaved was already BC. Oops.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.