Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] – The Last Backward Compatible Games for Xbox One Are Now Available

AuthorMessage
BlazingXero
BlazingXero
Posted on 17 June 19 at 01:02
Looking forward to finishing Star Ocean and getting the remaining battle trophies (kinda laugh).

Could give Infinite Undiscovery a second go. Couldn't get into it last time I played
mkdfan
mkdfan
Posted on 17 June 19 at 01:56
What’s going on with Enslaved?

I bought it a while ago but it hasn’t appeared in my games list.
When I search for it in the store and try to download it, a message tells me the game is not available in my region.

So is it not available in the UK all of a sudden?
Legendary J Man
Posted on 17 June 19 at 02:01
Yo, Armed and Dangerous is fantastic. It's the only Xbox original game I own. It is BC on the 360 as well so I had faith it would make it to Xbox one, though both Lucasarts and planet moon studios dont exist any more so I donno how they got permission to do it.

What is neat is that the graphics in game are actually pretty good. It must have gotten enchanted for the X. Not the cut scenes though, those are still bad 2003 renders.
Emiinah
Emiinah
Posted on 17 June 19 at 02:31
Wow Far Cry looked so different back then.
You child of a twon-ha!
TXsportsGamer83
Posted on 17 June 19 at 02:52
V0CALICMAX said:
So damn glad they got ALL the splinter cell BC!

still sad we didn't get soulcalibur iv/v and any serious sam though :'(
Yes sucks SC 4 & 5 didn't make bc. Same goes for SF X TEK
TXsportsGamer83
Posted on 17 June 19 at 02:54
Wow syndicate made the list? Does this mean gwg?
keoskey
keoskey
Posted on 17 June 19 at 03:48
Surprised that Battlefield2 Modern Combat got BC since the servers were shut down. Still hoping they bring the servers back online but I am not holding my breath.
[url=http://xboxamerica.com/?r=card-23392][img]http://xboxamerica.com/gamercards/slim-summary/keoske
Paradise LostSX
Posted on 17 June 19 at 04:32
I get focusing on next gen but to announce BC is completely ending over a year out from the next console is really disappointing. It's one thing that really made the Xbone unique over the PS4. There are still so many games I would've liked to see get the BC 4K treatment.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 17 June 19 at 05:02
hugmynd said:
pretty sure you just had to beat king kong to get all the achievements lol
I wish more games did that, honestly. Much better than the typical “play through every level five times to get all the pointless collectibles” or “get a 360 quickscope on the fifth Tuesday in May” achievements that most games have.

It’s rare to be able to get all the achievements in a game before it’s overstayed its welcome.

keoskey said:
Surprised that Battlefield2 Modern Combat got BC since the servers were shut down. Still hoping they bring the servers back online but I am not holding my breath.
Don’t hold your breath. Shut down servers means the publisher was running their own servers instead of what Microsoft provides. I don’t think EA has ever brought back servers for a shut down game.
keoskey
keoskey
Posted on 17 June 19 at 05:16, Edited on 17 June 19 at 05:54 by keoskey
zeldafanjtl said:
hugmynd said:
pretty sure you just had to beat king kong to get all the achievements lol
I wish more games did that, honestly. Much better than the typical “play through every level five times to get all the pointless collectibles” or “get a 360 quickscope on the fifth Tuesday in May” achievements that most games have.

It’s rare to be able to get all the achievements in a game before it’s overstayed its welcome.

keoskey said:
Don’t hold your breath. Shut down servers means the publisher was running their own servers instead of what Microsoft provides. I don’t think EA has ever brought back servers for a shut down game.
They did in fact with Skate 3 last year so don't say there is not a small chance.

That also bring me to say i hope they also bring back Skate 1 Servers
[url=http://xboxamerica.com/?r=card-23392][img]http://xboxamerica.com/gamercards/slim-summary/keoske
Destro WOD
Destro WOD
Posted on 17 June 19 at 06:22
The last batch of 360 games is overall satisfying with many fan requested titles like Enslaved or Asura's Wrath but you can't help but to notice the absence of some games that should had made it...

FEAR (all of them)
Mortal Kombat 9
Max Payne 3

and a few more i would had loved that are not really "big games" but still...

Splatterhouse
Lolipop Chainsaw
Two Worlds 2
Gothic 4 : Arcania

And obviously the 360 versions of Skyrim and GTA5 wich i totally get why they are not but it still sucks.

As for the OG Games tough, well im a bit bious because i am NOT a fan of Splinter Cell but man was it a disapointement for me. After a year and some months of waiting, all we get is 8 games and 4 of them are of the same serie. Only game im genuinly interested to try is Indiana Jones. I played Unreal Championship 2 and honestly the interest of this game without an online is super limited. I rather pop the OG Unreal Tournament on PS2, its a better game IMO.

I would had love to see games like Time Splitters, Curse the Eye of Isis, Stubs the Zombie or other hidden gems like that but most importantly why some of Microsoft own titles are not there? Sudeki for instance... I mean i understand Halo 1/2 and Fable would had been waste of space since they are playable on X1 already in some form but Sudeki would had been a great addition.

The fact it end on only 40 games is a bit disapointing to say the least.
Destro WOD
SpectreSubZero
Posted on 17 June 19 at 06:35
TrueAssassin86x said:
Downloading too human now. I love playing games people seem to say that its bad.
I actually really enjoyed the game
www.gamertagnation.com
Mo the Surfer
Mo the Surfer
Posted on 17 June 19 at 06:45, Edited on 17 June 19 at 06:56 by Mo the Surfer
Star Ocean and Enslaved are on my wish list and Infinite Undiscovery is on my "I'll get back to it list"
The new dashboard sux!
Mo the Surfer
Mo the Surfer
Posted on 17 June 19 at 06:46
SpectreSubZero said:
TrueAssassin86x said:
Downloading too human now. I love playing games people seem to say that its bad.
I actually really enjoyed the game
It is a fairly good game, but the DEATH SCENE is over done - you will see it A LOT.
The new dashboard sux!
gobey17
gobey17
Posted on 17 June 19 at 07:22
Happy Enchanted Arms (actually decent gameplay, crap plot though), Enslaved and Syndicate made it. Enslaved I might give a go in the future and Syndicate I actually bought ages ago for some reason on disc but never got a team together for it.

I wanted Sonic Tennis for completion sake. Pain to go back on the 360 to finish stuff.
Cuthred
Cuthred
Posted on 17 June 19 at 07:50
TwistedTB said:
Cuthred said:
anybody else having issues to download both Psychonauts and Indiana Jones on 360? Games seems to be corrupt after download.
One issue I am aware of when trying to play OG Xbox games on the 360, is if you have replaced the hard drive with a 3rd party drive, it will not have the partition to run the original Xbox emulator. So you can only play original Xbox games on a 360 with a first party Microsoft hard drive.
using the original HD, I guess it must be something different

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 17 June 19 at 09:08
Can finally 100% Too human.
WWEADDICT4LIFE
Posted on 17 June 19 at 09:45
guess we aint ever getting Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Burning Earth on xbox one shame really as i never got to play it and before anyone says play it on 360 no can do sold that when i got the original xbone
TwistedTB
TwistedTB
Posted on 17 June 19 at 10:00
Chakaal Starr said:
Is Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix part of a collection game somewhere? It wants to sell it to me in the store, but I have achievements in it from somewhere.
It can be found on disc in the Capcom Digital Collection with Super Street Fighter II HD Remix, Final Fight Double Impact, 1942 Joint Strike, Bionic Commando ReArmed 2, Wolves of the Battlefield: Commando 3, Rocketmen: Axis of Evil, and Flock!
Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
Sonic1994PL
Sonic1994PL
Posted on 17 June 19 at 10:04
Hm, Skate. Too shame there's no more online feature since 2011...
Multiple console collector. Only Original Xbox and Xbox 360 owner with Xbox family.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.