Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] – The Last Backward Compatible Games for Xbox One Are Now Available

• FotusKnightFotusKnight208,256
    Posted on 18 June 19 at 02:31
    NOOOO!!!! MORTAL KOMBAT 9!!! FUSE!!! SCARPLAND!!! ORIGINAL HALO: CE!!!
    me
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB877,441
    Posted on 18 June 19 at 05:29
    Yeah, I hope they resume the program sooner rather than later, because there are still a lot of games that need to see BC.
    Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7497,680
    Posted on 18 June 19 at 06:37
    Interesting that many here interpreted the BC's team shift to Scarlett as a hiatus instead of a permanent end to future OG/360 titles being added to the back catalog. I sincerely hope this is the case because the BC program is one of my favorite things about Xbox.

However, I thought the Inside Xbox announcement, the official article on Xbox Wire, and Phil Spencer's interview with GiantBomb made it pretty clear this really is the last batch of OG and X360 games to be made playable on Xbox One and by extension, Scarlett.

Time will tell, I guess.
  • Jackimo1999Jackimo1999127,441
    Posted on 18 June 19 at 08:01
    Dresden N7 said:
    Interesting that many here interpreted the BC's team shift to Scarlett as a hiatus instead of a permanent end to future OG/360 titles being added to the back catalog. I sincerely hope this is the case because the BC program is one of my favorite things about Xbox.

However, I thought the Inside Xbox announcement, the official article on Xbox Wire, and Phil Spencer's interview with GiantBomb made it pretty clear this really is the last batch of OG and X360 games to be made playable on Xbox One and by extension, Scarlett.

Time will tell, I guess.
    From the article:

"Also, this is the last batch of backward compatible games coming to Xbox One — so while Scarlett may pick up the torch at some point, those who do not make the upgrade won't be seeing any more 360 or Originals made available on the One - unless Microsoft decide to backpedal on that position."
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7497,680
    Posted on 18 June 19 at 08:45, Edited on 18 June 19 at 08:50 by Dresden N7
    Jackimo1999 said:
    Dresden N7 said:

Time will tell, I guess.
    From the article:

"Also, this is the last batch of backward compatible games coming to Xbox One — so while Scarlett may pick up the torch at some point, those who do not make the upgrade won't be seeing any more 360 or Originals made available on the One - unless Microsoft decide to backpedal on that position."
    I never said the TA newshounds claimed otherwise. I was referring to the sentiment seen in some of the comments here and remarks people have made on various friend feeds.
  • Posted on 18 June 19 at 10:32
    zeldafanjtl said:
    Mobius Evalon said:
    Is Too Human one of those {#}it'll be delisted but you can still download it later from your history{#} removals, or a {#}download it and keep it on your storage device because it's gonna be proper gone{#} removal?
    I would assume the former. The latter is very rare.
    Considering the game's unusual circumstances, I figured it'd be one of the few that would be completely removed.
    My opinions are often unpopular and acerbic.
  • Posted on 19 June 19 at 22:58
    anyone having problems getting too human?
    Devil cracked the earthly shell, foretold she was the one. Blew hope into the room and said "You have to live before you die young"
  • Achilles8249Achilles8249740,633
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 07:50, Edited on 14 January 20 at 07:51 by Achilles8249
    Currently too human is still free along with 2 themes and the armor set. Very strange for this game to come back from the dead and all of this stuff free of charge.
  • Posted on 19 April 20 at 11:29, Edited on 20 April 20 at 03:24 by ClassierPompano
    Achilles8249 said:
    Currently too human is still free along with 2 themes and the armor set. Very strange for this game to come back from the dead and all of this stuff free of charge.
    That's because due to lawsuits, they can't legally sell it so if they want to distribute it, they have to give it away for free.
  • Achilles8249Achilles8249740,633
    Posted on 20 April 20 at 01:12
    ClassierPompano said:
    Achilles8249 said:
    That's because due to lawsuits, they can't legally sell it so if they want to distribute it, they have to give it away for free.
    You missed the point completely.
  • Posted on 20 April 20 at 03:24, Edited on 20 April 20 at 03:26 by ClassierPompano
    Achilles8249 said:
    ClassierPompano said:
    Achilles8249 said:
    No I haven't missed the point at all. In fact I dare say that you have no clue as to what the point you are trying to make is.
    Achilles8249 why would you respond to me using the quote section ?
  • Posted on 27 January 21 at 15:39
    Afro samurai really needs to backwards compatible. I'm dying to play it again
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.