Game Discussion: Rivals of Aether Forum

How hard is to 1000G this game for a good smash player?

AuthorMessage
Valgy
Valgy
Posted on 17 June 19 at 18:56
I was wondering about this. I'm good in smash and play it from 2002. I would like to 1000 this title but I saw 3-4 achievements that seem really hard. Can anyone say to me a little roadmap or somenthing to know? Thank you
TylerKMG
TylerKMG
Posted on 19 June 19 at 13:27
Being one of the few people to complete the game, I'll say this game is an easier completion than most fighting games. A couple of things to look for:

The Ardent Rival achievement (Reach level 10 with all Abyss characters) is not really difficult. Rather, the achievement is more of a grind. The solution for the achievement still works as of the latest patch, so check out the video guide for the achievement for the best way to set up the grind. The same can be said for The Opulent Rival achievement (Earn 100,000 Aether coins).

The two achievements that gave me grief in terms of difficulty are The Endless Abyss achievement (Complete wave 45 of Abyss Mode) and The Swift Rival achievement (Earn a gold medal on the 7 story modes). For The Endless Abyss, once again, the solution for the achievement still works the best in my opinion, so make sure to check that out. You can complete this achievement with any character, but I found that Etalus's runes worked in my favor more than any others. Not to mention, you have to play this mode a lot for The Ardent Rival achievement anyway, so you're probably going to get this achievement on the way to get that one. As for The Swift Rival achievement, the best solution I could find was to find speedruns of each story mode. The enemy A.I. can be manipulated in ways to get short times. One thing to note for this achievement is that each story mode has four or five levels within itself. You do not need to get gold on each individual level; you just need a gold medal when all of the times are added up. For example, you could get a silver on one of the five levels for a character's story mode. However, if the total time across all levels result in a gold, then that will count. If you take a look at the link, you'll see what I mean by that. https://imgur.com/a/T0mYZ7G

The only other achievement that could give you issues is The Lone Rival achievement (Defeat the story mode epilogue without losing a stock). The epilogue is the last story mode that unlocks when all other story modes are completed. I've read about many characters being used to complete this. Personally, I used Orcane's up-air on the final boss. This could take you a few times to complete based on your luck. However, once you unlock the final boss battle, you don't have to play through the rest of the story modes to try again.

Every other achievement shouldn't give you too much trouble. Message me here or on Xbox Live if you're having issues with anything else.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 20 June 19 at 11:21
How long would you estimate the completion time is?
TylerKMG
TylerKMG
Posted on 22 June 19 at 14:29
Probably at least 40 hours. The Ardent Rival and The Opulent Rival are some serious grinds. If I had to give a roadmap, it would look something like this:

Start with the Story mode achievements. While playing each character, try to get their kill-specific achievement. If you can't, you can always set up a match with a level 1 CPU or a second controller. Look at some speedruns for the best methods to get gold times for each character.

Complete 300 matches. You can do this one of two ways: play the matches out normally to chip away at The Opulent Rival or set the match to one stock, run off the stage, and kill yourself. I personally went with the first method, so that took me longer than normal.

Work on the abyss mode. Since I feel that the best way to get The Endless Abyss would be the same method shown in the guide, I would start with Etalus, unlock runes L and N once you get to level 7, and try to hammer out that achievement. The rounds begin to repeat every 15 waves, and each wave is exactly the same (wave 1 will always be the same task every time no matter what).

Grind towards The Ardent Rival and The Opulent Rival. You earn coins based on how much damage you do to your opponents. I am not sure what the exact damage-to-coin ratio is, but it's not that favorable. Since you're spending a good 30-40 hours in this mode alone, you might as well group these two together to make the grind for Th Opulent Rival not as taxing.

One thing to note is that achievement tracking is included in this game, so you're able to check your progress on coins after the match is over. I hope this helps!
outlaw player05
Posted on 28 June 19 at 07:29
You forgot to mention the tutorial achievements, those are also a pain in the neck, especially the advanced offense ending. For completing most of the tutorial is easy, but some parts of tutorial are harder than others. It would be best to say that almost everything in the tutorial won't be used, but is needed for the 100% completion. This will take a while if you fail a lot, I failed more times in advanced tutorial then the other tutorials. (This took me around 2 - 3 hour to finish the last part of the advanced tutorials.)
outlaw player05
Posted on 28 June 19 at 07:45
I just need two more achievement and I have played this game for more than 20 hours. The story modes are hard to complete, but I found some easier to complete than others. An example of one would be Maypul because of the speed that the character has. A hard character to use is Wrastor, he just sucks in general and it's very hard to hit people off the stage with him. The time that you have to beat is only three minutes, and the final boss you have to beat in two minutes. (I saw the video for completing the last mission and Zetterburn is deffinitely one of the best picks to defeat the final boss.)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.