Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Now Available on Xbox One

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 18 June 19 at 10:39
Four years in the making

Please click here to read the story: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Now Available on Xbox One
robthehermit
robthehermit
Posted on 18 June 19 at 10:51
Had a blast on this yesterday. Despite the ill feelings towards 505 Games for making the exclusive backer content available to everyone, I have to admit the game is very good indeed and I can't wait to get back on it later.
Michel
Michel
Posted on 18 June 19 at 11:45, Edited on 18 June 19 at 11:45 by Michel
robthehermit said:
Had a blast on this yesterday. Despite the ill feelings towards 505 Games for making the exclusive backer content available to everyone, I have to admit the game is very good indeed and I can't wait to get back on it later.
Don't defend them, it was still a really shit launch, they waited last moment to send backers their digital codes, they had 4 years of planning
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 18 June 19 at 12:20
Michel said:
robthehermit said:
Don't defend them, it was still a really shit launch, they waited last moment to send backers their digital codes, they had 4 years of planning
Yeah they had some issues with the backer stuff which does suck, but the game has turned out fantastic and that's the important part.
https://www.youtube.com/c/zorlac Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
Michel
Michel
Posted on 18 June 19 at 12:41
Zorlac0666 said:
Michel said:
robthehermit said:
Yeah they had some issues with the backer stuff which does suck, but the game has turned out fantastic and that's the important part.
True there, can't wait to get home and play it, lol
OhMyGoth1
OhMyGoth1
Posted on 18 June 19 at 14:32
I may give this game a try when it goes on sale, but $40 seems steep. I found the first one (curse of the Moon, I think it was called) to be pretty uninspired. I get that it's supposed to be a Castlevania clone, but it really felt like a 30 year old game with no real innovations from the past decades of game development. If I wanted something that was basically Castlevania again, I'd just play Castlevania. Hoping to see something more like a "spiritual successor" than a clone (more than just a different graphical style, at least).
AmyGrrl
AmyGrrl
Posted on 18 June 19 at 15:01
I'm still upset about the loss of the exclusive backer content. Well actually more upset that the Vote was open to the public. The Vote should have been only for the backers. If the majority had Voted to make the content available to everyone then I would have been fine with it. Thinking about it know as compromise. I think backers should get some dlc they can access right away. All non backers can still have access but have to do something difficult in the game to earn it.
robthehermit
robthehermit
Posted on 18 June 19 at 15:58
OhMyGoth1 said:
I may give this game a try when it goes on sale, but $40 seems steep. I found the first one (curse of the Moon, I think it was called) to be pretty uninspired. I get that it's supposed to be a Castlevania clone, but it really felt like a 30 year old game with no real innovations from the past decades of game development. If I wanted something that was basically Castlevania again, I'd just play Castlevania. Hoping to see something more like a "spiritual successor" than a clone (more than just a different graphical style, at least).
Curse of the Moon and Ritual of the Night are very different beasts.

CotM was something they chucked together as a stretch goal, rather than a meaningful game in it's own right. I couldn't get on with at all to be honest. RotN on the other hand is utterly brilliant. Maybe not £35 brilliant, and if I hadn't backed it I would probably also be waiting for a sale (although with Game Pass being as good as it is for most of my gaming needs that's true of pretty much everything).
Mahgin
Mahgin
Posted on 18 June 19 at 16:04
I thought Curse of the Moon was great. Normally don't get into the replaying over and over, but I did with that.

Part of me is leaning towards $40 being too much. But, I bought Aria and Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia at launch, and they were all $30/40. Plus wasn't there a trailer or something talking about how Ritual was going to be the largest Igavania ever?
Azrael008uk
Azrael008uk
Posted on 18 June 19 at 20:13
Fantastic that this got a kickstart to get going.

What honest gamer would want to keep elements of the game away from everyone else?

If you feel that way you're not a real gamer. You're just a selfish jerk.

I get that you wanted to feel special and they should have done something to help you feel special, but I'm glad that wasn't keeping part of the game out of the hands of fans, many of whom, because they don't live in an internet bubble, were never even aware that the Kickstarter stuff was a thing.

Brilliant game. Really enjoying it. So much to explore. So many weapons. Absolutely brilliant controls.

We got an absolutely fantastic game and that's what any gamer should be wanting.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 18 June 19 at 21:42
Azrael008uk said:

What honest gamer would want to keep elements of the game away from everyone else?

I get that you wanted to feel special and they should have done something to help you feel special, but I'm glad that wasn't keeping part of the game out of the hands of fans, many of whom, because they don't live in an internet bubble, were never even aware that the Kickstarter stuff was a thing.

Brilliant game. Really enjoying it. So much to explore. So many weapons. Absolutely brilliant controls.

We got an absolutely fantastic game and that's what any gamer should be wanting.
This confused me. Were you ranting or praising?
https://www.youtube.com/c/zorlac Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 19 June 19 at 15:26
I think he is praising the devs for not giving out exclusive backer content.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
robthehermit
robthehermit
Posted on 19 June 19 at 16:37
Azrael008uk said:
If it means that the game wouldn't have otherwise been made, then yes it is.

Azrael008uk said:

It has absolutely nothing to with being an honest gamer a real gamer or indeed a selfish jerk. It's to do with being charged $60 for a $40 game on the promise of exclusive content that you couldn't get anywhere else, which was really the only backer reward of any value to "real gamers" as you like to call them. If people had known at the time that the "exclusive" content would be available to anyone who wants it then a lot of people would have backed at the $28 level and just paid the extra $10 for the DLC and saved themselves $22.

Azrael008uk said:

Yes it is brilliant, can't argue with that one.
ORB1T4L
ORB1T4L
Posted on 19 June 19 at 18:43
Hey everyone,

Any idea if the cheatcodes you can enter as a character name void Achievements ? Some of them sound pretty funny but yeah, I still want my Chievos smile

Thanks
Bleed Green
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.