Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Fallout 76 Really Needs to Get In Xbox Game Pass

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 18 June 19 at 13:04
Like, yesterday

Please click here to read the story: Fallout 76 Really Needs to Get In Xbox Game Pass
xxxxPRODIGYxxxx
Posted on 18 June 19 at 13:08
I agree. I believe this will happen one day.
TheGearGuardian
Posted on 18 June 19 at 13:09
Completely agree. If was gamepass after all its bad press I'd at least give it a try.
My TA Interview - http://www.trueachievements.com/n24525/ta-community-interview-thegearguardian.htm
Gerbasgamer
Gerbasgamer
Posted on 18 June 19 at 13:15
I have no doubt this will be added soon. Maybe during Gamescom?
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 18 June 19 at 13:20
Have zero interest in playing the game, but yes, Gamepass is the obvious route for this.

It gives people the chance to try it and offer feedback, even if they play on a different tag.
"I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
Ludio Nomen
Ludio Nomen
Posted on 18 June 19 at 13:23, Edited on 18 June 19 at 13:24 by Ludio Nomen
In the UK it can be picked up for as little as £4.99 in some places, maybe they're waiting for as much of this stock as possible to steadily trickle away before announcing something like this?
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 18 June 19 at 13:24
I have a feeling this will happen, after all The Elder Scrolls Online is in Game Pass. But I expect Bethesda wants to make enough improvements to feel like they have the right game out there first, and it probably won't happen until next year sometime. If they can make enough improvements to it to the degree that the inevitable "Fallout 76: Year One Update" articles are positive, that's another holiday season of sales for them, and then they can through it on Game Pass in 2020 as they are gearing more up for whatever their next RPG game is.
PURESSENCE
PURESSENCE
Posted on 18 June 19 at 13:31
I bought it for £8 off Ebay and it's not even worth that.
Too much work, not enough games
Proud Azrael
Proud Azrael
Posted on 18 June 19 at 13:32
You'd have to pay me an awful lot to want to play 76, everything I've seen of it, it's just a massive sh*tshow, no thanks!
How now, ground cow?
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 18 June 19 at 13:35
Neko Ranma said:
In the UK it can be picked up for as little as £4.99 in some places, maybe they're waiting for this stocks to steadily trickle away before announcing something like this?
As I alluded to, I think it might have been too controversial a thing to advertise at E3. This might be something that slips in with minimal fan fare over the summer.

It certainly won't be this month, while they get some sales from the free weekend, but I hope it turns up in the next couple of months.
IXI FalcoN
IXI FalcoN
Posted on 18 June 19 at 13:37
It was very disheartening to see people cheering when Todd Howard announced bold new ideas for the latest Fallout game like NPCs, dialogues, and fleshed out story quests with choices. It's a Fallout game FFS, these are things that should have been there day 1!

This "release broken/unfinished game then fix/finish it over the next year disguised as support/content/road map" routine is ridiculous and shouldn't be tolerated by gamers. Bethesda, Rare, Bioware, etc. shouldn't be scoring points with anyone for selling you what is essentially a $60 beta while they spend another year getting the game to an acceptable quality. I understand games aren't a one and done experience anymore and that post-launch content is expected, but if you can't deliver a complete working product on launch day you need to either delay your game or make it F2P. Don't buy games that do this nonsense; there are more good games out there than there is time to play them. Have some standards.

Anyways, as to the topic at hand here: I expect 76 will hit Gamepass when the rest of this year's major content updates are released the game is finished in a few months. These live service games are all about getting as many players into the ecosystem as possible.
Tendoman77
Tendoman77
Posted on 18 June 19 at 13:53
IXI FalcoN said:
It was very disheartening to see people cheering when Todd Howard announced bold new ideas for the latest Fallout game like NPCs, dialogues, and fleshed out story quests with choices. It's a Fallout game FFS, these are things that should have been there day 1!

This "release broken/unfinished game then fix/finish it over the next year disguised as support/content/road map" routine is ridiculous and shouldn't be tolerated by gamers. Bethesda, Rare, Bioware, etc. shouldn't be scoring points with anyone for selling you what is essentially a $60 beta while they spend another year getting the game to an acceptable quality. I understand games aren't a one and done experience anymore and that post-launch content is expected, but if you can't deliver a complete working product on launch day you need to either delay your game or make it F2P. Don't buy games that do this nonsense; there are more good games out there than there is time to play them. Have some standards.

Anyways, as to the topic at hand here: I expect 76 will hit Gamepass when the rest of this year's major content updates are released the game is finished in a few months. These live service games are all about getting as many players into the ecosystem as possible.
Hasn't it been reported that those cheering people may be plants though? Possibly Bethesda staff members.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 18 June 19 at 13:59
If they add it I still won't play it best thing they can do is close the rubbish game down and sack all the morons who made it.
Goggs25
EazyE2285
EazyE2285
Posted on 18 June 19 at 14:03
Probably still wouldn't play but always welcome more games on the program
OldSchoolHeel
Posted on 18 June 19 at 14:07
I tried it during the free trial after giving up on it during the beta. The game ran smoother, but it’s still riddled with bugs and a soulless experience.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 18 June 19 at 14:42
Tendoman77 said:
IXI FalcoN said:

Hasn't it been reported that those cheering people may be plants though? Possibly Bethesda staff members.
I haven’t seen one credible person say this.
FleshMechanicCZ
Posted on 18 June 19 at 15:13
After trying it out during the free week, I think it's a game that would actually be fun with a bunch of friends, just to casually screw around the wasteland. It might've been more broken on day one, and I'd hate to be a person who paid full price for it, but from what I've seen, it's exactly what they announced it to be - Fallout but online. Definitely not deserving the amount of hate it gets, like it's some 21st century disaster. I've played way worse games.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 18 June 19 at 15:22
You make a lot of good points, I think this would do well in gamepass too. There’s no deny the increase from outside the top 40 to 15th most played game shows there definitely is some interest from people.

Another game that should be added to gamepass is Mass Effect Andromeda. Rough launch but a very fun game, people really blew things out of proportion.
I NVIII I
I NVIII I
Posted on 18 June 19 at 15:26
I could see a very small increase if it was added to GP, I think at this point it is too tainted and personally I wouldn't touch this turd with a 10 foot pole.
XGN AlexLol
XGN AlexLol
Posted on 18 June 19 at 15:30
Was shocked I haven’t seen it added to game pass. Even more shocked about the price they’re still charging
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.