Game Discussion: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Forum

Booted back to dashboard?

AuthorMessage
Dark CEPM 42
Dark CEPM 42
Posted on 18 June 19 at 23:06
I noticed while playing the game that sometimes when you go through a doorway (more often bin Arvantville) that I am suddenly back on the Xbox dashboard.
Does anyone else have this issue?
Squ4rex
Squ4rex
Posted on 18 June 19 at 23:40
Being booted back to the dashboard means that the game hit a crash in its code, so the console is sending you back to the last running process (the Dashboard). This is common in other games as well which have the same behavior.

If the game crash is not in its own process code and instead crashes in the system/OS code, that's when you get the terrible crash that causes the audio to go bad and the entire system to shut off.
Dark CEPM 42
Dark CEPM 42
Posted on 19 June 19 at 00:07
The thing is the boot back to dashboard seems seamless. As in, no bad audio, no freezing, just boom-dashboard.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 19 June 19 at 00:26
Yep, that's called a crash! Happens in a lot of xbox one games.

Some games silently load you to the dashboard during a loading screen. Some games you're racing your car through city streets and then BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR then back to dashboard.

Ain't technology grand?
FireRaiser1985
Posted on 19 June 19 at 08:18
Dark CEPM 42 said:
I noticed while playing the game that sometimes when you go through a doorway (more often bin Arvantville) that I am suddenly back on the Xbox dashboard.
Does anyone else have this issue?
Xbox One or Xbox One X?
Dark CEPM 42
Dark CEPM 42
Posted on 20 June 19 at 12:55
Xbox one.
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 21 June 19 at 00:50, Edited on 21 June 19 at 00:52 by iMaginaryy
Yeah, as others have said, this is a common problem in games on multiple platforms, but fairly common in bigger Xbox One games. It's a bit the console and the game.

Squ4rex really couldn't have given a better answer.

(except that there's a middle ground - the most common really - where there's audio BRRR but goes to dashboard, not system crash - as Paralyzer said)

If it's fixable, they'll likely fix it in one of the upcoming patches at some point.
Fear is the mindkiller.
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 25 June 19 at 07:06, Edited on 25 June 19 at 07:06 by iMaginaryy
Just noting in addition that I've had it crash a number of times when using the stores and crafting as well, so if you're doing a whole bunch of that at once be sure to save a few times unless you want to start all over and try to remember what you have or haven't done.
Fear is the mindkiller.
Zashule 1765
Zashule 1765
Posted on 30 June 19 at 05:20
Yup. Shoulda saved during my crafting session. Made a rice ball that sent me to the dashboard...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.