Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Surge (Win 10) Has Been Updated To Include Achievements

• kintariskintaris322,527
  • YODA12320YODA123201,927,761
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 14:14
    Ya dlc costs ftl.
    Regards;Yoda12320
  • LordMakanakiLordMakanaki2,381,543
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 14:15
    I would stack this provided achievement unlock properly on win 10.
  • Corrupt XBACorrupt XBA2,736,859
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 14:24
    Sigh. Just when my download queue was nearing cleared...
  • Sigmar BlessSigmar Bless1,343,511
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 14:33
    want to play this again, not keen on having to rebuy the dlc though
  • YODA12320YODA123201,927,761
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 14:36
    LordMakanaki said:
    why wouldnt they..
    Regards;Yoda12320
  • Posted on 19 June 19 at 14:50
    This is very good news. This means that it is likely that in other games they can add achievements where there are none. I hope that over time they will appear in all added games.
  • Tully123Tully123727,530
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 15:07
    As mentioned in the previous Game Pass article, Microsoft just wanted to make it as easy as possible for developers to get onto the service, without jumping through the hoops of adding Xbox Live support. I'd imagine over time many of the games will be updated, which is fine; there's so much to play at the moment.

I will eventually get to this game, although I think I will tackle Prey first. It's definitely a good time to be a PC gamer who likes Xbox achievements.
  • NutriWhipNutriWhip2,795,199
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 15:15
    I just wish I could install half the games I want to play. I continue to get an 80070005 error almost two weeks later when attempting to install. No amount of troubleshooting and workarounds has fixed it. Short of a Windows 10 reinstall (not happening), I don't think it'll ever be fixed.
  • kintariskintaris322,527
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 15:22
    NutriWhip said:
    I just wish I could install half the games I want to play. I continue to get an 80070005 error almost two weeks later when attempting to install. No amount of troubleshooting and workarounds has fixed it. Short of a Windows 10 reinstall (not happening), I don't think it'll ever be fixed.
    I got around that error eventually by force installing the very latest Windows 10 update (one that had not come through the on-board Windows Update tool). Have you already taken that step?
  • Matton ChopsMatton Chops257,100
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 15:22
    Unfortunately a fresh install of Windows 10 is what Microsoft calls the "easy fix".
  • segagamersegagamer539,140 539,140 GamerScore
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 15:24
    I hope all GamePass PC games get updated to included achievements.
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,001,165
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 15:41
    segagamer said:
    I hope all GamePass PC games get updated to included achievements.
    I hope so too. I'd end up playing a lot more games on there.
  • Tully123Tully123727,530
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 15:45
    NutriWhip said:
    If you're willing, try this:

Decouple your Microsoft account from your current account. To do this, type "Manage your account" in the search bar and then select "Sign in with a local account instead". From there, create a new account and attach your Microsoft account to it. You will more than likely find that the downloads now work in this new account. A lot of problems with the store are due to account permission errors/DRM being tripped in some way.

You can simply decouple then immediately add it back as a MS account and see if that refreshes your permissions. Otherwise, what I said above should work (though I understand it is not ideal).

I have dealt with many Windows Store related errors over the years, even going as far as to reinstall (which always fixes it) but the above is the simplest way.
  • Posted on 19 June 19 at 16:26
    easy money from dlc. Clever
  • LordMakanakiLordMakanaki2,381,543
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 16:48
    YODA12320 said:
    LordMakanaki said:
    why wouldn't they..
    Some of the new game pass pc games have unobtainable achievements or have problems with achievements not unlocking.
  • Astral ArrayAstral Array567,079
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 16:52
    They should add achievements on all Win10 games.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,157,741
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 18:32
    Arcturus Being said:
    They should add achievements on all Win10 games.
    Their goal is to have XBL functionality for as many of the Game Pass games as possible, they just aren't forcing it because that's a surefire way of limiting the amount of games you could have on the PC for Game Pass subscription.
  • NutriWhipNutriWhip2,795,199
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 20:11, Edited on 19 June 19 at 20:53 by NutriWhip
    kintaris said:
    I got around that error eventually by force installing the very latest Windows 10 update (one that had not come through the on-board Windows Update tool). Have you already taken that step?
    Yes, I'm fully updated on 1903.

Tully123 said:
    If you're willing, try this:

Decouple your Microsoft account from your current account. To do this, type "Manage your account" in the search bar and then select "Sign in with a local account instead". From there, create a new account and attach your Microsoft account to it. You will more than likely find that the downloads now work in this new account. A lot of problems with the store are due to account permission errors/DRM being tripped in some way.

You can simply decouple then immediately add it back as a MS account and see if that refreshes your permissions. Otherwise, what I said above should work (though I understand it is not ideal).

I have dealt with many Windows Store related errors over the years, even going as far as to reinstall (which always fixes it) but the above is the simplest way.
    This is what I was looking for earlier. I had to do this in the past to fix a similar problem on Win 8 but I couldn't remember the exact steps. This should work. I'll try it out and report back.

Edit: Well, it didn't work. I tried both a new account attached to my MS account and also reattaching my MS account after removing it. Neither worked. So annoyed.
  • F TANKF TANK988,276
    Posted on 20 June 19 at 05:08
    Figures they bork another rollout of Xbox on PC again. I had Prey and Wolfenstein work once I updated Windows. I couldnt get Metro running without some weird issue and now has a problem updating and cant download Surge. Havent tried the other games.
    Maybe we'll get another update to fix this but its getting out of hand. I had to start an all new profile to get my games working shortly after Windows 10 only to get Teredo issues for almost 2 years. I cant even update Windows without all my stored passwords, CC numbers, etc. getting mish-mashed in all the wrong sites/fields...every time.
    C'mon MS- worry less about political statements and get your freaking shit together, bozos
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.