Community Events Forum

GTASC 2019 - Discussion

AuthorMessage
planting42
planting42
Posted on 19 June 19 at 23:03, Edited on 20 June 19 at 01:15 by planting42
At the start of the contest, we snapshot your TA Score, Gamerscore and Achievement counts. At the period roll we snapshot it again. Here's the math to determine the score:
TA score at start of contest - TA score at period roll = TA change
Gamerscore at start of contest - Gamerscore at period roll = Gamerscore change.
TA difference is TA - GS so we then do that math (the TA change - the GS change)
This gives us the score for the period.

As the event takes these snapshots each period roll, all it does is compare the starting to the ending data to determine score. That means that its not just the achievements you unlock during the period that contribute to your score. As its still TA based, all your achievement score changes will play a part. Decay is harder to combat when you can't drop a Ratalaika though. If you have to overcome a 500 point deficit, it will take much more effort to dig yourself out of that hole. There's only so much Minecraft wink
Mental Knight 5
Posted on 20 June 19 at 00:47, Edited on 29 June 19 at 23:04 by Mental Knight 5
Unreasonably psyched for this. Like I said last year, I wanted to give it all I had and leave it behind. If this had started in January, I'd be out. If it was TA score, I'd be out. But dammit planting, the combo of the 6-month break and intriguing new scoring was just enough. Now it's all I've been able to think about for the past month. Yeah I'm single, why do you ask?

TA Difference is a fair change and more in the "gamer spirit." You gotta work for it a little bit. The hardcore will remain unchanged, and it just wipes away some of the cheese factor from people like me. TheJuggyExp and I are looking for a teammate with sights set around Top 100 150 200 225 250.
Redd Five
Redd Five
Posted on 20 June 19 at 01:22, Edited on 22 June 19 at 18:50 by Redd Five
Excited to get started on this!

Looking for one more teammate dedicated to earning every bonus that becomes available. Sights set on top-25. We're seriously casual, but hate to lose! 21+ only, but the older the better!

EDIT: Team is full. Let's get it on!
Inferno118
Inferno118
Posted on 20 June 19 at 01:54
Haha gotta love mental knights posts laugh. Good luck to everybody, I’ll see y’all on the other side!
Krazie
Krazie
Posted on 20 June 19 at 02:02
Acedawg4 and myself are looking for a third still. At least top 20 (usually top 10) five years running. We'll see if we got the chops for the new rules, but if interested hit me up here or on Xbox.
JimbotUK
JimbotUK
Posted on 20 June 19 at 03:54
Woooo GTASC hype!! toast

Quick question shouldn’t overachiever badge be highest TA difference and not highest TA with this format? Otherwise there is a lot of spamming gamerscore if you have a chance to get the badge.

No stacking badges though, happy days!!
A Dreadful Shot
Posted on 20 June 19 at 04:04
Anyone want to team up? Not worried about placing high, just don’t want to be paired with someone who doesn’t do much. Curious to see how far I could get.
Best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. Second best time is today.
The Lord Peanut
Posted on 20 June 19 at 12:22
I too am looking for a team. Would definitely like to find a team that will communicate and have fun with it. None of my regular Xbox friends are into hunting achievements lately.
Float like a walrus, spit like a camel.
gccboy
gccboy
Posted on 20 June 19 at 12:37
Looking for a team as well! Currently on a 500+ day achievement streak and I have almost 700 games in my backlog. I also work at home so can always jump on to help if we’re behind!
Matt Kilmer
outlaw player05
Posted on 20 June 19 at 13:34
I also am looking for a team and hunt achievements regularly.
Shadow of Words
Posted on 20 June 19 at 15:55
Hi Everyone, this is my first contest on TA and would like to see if there are any other hunters that need another team mate to help with the hunt.

I am on for the most part on evenings and weekends EST. Feel free to send me a message on xbox live or TA.

Happy Hunting to all!
WorKev
WorKev
Posted on 20 June 19 at 16:42
I’m new to this event but wanted to give it a try, if anyone wants to team up let me know wave
eayragt
eayragt
Posted on 20 June 19 at 18:16
This'll be an interesting watch.
Say everything with a smile
P love 44
P love 44
Posted on 20 June 19 at 21:02
Looking for 1 more teammate. Message me if you are interested.
MaseJ
MaseJ
Posted on 20 June 19 at 22:33
Prepared to be roasted ...

Is it possible to de-register & remove myself from Team contest. Too eager to sign up before realising I cannot commit to team portion. Do not want to be put into a team and be detrimental towards their progress.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 20 June 19 at 23:26
MaseJ said:
Prepared to be roasted ...

Is it possible to de-register & remove myself from Team contest. Too eager to sign up before realising I cannot commit to team portion. Do not want to be put into a team and be detrimental towards their progress.
I removed you from the unallocated players 'team' which is what is used to create the random teams. That *should* prevent you from being added to a team but I can't guarantee that. Only a dev can unregister a person.
ALollz
ALollz
Posted on 20 June 19 at 23:38
Super excited to see it based on the TA difference. No more easy 1K completions to pad the scores. :D
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 21 June 19 at 00:27
I've got the team ready, haven't played for a few years (2015 I think?). Made it to the quarter finals for the teams that year and the semi for the individual. Don't have the time I used to have then, but we'll see how we go!
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Enflame Hydra
Enflame Hydra
Posted on 21 June 19 at 01:12
Still looking for a team.
Got Gamepass and quite a bid of free time(go to university)
If u need a third hit me up lets go for top 100
Dalton RSCA
Dalton RSCA
Posted on 21 June 19 at 02:28
Need 2 more teammates, have a lot of games and enter gtasc every year
Message me if you want too join my team
No pressure, just for fun, lets do this
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.