Community Events Forum

GTASC 2019 - Discussion

AuthorMessage
WithTheDawn
WithTheDawn
Posted on 11 July 19 at 21:33
So around 200 people knocked out week one and a similar number for week 2. I assume it is percentage based or something? Does anyone far smarter than me have an indication of how many people will be able to survive past week 10? Be good to see what I should be aiming for.
Catmajik101
Catmajik101
Posted on 11 July 19 at 21:54
planting42 said:
Elyoh said:
planting42 said:
Elyoh said:
2248 entrants, so what will the weekly cut-off be?
Solo side will cut 10% of the active field per period. I'll figure out teams once the remainder have been created.
Thanks for the info. Doing quick maths on that, it's quite brutal. Only about 35% of people will qualify for the community badge (Assuming I understood correctly).
...and a far smaller percentage has read either the rules OR the FAQ shock I expect some mayhem at the first elimination when folks realize this isn't TA score anymore.

Also, to correct your math, you are looking at overall registrants. The number who entered the Solo side is 2108. That will leave 817 at the start of the 10th period (or so).
From page 6 of this thread.
Slayer Reigning
Slayer Reigning
Posted on 11 July 19 at 22:35
WithTheDawn said:
So around 200 people knocked out week one and a similar number for week 2. I assume it is percentage based or something? Does anyone far smarter than me have an indication of how many people will be able to survive past week 10? Be good to see what I should be aiming for.
Gotta last through those 10 weeks. Get that sweet Community Challenge badge up. Keep it perfected. Not many of us left now.
Daedski
Daedski
Posted on 11 July 19 at 23:42
I should hopefully be able to hang in there for my badge to keep the perfect streak alive for them. It looks like the cutoff is going to be quite low for the first few weeks, so I should just be able to play as normal for a while, and save some of the higher ratio GamePass/GwG entries for later weeks. I really want to play the final DLC for AC:Odyssey when it comes out next week, but got to be wary of that decay!

Only problem is during Week 8 I'll be spending most of the week away in Edinburgh to catch some Fringe shows so hoping to bank some bonuses between now and then that I can use in case of emergency.
rekikire
rekikire
Posted on 12 July 19 at 01:48
Daedski said:
It looks like the cutoff is going to be quite low for the first few weeks
I'm anticipating that this week it'll be between 150 and 200 for the cutoff.
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 12 July 19 at 02:09
Can anyone link me to the various bonuses, if there is any? I know in previous years for example, the team who finished top could get a bonus, or some stuff like that.

Can’t find any info to see if there is any regular weekly bonuses up for grabs.
Oriole2682
Oriole2682
Posted on 12 July 19 at 03:17
At the very top of this page click Forum then read the Rules and FAQ its in one of those
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 12 July 19 at 03:38
Or click this spoiler if you're lazy.

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 12 July 19 at 04:36
WithTheDawn said:
I was actually wondering the same thing. Any ideas guys?
Matthew
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 12 July 19 at 04:45
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
WithTheDawn said:
the answer is literally in the comment, below the one you quoted....
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 12 July 19 at 08:15
TheMaize said:
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
WithTheDawn said:
the answer is literally in the comment, below the one you quoted....
Ah facepalm missed that. Thanks man! toast
Matthew
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 12 July 19 at 09:58
Daedski said:
I should hopefully be able to hang in there for my badge to keep the perfect streak alive for them. It looks like the cutoff is going to be quite low for the first few weeks, so I should just be able to play as normal for a while, and save some of the higher ratio GamePass/GwG entries for later weeks. I really want to play the final DLC for AC:Odyssey when it comes out next week, but got to be wary of that decay!

Only problem is during Week 8 I'll be spending most of the week away in Edinburgh to catch some Fringe shows so hoping to bank some bonuses between now and then that I can use in case of emergency.
I am in a similar boat (just realized this was an unintentional pun, as I am going on a cruise).

I believe I have to leave on Tuesday of week 10. I don’t really like doing the preload stuff, but I will probably have to unlock preloads on Monday and use any bonuses I have accumulated.

I am sure there will be WiFi (win 10 and WP), but I don’t plan on gaming during the trip.

Got to keep that badge streak alive!
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 12 July 19 at 10:56
What happens when we get score from this: - Decay? Will it be ratio go-upity Decay? What about when it starts to fall again? We all now know that Decay decay = ratio go-upity. So confoosing :/
Play nice!
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 12 July 19 at 13:34
Elyoh said:

Thanks!

I actually meant though, was there a bonus every week for the team that finishes top etc? Are there any bonuses that aren't for everyone, but only one team can win.
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 12 July 19 at 13:56, Edited on 12 July 19 at 13:58 by iMaginaryy
Lavindathar said:
Elyoh said:

Thanks!

I actually meant though, was there a bonus every week for the team that finishes top etc? Are there any bonuses that aren't for everyone, but only one team can win.
Those are badges and they are as follows:

( from the FAQ )
Fear is the mindkiller.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 12 July 19 at 14:16
Beanpotter said:
What happens when we get score from this: - Decay? Will it be ratio go-upity Decay? What about when it starts to fall again? We all now know that Decay decay = ratio go-upity. So confoosing :/
I expect first negative decay as its ratio-goes-upity until it reaches its ideal zenith, then a gradual ever so slow decline of decay as Decay decays.
LiquidAg
LiquidAg
Posted on 12 July 19 at 14:45
planting42 said:
Beanpotter said:
I expect first negative decay as its ratio-goes-upity until it reaches its ideal zenith, then a gradual ever so slow decline of decay as Decay decays.
I love seeing fellow word-play rabbit-hole delvers, like this. My wife gets confused and annoyed when I do it in real life.
"I have a bad feeling about this..."
creeping monte
Posted on 12 July 19 at 15:56
For this Keep it Clean challenge, is it any players gamerscore? All 0layers gamerscore? Total for the week? Just what am I supposed to accomplish here?
creeping monte i dont see how you isolated the starting letter
FutureRapier226
Posted on 12 July 19 at 16:01, Edited on 12 July 19 at 16:06 by FutureRapier226
creeping monte said:
For this Keep it Clean challenge, is it any players gamerscore? All 0layers gamerscore? Total for the week? Just what am I supposed to accomplish here?
Keeping it Clean - End the scoring period with a Gamerscore evenly divisible by 1000

This refers to the team's score and not the individual scores of the teammates.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 12 July 19 at 16:28
creeping monte said:
Read the PM I sent?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.