Community Events Forum

GTASC 2019 - Discussion

AuthorMessage
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 13 August 19 at 05:15
TheMaize said:
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
So I have an issue and not sure where to ask about this, though it is relevant. I just scanned a few times and for some reason my last 4 achievements won’t scan in. They were done about 4 hours ago. Oddly enough my gamerscore matches that of my score here. I don’t know which one is wrong. But any ideas what’s going on? Yes I am and have been signed into Xbox live. Any help would be greatly appreciated! toast
what game? and what achievements?
I’m currently play NFS payback, the last one it scanned was DOES NOT OBEY. The four I received shortly after that are Comeback is real, udo Roth,la catrina, and we got this.

Sorry I don’t know how you guys link the cheevos in the forums.
Matthew
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 13 August 19 at 05:19, Edited on 13 August 19 at 05:21 by TheMaize
Just give it some time..might be a temporary scanner or MS issue...

You can always try to go to the gamepage and do a forced scan...I see you haven't made a manual scan since the scanners picked up the other two

The scanner also doesn't scan for achievements if there is no change in GS or TA..so if the scanner due to some random reason scanned your correct GS but didn't catch the achievements. They should get scanned if you just unlock another achievement in the game and do a forced scan
planting42
planting42
Posted on 13 August 19 at 05:20, Edited on 13 August 19 at 05:22 by planting42
Looking at your Xbox page tells me you must have been hit with the disappearing GS bug or something - loads of games show 0GS. If its not there, TA can't scan it.
https://imgur.com/biqt8AF
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 13 August 19 at 05:21
TheMaize said:
Just give it some time..might be a temporary scanner or MS issue...

You can always try to go to the gamepage and do a forced scan...I see you haven't made a manual scan since the scanners picked up the other two
That what I had done a few times. Weird, until you mentioned it, I don’t see that I scanned even though the prompt came up saying I just had scanned.
Matthew
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 13 August 19 at 05:23
planting42 said:
Looking at your Xbox page tells me you must have been hit with the disappearing GS bug or something - loads of games show 0GS. If its not there, TA can't scan it.
Wait what?! I just forced scanned and my score went up on page, but no achievements are showing. I have no idea what your talking about, should I be worried?
Matthew
Mental Knight 5
Posted on 13 August 19 at 05:22
RandomlyEvasive said:
Should we change the name and tagline of the site [...] Never much liked "Just How Good Are You?"
Iknowright? I absolutely love my hoodie and displaying my TA pride, but I hate wearing that tagline and it doesn't match the reason most of us come here, or the types of fun we have here.
On a serious note, I'm dreading the run of difficult bonuses that are left after we get these last few week's ones out of the way!
Lol. That is a good and scary point. None of the 5 "Double" or "1.5x" bonuses yet, no Top 25%. And imagine if 3000 Diff came up this week instead of 2000 GS. "Hmm, waste 2500 Diff to get a 500 bonus? Don't mind if I do!" - Completionists like me cry
Bk LuCKY ChaRMS
Posted on 13 August 19 at 08:29
TheMaize said:
Bk LuCKY ChaRMS said:
Just a quick question about the bonus last week so my other 2 teammates had met the requirements for the bonus other then me with about 10 hours left I decided to do hydro thunder go on my wp for the achievement about earning a bronze trophy in every race which is stackable I got it with about 8 hours left to go I scanned and it wouldn't synch to my profile tried a couple of other times then gave up well this afternoon I ended up resetting my phone and it finally synched to my profile with the rest of the wp achievements I earned and it has the timestamp of when I unlocked them which was within the bonus will our team still earn the bonus
it doesnt count if it didnt get scanned on to the site before the end of the period...
Timestamps doesnt matter..and especially not WP ones, as they just follow whatever time you set your phone to.
Thanks didnt even know that about the timestamp thing lesson learned dont use your wp for gtasc stuff lol
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 13 August 19 at 08:37, Edited on 13 August 19 at 08:38 by TheMaize
Bk LuCKY ChaRMS said:
TheMaize said:
Bk LuCKY ChaRMS said:
Just a quick question about the bonus last week so my other 2 teammates had met the requirements for the bonus other then me with about 10 hours left I decided to do hydro thunder go on my wp for the achievement about earning a bronze trophy in every race which is stackable I got it with about 8 hours left to go I scanned and it wouldn't synch to my profile tried a couple of other times then gave up well this afternoon I ended up resetting my phone and it finally synched to my profile with the rest of the wp achievements I earned and it has the timestamp of when I unlocked them which was within the bonus will our team still earn the bonus
it doesnt count if it didnt get scanned on to the site before the end of the period...
Timestamps doesnt matter..and especially not WP ones, as they just follow whatever time you set your phone to.
Thanks didnt even know that about the timestamp thing lesson learned dont use your wp for gtasc stuff lol
Oh.. WP phone achievements still work for GTASC. It's only achievements without ANY timestamp that doesn't count.
But the achievements count for the period they are scanned in, no matter what the timestamp says...
So your WP phone achievement should still count in this week. But not in the last one, where the bonus was active.

Was just explaining that a timestamp from a WP is hardly a proof of anything, as they can be changed to whatever you want
DANIELJJ14
DANIELJJ14
Posted on 13 August 19 at 12:56
TheMaize said:
Bk LuCKY ChaRMS said:
TheMaize said:
Bk LuCKY ChaRMS said:
Oh.. WP phone achievements still work for GTASC. It's only achievements without ANY timestamp that doesn't count.
But the achievements count for the period they are scanned in, no matter what the timestamp says...
So your WP phone achievement should still count in this week. But not in the last one, where the bonus was active.

Was just explaining that a timestamp from a WP is hardly a proof of anything, as they can be changed to whatever you want
As far as I understand with bonuses like these that relate to specific achievement unlocks Planting can only work off of time stamps and so anything time stamped for period six will be recognised, regardless of which period the points were scanned into.

However with bonuses that rely on leaderboard stats that’s when time stamps are no longer relevant and it’s just whatever score is scanned in during the specific period window.
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 13 August 19 at 14:10
I want to start up The Bard's Tale Trilogy so bad, but I'm worried about what playing a new release will do to my go uppity/decay for the coming weeks of GTASC. It'd probably be smart to hold off until Period 9, but it's such a bummer!
ALollz
ALollz
Posted on 13 August 19 at 14:19
Woo first few weeks with an inflated TA difference. Lucky because I don't have too much time to game this week.
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 13 August 19 at 17:04
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
planting42 said:
Wait what?! I just forced scanned and my score went up on page, but no achievements are showing. I have no idea what your talking about, should I be worried?
There's a complicated bug where people lose anywhere from a few thousand gamerscore to several hundred thousand gamerscore temporarily. It has to do with something MS server side, nothing you or TA can do to fix it so far. In every case pretty much everyone has seen, the gamerscore does return though. So there's nothing you can do but wait unfortunately, if that is what occurred. Advice: just brush it off probably and work on other games that will register new achievements earned. (i think any game that shows 0 GS will not register new achievements). Usually it's fixed within 72 hr from what I've heard.
Fear is the mindkiller.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 13 August 19 at 17:15
iMaginaryy said:
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
planting42 said:
There's a complicated bug where people lose anywhere from a few thousand gamerscore to several hundred thousand gamerscore temporarily. It has to do with something MS server side, nothing you or TA can do to fix it so far. In every case pretty much everyone has seen, the gamerscore does return though. So there's nothing you can do but wait unfortunately, if that is what occurred. Advice: just brush it off probably and work on other games that will register new achievements earned. (i think any game that shows 0 GS will not register new achievements). Usually it's fixed within 72 hr from what I've heard.
So yea, all my games show 0 gamerscore outside of a 360 title oddly enough. I wasnt loosing gamerscore, as it was/will grow with each cheevo but they then dont register as won, if that makes any sense.
It seems to be very fickle at the moment lol if i click on the actual game it takes a while to load but shows earned cheevos and then when i back out all games go back to normal then after awhile it seems to revert back. Madness i tell ya! Just hope i can keep streak alive and stay in the tourney.
Matthew
planting42
planting42
Posted on 13 August 19 at 20:21
The Stackable bonus of splendiferous Stacking has been calculated and here's the winners!
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
5 teams completed the requirements but unfortunately didn't survive elimination: To be awarded shortly.
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 13 August 19 at 21:09
Whew that's a lot of bonuses.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 13 August 19 at 22:56
All bonuses have been awarded.
Vandel Buster
Vandel Buster
Posted on 13 August 19 at 23:38
Ahayzo said:
Vandel Buster said:
planting42 said:
Its the new period already and that means a new task for the event participants. This period is for the Solo side... and the task is as follows:

Cheesing It
End the scoring period having unlocked at least 2,000GS

That's it, whether it be easy gamerscore or solid points... get 2K fresh gamerscore on the boards to earn the next bonus!

A reminder the previous bonus takes some time to process. Please be patient.
I might actually be able to earn a bonus this week. Maybe. Time and job permitting...and the contest on TrueTrophies permitting.
Didn't even realize it was happening over there. Way back when, Planting mentioned not wanting to do it due to the ability to hide and unhide individual games and DLC which is obviously a problem. Was there actually a workaround found for that or is that just a glaring issue in the contest?
I don't think anyone has mentioned it and I didn't even know that fact. So who knows. :/

There's only about 260 participants and the ones eliminated from Week 1 didn't seem to participate at all. I think one did, but decay hit them hard with a -334 or so IIRC.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 14 August 19 at 18:45
TA Score changes tab was suggested a long time ago.
rekikire
rekikire
Posted on 14 August 19 at 19:20
So who killed the thread? it's too darned quiet in here. Going to have to drag myself away from Elite Dangerous for a few hours this week to get the 2000 gamerscore required. Might hit up Tacoma for part of it for the Xbox Rewards free points for playing an id@xbox game. Probably Virginia for the rest.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 14 August 19 at 21:56
rekikire said:
So who killed the thread? it's too darned quiet in here. Going to have to drag myself away from Elite Dangerous for a few hours this week to get the 2000 gamerscore required. Might hit up Tacoma for part of it for the Xbox Rewards free points for playing an id@xbox game. Probably Virginia for the rest.
I went and started a new account just so I can do stuff in the bubble again.. I'm still months from returning from our silly adventure to Beagle Point. If only Horizons worked properly.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.