Community Events Forum

GTASC 2019 - Discussion

AuthorMessage
planting42
planting42
Posted on 08 October 19 at 15:39, Edited on 08 October 19 at 15:41 by planting42
125 Teams have perfect 50/50 Vision. 7 had the right idea but didn't quite get the score above elimination. 79.62% of the contest won this bonus making it the most popular one to date.
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

These are the unlucky teams that met the bonus requirements but fell below the elimination line.
To be awarded shortly.

I'm sorry but I don't have data for who's currently in the running for all bonuses. I typically check when we're getting much closer to having them all dealt out.
Falensarano
Falensarano
Posted on 08 October 19 at 16:18
planting42 said:
125 Teams have perfect 50/50 Vision. 7 had the right idea but didn't quite get the score above elimination. 79.62% of the contest won this bonus making it the most popular one to date.
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

These are the unlucky teams that met the bonus requirements but fell below the elimination line.
To be awarded shortly.

I'm sorry but I don't have data for who's currently in the running for all bonuses. I typically check when we're getting much closer to having them all dealt out.
Sad times, but fair enough.
Lord Taylor XII
Posted on 08 October 19 at 20:49
The hard part about already qualifying for the bonus this week is now I have to hope that 1000 TADiff is good enough AND I can't earn any achievements until Monday :p. Guess Ill work on bordering some for next week lol
DubstepEdgelord
Posted on 09 October 19 at 00:08, Edited on 09 October 19 at 00:08 by DubstepEdgelord
I thought I didn't see my team in the list but I guess a lot of teams were able to get this one, thus making it hard to find.
DubstepEdgelord
NoblestSteed
NoblestSteed
Posted on 09 October 19 at 01:57
Not one to back down from a fun challenge, I think I worked out a way for me to get this week's bonus with a nice 1400 TA difference across 4 - 5 games. I've been fighting off decay the few past weeks, so want a little extra cushion just to be on the safe side.
ozbuffinatic
ozbuffinatic
Posted on 09 October 19 at 02:23
I'm unlikely to get the bonus this week as I need 58 achievements for a total of 1,187 gs. I won't be home from tomorrow night until Monday arvo as I am staying in Melbourne for 4 nights as I will be attending all 3 days of PAX Australia this weekend. Plus have other things I have to do complete such as job seeking activities.
I'm either gaming or procrastinating. If I'm not doing one of them, I'm thinking about which one I want to do.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 09 October 19 at 05:45
Well this bonus just got real interesting. Decided to get a couple unlocks from Microsoft Treasure Hunt, turns out it's been updated with a new list - that isn't actually showing up on LIVE yet. Just unlocked 3 or 4 achievements, and I have no idea if this new version is going to go live this week and kill my bonus...
#mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 09 October 19 at 09:56
Unfun :(
Play nice!
Toca1FTW
Toca1FTW
Posted on 09 October 19 at 13:17
Ahayzo said:
Well this bonus just got real interesting. Decided to get a couple unlocks from Microsoft Treasure Hunt, turns out it's been updated with a new list - that isn't actually showing up on LIVE yet. Just unlocked 3 or 4 achievements, and I have no idea if this new version is going to go live this week and kill my bonus...
This has just done done me, not Treasure Hunt it's self, but having my old Win 8 Tablet on to check.

Launched MS Bingo and it instantly spat out 17 achievements angry, all my planning has gone out the window and now it's impossible to get the bonus cry
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 09 October 19 at 14:58
Barely survived period 2, still here in period 15 [successkid.jpg]
BetaSigX20
BetaSigX20
Posted on 09 October 19 at 15:33
I really lucked out with this bonus. I only unlocked 16 achievements last week, and the two games I played were Thief of Thieves and >observer_, both of which have very consistent gamerscore values for their achievements. I still have plenty left to earn in both, so I just have to pick up any 8 from Thief of Thieves, any 7 from >observer_ (excluding the two endings), and then one 20gs achievement from any other game. Should be a breeze!
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 09 October 19 at 17:26
Toca1FTW said:
Launched MS Bingo and it instantly spat out 17 achievements angry, all my planning has gone out the window and now it's impossible to get the bonus cry
That's what you get for playing Bingo! laugh
Throni360
Throni360
Posted on 09 October 19 at 22:28
Toca1FTW said:
Launched MS Bingo and it instantly spat out 17 achievements angry
Nice.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 10 October 19 at 02:20
Whelp, Treasure Hunt went live. And that's why I stopped unlocking anything last night! Need to get 25gs from 3 achievements, definitely screwed my plan of easy 25s and a single 30 to finish it.
#mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted on 10 October 19 at 06:44
I would like to make a suggestion for this bonus for future competitions. Many of the issues seem to be that players are struggling to keep their gamerscore or achievement count in check, so perhaps a better version would be to get the same amount or more.

Just based on this thread there are multiple people now who cannot get another achievement this week if they want the bonus, which means not gaming, which is a bit rough to ask of people on this site.
Zalexzy
Zalexzy
Posted on 10 October 19 at 07:29, Edited on 10 October 19 at 07:30 by Zalexzy
Ace#4617 said:
I would like to make a suggestion for this bonus for future competitions. Many of the issues seem to be that players are struggling to keep their gamerscore or achievement count in check, so perhaps a better version would be to get the same amount or more.

Just based on this thread there are multiple people now who cannot get another achievement this week if they want the bonus, which means not gaming, which is a bit rough to ask of people on this site.
I feel that same amount or more would make bonus pointless. Life is about choices. You could always be playing something else to preload achievements, or even games that don't have achievements.

Not to mention whole competition, these early stages I usually have more than enough score by saturday/sunday, sometimes even earlier, which means no gaming in sense of getting many more achievements during current period.
Any problem solved is a new problem made.
Throni360
Throni360
Posted on 10 October 19 at 08:02
Ace#4617 said:
It's a bonus, not a handout. Unlike welfare it has to be earned. Doing the math and carefully planning is part of the fun. One small mistake and the 500 bonus points are gone. Not to mention that some gamers didn't understand simple bonus requirements in the past like doubling TA score from the previous week.
Falensarano
Falensarano
Posted on 10 October 19 at 11:46
I said it was not straightforward. And didn’t like that the team bonuses are significantly easier. I’m still on for this and am having fun doing it!
AlbinoKidELITE
AlbinoKidELITE
Posted on 10 October 19 at 12:50
Falensarano said:
I said it was not straightforward. And didn’t like that the team bonuses are significantly easier. I’m still on for this and am having fun doing it!
If you’re having fun then you’re not taking it seriously enough and treating the contest with the respect it deserves. warning
"I'm sorry AlbinoKidElite but you are very stupid!”
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 10 October 19 at 13:13
AlbinoKidELITE said:
Falensarano said:
If you’re having fun then you’re not taking it seriously enough and treating the contest with the respect it deserves. warning
This thread in a nutshell laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.