Community Events

GTASC 2019 - Discussion

• Posted on 07 November 19 at 20:34Permalink
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    iMaginaryy said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Question. Considering doing Metal Slug X on gamepass for the solo bonus. Ive never played an ACA cheevo game, but have heard mixed things from super simple to crazy hard. Any opinions on this particular one? I believe this is the only gamepass one. Any feedback would be much appreciated!toast
    I'd say it's kind of middle ground as far as ACAs go, definitely not the easiest one(s) but also definitely not the hardest one(s).

Should be able to easily get 75% of the GS. The last few will come down to learning the pattern and getting a perfect or near perfect run and a little extra. Watch a video for an idea.
    Appreciate the quick follow up brotha! Im good with 75% will check it out now! toast
    It also has a Win 10 version on Game Pass, too, if you have GPU! toast
  • Posted on 07 November 19 at 20:37Permalink
    Mr Peanutbubber said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    iMaginaryy said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Question. Considering doing Metal Slug X on gamepass for the solo bonus. Ive never played an ACA cheevo game, but have heard mixed things from super simple to crazy hard. Any opinions on this particular one? I believe this is the only gamepass one. Any feedback would be much appreciated!toast
    I'd say it's kind of middle ground as far as ACAs go, definitely not the easiest one(s) but also definitely not the hardest one(s).

Should be able to easily get 75% of the GS. The last few will come down to learning the pattern and getting a perfect or near perfect run and a little extra. Watch a video for an idea.
    Appreciate the quick follow up brotha! Im good with 75% will check it out now! toast
    It also has a Win 10 version on Game Pass, too, if you have GPU! toast
    I do till 2022! Lmao but yea, dont really do the PC thing. Cool that its there tho 😏
    Matthew
  • SeitzzSeitzz682,473
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 20:51Permalink
    Can anyone fill me in on exactly why the badge for this CC and for the UHH CC do not display on the CC badge tab? Is it because there is no consensus or way to display them? Just wondering if this is a possibility or not. If it is, I'm curious to know what people's thoughts are on how they should display. I think as a simple idea for this CC, it could say the badge is awarded for reaching week 10 and/or have the week and place of elimination from the competition. Is this feasible or too much work required? Curious to hear anyone's thoughts on this.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle761,473
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 21:07Permalink
    I'm pretty sure it's a combination of not knowing the best way to display it, and it not being a priority (especially with the development of the new website).
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • eohjayeohjay706,907
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 21:44Permalink
    I don’t really care how they’re displayed, I’d just love to see them actually displayed. They could be plain old text at this point and it’d be an improvement.

I get that it isn’t a high priority item, but come on UHH was over a year ago.
  • SeitzzSeitzz682,473
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 22:03Permalink
    Yeah, I figured I'd throw out simple suggestions for implementation. I'm with you, I'd be fine with plain old text because I'd like to see them displayed than not at all. Again for this, it could just say that it's for reaching week 10 or for UHH it was for completing a certain amount of weeks?
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,348,541
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 22:16Permalink
    UHH was for completing 10 items in one set IIRC.

But yeah I'm with ya, even if just as a placeholder or just at all would be good to have them displayed one way or another just for the record.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • Posted on 08 November 19 at 23:46Permalink
    Seitzz said:
    Can anyone fill me in on exactly why the badge for this CC and for the UHH CC do not display on the CC badge tab? Is it because there is no consensus or way to display them? Just wondering if this is a possibility or not. If it is, I'm curious to know what people's thoughts are on how they should display. I think as a simple idea for this CC, it could say the badge is awarded for reaching week 10 and/or have the week and place of elimination from the competition. Is this feasible or too much work required? Curious to hear anyone's thoughts on this.
    This is my first time really participating in one of these. Are you saying that once we are out there isnt any type of badge or stat page that we can look back on to compare to future runs among other things??
    Matthew
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,348,541
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 00:20, Edited on 09 November 19 at 00:23 by iMaginaryyPermalink
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Seitzz said:
    This is my first time really participating in one of these. Are you saying that once we are out there isnt any type of badge or stat page that we can look back on to compare to future runs among other things??
    He's just talking about the community challenge badge.

Theoretically and usually, the past pages are still there.

Additionally, people (including planting) do blogs with info, individual and team period specific pages are generally there, bios, etc.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • Posted on 09 November 19 at 00:25Permalink
    Ah ok. So will it be under the community challenge badge on our page once we are out of challenge?
    Matthew
  • planting42planting421,330,365
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 00:28Permalink
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Ah ok. So will it be under the community challenge badge on our page once we are out of challenge?
    No. Only Community Challenges (and not all as noted) show there.

GTASC is not quite an official site event. The team pages and old threads are all still around but there's no badge to show placement.
  • SeitzzSeitzz682,473
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 04:02Permalink
    planting42 said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    No. Only Community Challenges (and not all as noted) show there.

GTASC is not quite an official site event. The team pages and old threads are all still around but there's no badge to show placement.
    Do you think there is a possibility of even just a simple implementation and showing on the badge on the community challenge tab. It could follow the other community challenges where the format is, Started, Finished, and Unlocked/Completed. Finished could either be the end date of the entire GTASC competition, date of week 10, or date of elimination from the competition. For Unlocked/Completed (I think completed seems more appropriate for this one) it could say Reach week 10, or something along those lines. I think it's somewhat easy to follow the format of the other ones that display, I just have no idea how it is from an implementation standpoint.
  • FalensaranoFalensarano733,080
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 10:45Permalink
    I would certainly support just plain text for these. It looks a bit silly having nothing for the completion when there is stuff for others!
  • DrMmmPieDrMmmPie248,562
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 12:31Permalink
    I know it's still early in the weekend, but surprised to see so little bonuses used so far.
  • AhayzoAhayzo554,276
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 16:40Permalink
    DrMmmPie said:
    I know it's still early in the weekend, but surprised to see so little bonuses used so far.
    Same here. I know it won't stay this way, but I'm really surprised I'm still so far above cutoff with barely 500 points.
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • Posted on 10 November 19 at 07:33Permalink
    Hey, sorry, I'm new on this... can I join the contest or once it has iniciated? I can not be able to join?
  • Posted on 10 November 19 at 08:31Permalink
    ZST AlanZniper said:
    Hey, sorry, I'm new on this... can I join the contest or once it has iniciated? I can not be able to join?
    You have to register solo / with a team before it begins. Since it's a year long endeavor you can't join in the middle unfortunately.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • LancerideLanceride304,453
    Posted on 11 November 19 at 05:48Permalink
    Alright, guys. It's been a long and fun journey, but I'm bowing out. I'm assuming I don't currently have the points to survive. I'll see you all next time.

And 8 challenges club... See you guys December 1st toast
  • ZalexzyZalexzy1,223,076
    Posted on 11 November 19 at 08:34Permalink
    How many people will be asking "where is my bonus" after having unlocked achievement with "scoring"?
    Any problem solved is a new problem made.
  • FalensaranoFalensarano733,080
    Posted on 11 November 19 at 09:23Permalink
    Lanceride said:
    Alright, guys. It's been a long and fun journey, but I'm bowing out. I'm assuming I don't currently have the points to survive. I'll see you all next time.

And 8 challenges club... See you guys December 1st toast
    12 Days of Christmas challenge again? Wonder what we have to look forward to this year!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.