Community Events

GTASC 2019 - Discussion

• AhayzoAhayzo604,378
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 03:41Permalink
    No eliminations this week, but we did drop three teams from the list. I don't know who it is, but someone from Soju and Whiskey might not be getting invited back next season.

Brer Tom & The Possum Folk - Short by 101 achievements for 5,950 Gamerscore
    Soju and Whiskey - Overshot by 1 achievement for 70 Gamerscore
    The Official Hitman Fan Club - Overshot by 19 achievements for 1,305 Gamerscore

Flamin' Hot Chievos Remastered also used their first bonus. With Unky TimFU being on that team, this leaves UselessFATDOG as the only person left to have both earned every bonus on both sides of GTASC, but also to not have used any of them. You should be proud Useless. I don't know why, but you should be.

This week could see a mass exodus from the list, as the solo side got possibly the most difficult bonus yet. We have to... unlock a 50GS achievement? Ok, maybe "difficult" was the wrong word. If anyone falls off the list this week for any reason short of being eliminated, then I'm at a loss for words.

Individual (17)
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Team (9)

Team + Individual (4) - Bold have not used a bonus on either side
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • planting42planting421,405,238
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 03:57, Edited on 14 January 20 at 04:00 by planting42Permalink
    13 Teams did the work to earn themselves a shiny bonus for ending with an Active Reload. All winners survived. Here's the list:

To be awarded after I finish the recap (which is abbreviated this time as I forgot to snap the best games/achievements at the roll and apparently I forgot to send the interview Qs out so next period will have the opportunity for a double shot.)
  • KinectKid333KinectKid333471,411
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 04:06Permalink
    Ahayzo said:
    No eliminations this week, but we did drop three teams from the list. I don't know who it is, but someone from Soju and Whiskey might not be getting invited back next season.
    Soju and Whiskey were actually beneath the cutoff with 5 minutes left to go. Many teams that dropped off the list likely thought they scored more than enough and then realized they actually needed to score more.
    Theory and practice are the same in theory, but not in practice
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 04:12Permalink
    Also I decided to gather some more stats instead of gaming and scoring for this week (like I should be, lmao)

Congrats to Eternal DONATA, Is This Team Leapfrog?, Names You Can't Pronounce, The Cake is a Lie 3.0, and The Good, The Bad, and the Fggly -- the five teams that are still in on the team side and have all members alive in the solo side as well!

There are 14 teams left with two alive members, 16 teams left with one alive member, and 11 teams left with zero alive members. This means that 41.8% of the members on the team side are also alive in the solo side, and 52.2% of the members on the solo side are also alive on the team side.
  • XpovosXpovos630,345
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 04:55Permalink
    KinectKid333 said:
    Also I decided to gather some more stats instead of gaming and scoring for this week (like I should be, lmao)

Congrats to Eternal DONATA, Is This Team Leapfrog?, Names You Can't Pronounce, The Cake is a Lie 3.0, and The Good, The Bad, and the Fggly -- the five teams that are still in on the team side and have all members alive in the solo side as well!

There are 14 teams left with two alive members, 16 teams left with one alive member, and 11 teams left with zero alive members. This means that 41.8% of the members on the team side are also alive in the solo side, and 52.2% of the members on the solo side are also alive on the team side.
    Nice work on these numbers. I've always found GTASC to be a fantastic way to work my stats brain and not do work, so I'm glad I'm not alone in this.
    Time not important; only life important.
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 04:58Permalink
    Badges & bonuses have been awarded.
  • AhayzoAhayzo604,378
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 05:17Permalink
    KinectKid333 said:
    Ahayzo said:
    Soju and Whiskey were actually beneath the cutoff with 5 minutes left to go. Many teams that dropped off the list likely thought they scored more than enough and then realized they actually needed to score more.
    Ah that makes sense, definitely sucks. I know the other two simply didn't get it not due to placings. Fan Club was around 4k over cutoff, but just barely overshot, and Brer actually undershot it by quite a bit.
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 06:14, Edited on 14 January 20 at 06:19 by KinectKid333Permalink
    Xpovos said:
    KinectKid333 said:

Nice work on these numbers. I've always found GTASC to be a fantastic way to work my stats brain and not do work, so I'm glad I'm not alone in this.
    Thanks smile I've always been a stats guy-- obsessed with the numbers in predictions and MoEs and statistical anomalies and stuff like that, but I also thoroughly enjoy qualitative stats. AP Stats was my favorite in high school :D Stats are in everything... I love just looking at stats. dance I actually have an Excel spreadsheet with a ton of stats just about the GTASC and its members, but I think I'll keep it to myself for now. I think making it public would be a tactical error. Maybe I'll post it when I get eliminated compute

Ahayzo said:
    KinectKid333 said:
    Ahayzo said:
    Ah that makes sense, definitely sucks. I know the other two simply didn't get it not due to placings. Fan Club was around 4k over cutoff, but just barely overshot, and Brer actually undershot it by quite a bit.
    Ah, I see. Yeah, tough bonus last week... Tough week in general, haha
  • StK IStK I590,551
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 16:53Permalink
    KinectKid333 said:
    Ace#4617 said:
    KinectKid333 said:
    jrath05 said:
    kabobles said:
    Any predictions this week? laugh

PS I edited it to show my province flag so I can rep Alberta under these badass country stats provided by KinectKid333 (Thanks for your work!)
    So I've been wondering if I was under Nova Scotia or unspecified. Not sure how the data is being collected. I have it in my settings to show Country rather than provincial flag, but I am selected as NS in my regional settings for the leaderboards, and indeed if you mouse over my GT it is the NS flag that shows up.
    I see the Canadian flag on this page, so I have you under unspecified right now: jrath05

However, I will move you to Nova Scotia for next week smile
    You could put me under British Columbia. Seems I'm sole surviving one since I'm fairly sure the other unspecified is Shadow Tobuscus who is Albertan. Personally I just prefer having my Country flag on my homepage over provincial.
    Done and done. Went ahead and moved myself to represent Washington state (from unspecified U.S.) now since we're deviating a bit from exactly what shows up on the team page. Unky TimFU is the last unspecified Canadian.

I'm the same way. The United States flag is a lot more recognizable than the Washington flag, which is why I keep my flag as the United States flag on my homepage.

Edit: United States/Canada region breakdown updated:

United States: 44 total

Canada: 10 total

... And in case Ahayzo is wondering who the Arizonans are or Inferno118 is wondering who the New Yorkers are, they are Xerostomia & Unholy Angst, and DubstepEdgelord & StK I, respectively smile
    Ack. I've been exposed. Pretty sure I'm not beating inferno though 😱
  • DANIELJJ14DANIELJJ141,153,885
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 17:58Permalink
    StK I said:
    More like InferWHO? Am I right?
  • Posted on 14 January 20 at 20:00Permalink
    Where the other Cali gamer at!? toast
    Matthew
  • Posted on 14 January 20 at 23:52Permalink
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    You rang?
    This message was paid for by China
  • Posted on 14 January 20 at 23:55Permalink
    Living Legends said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    You rang?
    Haha there you are! Just checking! Doing good brotha! Keep it up! 😁 toast
    Matthew
  • Throni360Throni3601,259,112
    Posted on 15 January 20 at 00:40Permalink
    DANIELJJ14 said:
    StK I said:
    More like InferWHO? Am I right?
    toast
  • Kaz AdamaKaz Adama797,633
    Posted on 15 January 20 at 05:27Permalink
    <<--- super secret third gamer from Cali toast
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce731,672
    Posted on 15 January 20 at 20:54Permalink
    For some reason the cutoff chart on Team Stats is way off for last week
    @ChewieOnIce | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Inferno118Inferno1181,146,819
    Posted on 15 January 20 at 21:13Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Think it doesn’t count bonuses just raw score
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce731,672
    Posted on 15 January 20 at 21:25Permalink
    Inferno118 said:
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Yeh it seems to pick the highest base score under the line. It’s not really a true indication of the cutoff then, especially with the bonuses being such high value.
    @ChewieOnIce | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Inferno118Inferno1181,146,819
    Posted on 15 January 20 at 21:33Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Inferno118 said:
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Yeh it seems to pick the highest base score under the line. It’s not really a true indication of the cutoff then, especially with the bonuses being such high value.
    Yeh it’s computer automated, something with the programming. It messes up 10.0+ ratios in the period summaries too.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.