Posted on 02 July 19 at 18:46
was this article stolen from Kotaku?
Algur
Algur
Posted on 02 July 19 at 20:53, Edited on 02 July 19 at 20:58 by Algur
EarthboundX said:
Algur said:
Nomstuff said:
I already don't, but you kinda ignored the point really.

Especially the part where there's no option to not have them where there is in kinder eggs
"No option to not have them"? If you don't play games that include loot boxes then you have no incentive or opportunity to buy them.
So what can we do? Nothing? If we do nothing it'll just get worse.

Again, just looked what just happened to NBA2K19. Battlefront II showed us all that if we make enough noise, the companies do notice.
Easy. If you don't like lootboxes, don't play games that include lootbox mechanics and voice your concerns to the publishers. If they continue to produce games with lootbox mechanics, then continue to abstain from those games.
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 02 July 19 at 21:09
So.. quit my hobby?
Chakaal Starr
Chakaal Starr
Posted on 04 July 19 at 16:16
So I was just looking at this:
https://candyfunhouse.ca/products/zaini-chocolate-eggs-nhl

and I would specifically want a Kings toy...

It is kind of the same thing. You could say you get chocolate, but I could buy crappy chocolate that I don't really want to eat for way cheaper than this.
Algur
Algur
Posted on 09 July 19 at 16:44, Edited on 09 July 19 at 16:50 by Algur
Nomstuff said:
So.. quit my hobby?
That's quite the extreme response. Most games don't include lootbox mechanics. Nice strawman though.
Dutch x Monster
Posted yesterday at 19:31
Comparing kinder eggs to gambling is like saying lootboxes are a suprise mechanic. In the case of kids how many mothers and fathers have childeren which spend 1000s of dollars on kinder eggs none of i know huh (maybe that one rich kid which has 200 pairs of shoes when they are 12) even if i live in the netherlands kinder eggs are common here i had them maybe 20 times from my childhood till being an adult ( which roughly esimates to being 25€ over 22 years thats mot gambling is it ? ) some people buy 50 FUT packs a day since they are hooked imagine that you want heck you need to buy 50 kinder eggs everyday to feed your addiction? Not a good comparison if you ask me maybe if you have 20 childeren and its easter you might buy over 50 kinder eggs but thats a single occasion every year EA need to step up their game and make an actual game instead of an RNG similator
Chakaal Starr
Chakaal Starr
Posted yesterday at 20:41, Edited yesterday at 20:43 by Chakaal Starr
Dutch x Monster said:
Comparing kinder eggs to gambling is like saying lootboxes are a suprise mechanic. In the case of kids how many mothers and fathers have childeren which spend 1000s of dollars on kinder eggs none of i know huh (maybe that one rich kid which has 200 pairs of shoes when they are 12) even if i live in the netherlands kinder eggs are common here i had them maybe 20 times from my childhood till being an adult ( which roughly esimates to being 25€ over 22 years thats mot gambling is it ? ) some people buy 50 FUT packs a day since they are hooked imagine that you want heck you need to buy 50 kinder eggs everyday to feed your addiction? Not a good comparison if you ask me maybe if you have 20 childeren and its easter you might buy over 50 kinder eggs but thats a single occasion every year EA need to step up their game and make an actual game instead of an RNG similator
You are comparing your own experience with kinder eggs to a theoretical whale in FUT. Yes, there is some people that will spend crazy amounts and would be considered a whale, but that could be applied to anything as there is whales for a lot of things.. take for example game purchases, if you took the whole playerbase of xbox, the average probably buys maybe 2 games a year, and here you and I have over a thousand games between us. There is also some dude somewhere judging us for that because we spend way more of our money games than they do and assuming we are addicted or that our kids are spending our money on us.. I think it is safe to say that the kids (or adults for that matter) that spend 50 fut packs a day is the exception, the average is probably 1 or 2 fut packs over the life of the product, and I bet I am guessing high for the average. For that matter it's their money, just like its your money for buying hundreds of games, Dutch 'Game Buying Whale' Monster.

Ultimately, there is probably someone who buys Kinder eggs like a crazy person too because there are collectors out there for everything, from betty boop, to mickey mouse, to star wars, to retro games, to modern games. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhVmOX0rjOo

Since you are talking your personal experiences as evidence, how many FUT packs have you bought?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.