Game Discussion: Minecraft Forum

Host on PC for Xbox still working?

AuthorMessage
Senor Slurpee 2
Posted on 22 June 19 at 01:26
I use to host the Win10 achievement worlds on my Windows 10 PC and then join the world with my XB1 to get achievements. Recently it doesn't seem like I am able to do that anymore. Is that something on my end I need to fix or have they done away with that? A;so I was using my same gamertag on both machines. If they have changed it would I be able to use a Alt account on my PC and host it for my GT on the XB1 as a work around?
Bastian Reader
Posted on 22 June 19 at 06:09
You can use your pc for achievements. Just make sure your pc and Xbox are up to date.
TangerineGamer
Posted on 22 June 19 at 09:17
As Bastian said you should still be able to do this, I haven;t heard anywhere people saying that it has or will change.
Are you getting any kind of error wen you try to do it? If the Win10 and XB1 versions aren't the same it would show an error saying so.

AFAIK you can still use the same GT on both, but I'm not sure as I usually do it the other way you mentioned - host the world on PC on my alt account and join with my main on XB1
Yours sincerely, TG
Senor Slurpee 2
Posted on 23 June 19 at 22:38
So I finally got around to trying this and I'm still not having any luck. Both PC and XB1 are on version 1.11.4 and it wont connect. There is no error its just not showing I have any friends online. I can stream from my XB1 to my PC so i'm assuming its not a connection issue. Anyone have other ideas?
BUSHEE BROW
BUSHEE BROW
Posted on 25 June 19 at 05:13
I was playing with a guy today. We had no trouble when we both played on the XBox1. When I stitched to win10 he could not join with his XBox1, he could not even see me on line.

I think they should change the name of this game to: It Would Be Better Together.
LeeDoc40
LeeDoc40
Posted on 07 July 19 at 15:25
Senor Slurpee 2 said:
I use to host the Win10 achievement worlds on my Windows 10 PC and then join the world with my XB1 to get achievements. Recently it doesn't seem like I am able to do that anymore. Is that something on my end I need to fix or have they done away with that? A;so I was using my same gamertag on both machines. If they have changed it would I be able to use a Alt account on my PC and host it for my GT on the XB1 as a work around?
I am having the same problem. Saying "Cannot connect. Outdated Server" when try to join Win10 game from my XB1
iiAssassinXxii
Posted on 07 July 19 at 16:41, Edited on 07 July 19 at 16:43 by iiAssassinXxii
I had the same problem. On your PC which is hosting the server, search for your firewall settings and temporarily disable them. This worked first time for me. I have managed to do all of the Xbox version of the achievements (except passing the time) today. If you have a third party antivirus, that may have taken priority from Microsoft and therefore it'll be on that which you need to disable. Make sure you only do it temporarily though or reinstate it once you've finished to protect yourself.
Going for gamerscore. iiAssassinXxii
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.