Game Discussion: Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

Party Builds

• Posted on 22 June 19 at 02:12
    Anyone have any tips for a good party? I'd prefer to hit fast and hard, ending battles quickly without much need for healing until after the battle.
  • Posted on 03 July 19 at 21:23
    Guys are good at physical, girls are good at magic and fran is good at nothing.

Basch is good at raw damage, Vaan is good at everything and balthier is pretty good. I would say definitely have a white mage in the active party.

In this version, you can respec with montblanc at will unlike the ps4 version. Certain missions require different strategies. Play with it; there's no real meta, especially in this version.
  • VantexVantex233,031
    Posted on 22 September 19 at 06:58
    Ostrowidzki1989 said:
    Guys are good at physical, girls are good at magic and fran is good at nothing.

Basch is good at raw damage, Vaan is good at everything and balthier is pretty good. I would say definitely have a white mage in the active party.

In this version, you can respec with montblanc at will unlike the ps4 version. Certain missions require different strategies. Play with it; there's no real meta, especially in this version.
    Oh no you didn't......
    Vantex
  • Posted on 23 September 19 at 11:21
    Below was the setup I used for the entire game, balanced and made everything easy:

Vaan: Shikari + Foebreaker (physical attacker and debuff/break technicks)

Penelo: Black Mage + Monk (magic and physical attacker)

Ashe: White Mage + Time Mage (support character)

I never used the other 3 characters.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 December 19 at 15:51
    If you want to use all 12 jobs across all characters. I used the following combinations as suggested by Jegged.com

Vaan: Shikari (1st), Foebreaker (2nd)
    Balthier: Mechanist (1st), Uhlan (2nd)
    Basch: Knight (1st), Bushi (2nd)
    Fran: Archer (1st), Red Battlemage (2nd)
    Ashe: White Mage (1st), Time Battlemage (2nd)
    Penelo: Black Mage (1st), Monk (2nd)

In terms of battle formations, here's how I group them, and I level them all up as evenly as possible:
    Main group: Vaan, Basch, Ashe
    Sub group: Balthier, Fran, Penelo
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads