Game Discussion: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Blackout Mason

• AquaKILLAH KEVAquaKILLAH KEV1,692,116
    Posted on 24 June 19 at 18:48
    I’ve yet to see this character item one time and it’s one of my last remaining characters. I’ve followed guides with no luck. Anyone have any tips or ideas for this?
  • CrowAtNightCrowAtNight126,258
    Posted on 25 June 19 at 13:47
    Firstly, and most obviously, it's not available in Alcatraz.

Since the Stained White T-Shirt can only be found in the large supply crates, it's all a matter of luck and RNG. I've found that they tend to spawn most often in these three places: gas station garages, the really large garages near houses, and The Hind area where you can unlock Woods.

The Hind area has either a small supply stash, a medicine stash or a large crate about 85% of the time. Like I said, getting the large crate is all luck, but the benefit I've found with this area is that you can easily spot it if it spawns when parachuting in. Sometimes you'll have no one land with you and sometimes you'll have to fight off 5 other enemies.

After you get the item, you press that button on the console inside the large facility in Array, and then hide. It's a coward's strategy, but you can always go hard next game after you've unlocked Mason. I've found that hugging the outside of the circle and hiding in houses and bathrooms works best. Obviously, have good weapons in case someone finds you. Recommended perks to help you survive longer are Outlander (a major help), Medic, Consumer and Dead Silence.
    Posted on 01 July 19 at 01:49
    Hey thanks! You’re the first person I’ve had elaborate on this in my time playing and it seemed as though people have not talked about Mason in a year. I’ve found very many supply caches in the array area and the houses by array, but they only ever had nothing in particular or the fire doll. I’ll try out the areas you listed and hope I get lucky then because I was honestly thinking they removed Mason from blackout altogether.
  • kazzer86kazzer861,028,513
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 13:35
    Another area to search around is the Fracking Tower area. There are lots of little houses and garages around the area. I have found the shirt here a few times during my plays. smile
  • Sitop ApenSitop Apen554,069
    Posted on 13 July 19 at 19:07
    I keep trying for Mason as well. Last character I need. I can play for hours at a time without even seeing a large supply cache, it's super upsetting.

Mostly I've been landing either array or Wood's helicopter. If I land at Woods, I make my way to Array searching through the 6 houses on the way.

Did you guys usually land near Array or just somewhere completely different and get lucky?
  • CrowAtNightCrowAtNight126,258
    Posted on 13 July 19 at 21:36
    I just kept landing in the Woods area. If it's not there, then I make my way to wherever the circle is and check every house garage and gas station garage along the way. Also check death stashes, as maybe someone was lucky enough to find the item but unlucky enough to get killed before they unlocked him. That's happened to me a couple of times.
    Posted on 15 July 19 at 03:48, Edited on 15 July 19 at 03:48 by AquaKILLAH KEV
    I got him recently by just dropping array and learning where the caches spawned on the blackout map. Before I would only get fire dolls but now everything seems to be back in rotation. Good luck to all.
    Posted on 15 July 19 at 17:58
    Where did you end up finding it? At Array?
    I feel as if I know most of the places where the caches spawn but I find only one or two caches a day
    Posted on 15 July 19 at 18:01
    If you’re coming in from the south there can be a cache at both of the arrays right at the top of the stairs. There can also be two on top of the building with the sleeper agent itself. One can spawn on top of the middle building and a potential of 3 spots to the right side of it can spawn it. From there the array at the far back side can spawn one and if none spawn I would head towards the houses north of array and search there. Also if you see a looted crate open it anyway as many people don’t go for character items.
    Posted on 15 July 19 at 23:15
    Dang, I was maybe hitting half of those.
    Thanks for the help!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads