Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Patch Delayed to Fix Progression Problem

• punkyliarpunkyliar240,616
  • BigNev44BigNev441,938,063
    Posted on 25 June 19 at 10:06
    Oh great, i stopped playing it cause i thought i was going to start from the beginning, ah well, i'll wait and see some more.
  • JadsiiJadsii32,910
    Posted on 25 June 19 at 10:13
    I'm easily confused....am I okay to start this game today with no possibility of getting the chest bug?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 June 19 at 10:17
    Jadsii said:
    I'm easily confused....am I okay to start this game today with no possibility of getting the chest bug?
    No, it's unplayable. All my friends who started this always got the bug on multiple playthroughs.
  • Posted on 25 June 19 at 10:22
    SojerManLan said:
    Jadsii said:
    No, it's unplayable. All my friends who started this always got the bug on multiple playthroughs.
    The patch that causes the bug hasn't even been released on Xbox as it says in the article.
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy2,245,939
    Posted on 25 June 19 at 10:27
    SojerManLan said:
    Jadsii said:
    Care to elaborate on specifics?
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 June 19 at 12:03, Edited on 25 June 19 at 12:05 by
    SojerManLan said:
    Jadsii said:
    This is bollocks.

The vanilla game doesn't have the bug.

It was the upcoming content patch with was going to cause the bug, and their initial (and baffling) response was to go ahead and release it, then add another patch later to fix the bug they knew they were going to cause.

Instead, they pulled the content patch from certification.

This means the game will remain in it's unpatched (and unbroken) state, until they release the content patch without the bug.
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666208,562
    Posted on 25 June 19 at 12:10
    SojerManLan said:
    Jadsii said:
    I'm nearing the end of the game with no issues. I was able to loot both of the "glitched" chests.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/zorlac Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
  • JadsiiJadsii32,910
    Posted on 25 June 19 at 12:13
    Thanks for the clarification guys....looks like I can go ahead and start it up :)
  • Posted on 25 June 19 at 12:15
    Got my backer copy in the mail, but will wait until this mess is figured out to start. Also there are currently 3 unobtainable achievements. Let's hope that is high on the priority / patch list.
  • BinaryOniBinaryOni713,002
    Posted on 25 June 19 at 14:47, Edited on 25 June 19 at 14:48 by BinaryOni
    Yes you’re able to beat the story but there’s 3 unobtainable achievements right now that the patch should fix.
  • XellizXelliz357,422
    Posted on 25 June 19 at 15:39
    BinaryRuse said:
    Yes you’re able to beat the story but there’s 3 unobtainable achievements right now that the patch should fix.
    So I should not starting playing yet?
  • JadsiiJadsii32,910
    Posted on 25 June 19 at 16:12
    BinaryRuse said:
    Okay...guess I'll wait after all roll
  • Ry FryyRy Fryy417,190
    Posted on 25 June 19 at 17:53
    Just play the game. It’s amazing.

End of story.
  • Posted on 25 June 19 at 17:57
    Xelliz said:
    BinaryRuse said:
    So I should not starting playing yet?
    By all means, play it! all the currently Unobtainable achievements are all End game, and there is a New Game+ you can supposedly start post patch to get around that glitched issue [if it actually did occur to you].
  • robthehermitrobthehermit315,525
    Posted on 26 June 19 at 08:32
    Finished this morning. Need to grind out the gold and find the last .2% of the map that I'm missing and that's pretty much all I can do until the game is patched and I start NG+.

Great game overall and have thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • De4thCrunchDe4thCrunch1,040,197
    Posted on 26 June 19 at 23:00
    For clarification, it's the silver bromide after the twin snake Bois and the aegis armour late game but only the silver bromide is essential for progress.
    I am the Bird of Hermes. I devoured my own wings and that... is how I was tamed.
  • OvapositorOvapositor206,552
    Posted on 27 June 19 at 01:04
    Just loaded post patch. green chest in garden of silence had not been opened before but now is looted. not sure what was in there or if it breaks the game.
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy2,245,939
    Posted on 27 June 19 at 02:32, Edited on 27 June 19 at 04:55 by iMaginaryy
    Ovapositor said:
    Just loaded post patch. green chest in garden of silence had not been opened before but now is looted. not sure what was in there or if it breaks the game.
    Yeah I'll come back with more info and confirmation probably, but it appears the patch did go through even though they said it wouldn't. Detailed info below:

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • BsmittelBsmittel1,314,506
    Posted on 27 June 19 at 02:35
    I had chests not be opened in new areas I've never been to. I was at 99.20% of the map clear with the good ending done and went and got the Gambler's ring, and a recipe in the Underground lab both out of green chests in "hidden rooms". Also seems to be some new monster placement, and I think I've even seen a monster attack that I hadn't seen before.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.