Site Help Forum

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

Copying TT Solution to TA

AuthorMessage
Frankie DrumsNY
Posted on 25 June 19 at 15:22
Hi,

I just posted a solution for a game I have on PS4:

https://www.truetrophies.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=3915...

I clicked the link to copy the solution to TA but, once I get to the desintation:

Bloodstained: Ritual of the NightSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night worth 37 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

I don't see how to paste my achievement anywhere, since I don't own the game on both consoles. Do I have to enable something in my settings to do this, or is this option only avaialble when someone owns a game on both consoles (which seems silly)?
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 25 June 19 at 16:52, Edited on 25 June 19 at 16:54 by TheMaize
Yeah..you can only write solutions to games you own.

And it does actually make sense in some cases, as there can be differences from system to system. One might be buggy, or even unobtainable. One might be patched more, and the other might have an exploit. One can maybe be done differently with console exclusive items, etc etc.

Also..there is no way the system would know if you actually played it on ANY system.
Frankie DrumsNY
Posted on 25 June 19 at 17:18, Edited on 25 June 19 at 17:19 by Frankie DrumsNY
TheMaize said:
Well, I do own it, and the system has verified that on TT. And I also have my accounts tied together so I'm verified on that end as well.

TheMaize said:
And it does actually make sense in some cases, as there can be differences from system to system. One might be buggy, or even unobtainable. One might be patched more, and the other might have an exploit. One can maybe be done differently with console exclusive items, etc etc.
Correct, which is why I assumed there'd be some sort of disclaimer on the bottom of the solution stating that it had been copied from TT and that some things from one system may not work on the other. I also though it might substitute symbols, such as "X" on the PS4 being changed to cn_A on the X1.

TheMaize said:
Also..there is no way the system would know if you actually played it on ANY system.
Well, I'm saying that if my TA and TT account are tied together, and I played on one system, then I should be allowed to share my solution on both forums. I agree that if there was no record I'd played it on either system that would allow the forum to be spammed.

Maybe something that can be changed in the future.
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 25 June 19 at 17:55
TheMaize said:

That's actually not the case when you use this method, since I've done it from TA to TT
Frankie DrumsNY
Posted on 25 June 19 at 18:29
Nomstuff said:
That's actually not the case when you use this method, since I've done it from TA to TT
That's what I assumed. Why have the "Copy solution to TA/TT" button if it's going to halt you?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.