Xbox 360 Forum

Forum for Xbox 360 related things

Xbox 360 Controllers in 2019

AuthorMessage
SPARTAN089 Ace
Posted on 26 June 19 at 13:12, Edited on 26 June 19 at 17:32 by SPARTAN089 Ace
Hey all,

All of my Xbox 360 controllers seem to be very near the end of their life, and I was looking to replace them. Looking for Wired as well as Wireless controllers. It seems like original Microsoft controllers are no longer available, other than some second hand ones, and some special edition ones (which are very expensive).

I would like to hear peoples' experiences getting new (or 2nd hand) controllers in 2019 (or say, '17, or '18). Are there any with a quality near the quality of the original controllers? Anyone with specifically good or bad experiences with any stores, brands, or specific controllers?

I'd be willing to invest a little extra, as long as I can trust their quality and longevity. I strongly prefer controllers similar to the Microsoft ones I had (all black, simple design)

Thanks,
Ace

PS: Not sure if this board permits recommending brands etc openly, if not, feel free to PM me your good/bad experiences! ;) I really need some help, and Google isn't doing it for me.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 26 June 19 at 13:22
People posting recommendations is no problem. Unsolicited advertising is not. I also see you're from the Netherlands if that helps anyone.
Play nice!
Doh Re Egon
Doh Re Egon
Posted on 26 June 19 at 21:27
Amazon is your best bet. I just bought a wired 360 controller from them back in December. They should also have wireless.
Joel78
Joel78
Posted on 27 June 19 at 05:36
Ebay as well, I picked a brand new wireless one up from there last year and theres' still a few on there.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 28 June 19 at 06:23
Doh Re Egon said:
Amazon is your best bet. I just bought a wired 360 controller from them back in December. They should also have wireless.
Just be careful with listings that aren’t shipped/sold by Amazon. There are a lot of counterfeit controllers out there passed off as Microsoft-branded.
SPARTAN089 Ace
Posted on 22 July 19 at 11:48, Edited on 22 July 19 at 11:48 by SPARTAN089 Ace
I've been recommended 'Rock Candy' and 'Afterglow' as third party controllers. Spent some time checking out Amazon reviews, it seems like they're decent (much better than cheap brandless third party controllers), but the vibe I'm getting is that they're definitely more prone to breaking than the original controllers.

Of course there's Razer, but I think their production stopped a long time ago, you can only find them used, for very high prices.

However, since you said I could find original, new controllers as well, I checked for that. I'm finding stuff like these:

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Looks like new, original controllers, but from China. Are those like the ones you guys bought? I'm astounded to find brand new controllers for this price. Second hand controllers cost more, in game shops in my country.
Joel78
Joel78
Posted on 25 July 19 at 04:17
Mine was from a local (Australian) seller, it cost around double those ones but it is wireless. Those ones seem pretty cheap and as mentioned you need to be wary of counterfeit ones however that seller mostly has good feedback.
SPARTAN089 Ace
Posted on 30 July 19 at 13:21
Update: I bought a wired controller from someone in my own country (NL), he hadn't used it, it came in exactly the same packaging as the first link I shared earlier (in Spoilers).

Looks 99% the same, length of the cable is exactly as before, all buttons seem great. The thumbsticks seem a bit stiff, and the triggers creak a bit. But both of those symptoms might disappear after a bit of use, I can't remember what my original Wired Controllers were like when I first got them (10 years ago). I specifically tested the thumbstick dead zones in Halo, they seem as small as they are for my old controllers. The third party controller I tested earlier had way larger dead zones, which made it unsuable for Halo imo.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.