Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games with Gold Revealed for July 2019

AuthorMessage
Solar Kaos
Solar Kaos
Posted on 01 July 19 at 23:40
LordFightALot said:
REDWINGS05 said:
I love the way this article was written. Can't remember if this is the normal format or not but if not, please keep this moving forward. Very well written and good insight/overview of each game.
Agreed, amazing article!
I think its new , and its a great addition wave
Happy with the free games this month , didnt own any of them. clap
Constants and Variables
DotteinBR
DotteinBR
Posted on 02 July 19 at 03:35
In Xbox Live Brazil there is no Castlevania nor Meet the Robinsons.
Looks like we're having The Maw for the 3rd time. Awful.
Crater Bob
Crater Bob
Posted on 02 July 19 at 04:03
LordFightALot said:
REDWINGS05 said:
I love the way this article was written. Can't remember if this is the normal format or not but if not, please keep this moving forward. Very well written and good insight/overview of each game.
Agreed, amazing article!
I'll third that, about time TA got a writer who's not cringe all the time. rock
Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
BijEARyCHOx47
Posted on 04 July 19 at 07:37, Edited on 04 July 19 at 12:52 by BijEARyCHOx47
DotteinBR said:
In Xbox Live Brazil there is no Castlevania nor Meet the Robinsons.
Looks like we're having The Maw for the 3rd time. Awful.
They better give us Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts for Meet the Robinsons.
charlijaen
charlijaen
Posted on 04 July 19 at 14:51
Yeeah! Microsoft re-listed Meet the Robinsons on the EU Marketplace (at least in Spain).
So happy to get the actual game instead of a replacement
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 04 July 19 at 15:36
charlijaen said:
Yeeah! Microsoft re-listed Meet the Robinsons on the EU Marketplace (at least in Spain).
So happy to get the actual game instead of a replacement
Yup UK has it listed now too.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
WanderingPlotor
Posted on 08 July 19 at 13:11
I still only use my 360, but might upgrade to the newest next gen console in a year or so. I occasionally 'downloaded" Xbox One Games with Gold games to my account where they would be ready for me when I upgrade. However, it is not working with Inside whenever I try it. (I've tried in Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers.) It doesn't even say "Free" next to the game and doesn't "see my device." Has Microsoft removed this ability?
SaDi5TiK
SaDi5TiK
Posted on 09 July 19 at 16:20
WanderingPlotor said:
I still only use my 360, but might upgrade to the newest next gen console in a year or so. I occasionally 'downloaded" Xbox One Games with Gold games to my account where they would be ready for me when I upgrade. However, it is not working with Inside whenever I try it. (I've tried in Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers.) It doesn't even say "Free" next to the game and doesn't "see my device." Has Microsoft removed this ability?
I'm confused too. I downloaded it and can play it but for some reason it looks like I don't actually "own" it. It just says I've downloaded the free trial and I need to pay $19.99 for buy to own which doesn't make sense.
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 09 July 19 at 16:59
^ well it does always say for xbox one GWG "play this with gold or buy to own". You never own xbox one GWG, just have a special gold license for as long as your account also has gold.

It is further complicated by games with trials though, usually there's a drop down menu on the store page with three dots that you can select what version you are downloading. Sometimes it's very unclear though with GWG offerings. I'd say as long you can get achievements and all the achievements (and it's not a timed/limited trial or anything) you should be good, but you won't ever own it through GWG.
Fear is the mindkiller.
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 11 July 19 at 13:06
SaDi5TiK said:
WanderingPlotor said:
I'm confused too. I downloaded it and can play it but for some reason it looks like I don't actually "own" it. It just says I've downloaded the free trial and I need to pay $19.99 for buy to own which doesn't make sense.
The MS store has become confusing lately. There is no longer a confirmation that it has been downloaded previously. Often the Install on Device fails if you don't have an xbox one yet. The only real confirmation that the game has been attached to your account is if the button changes from Purchase to Purchase for a Friend.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 14 July 19 at 16:24
For me it changes pressing F5.
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 14 July 19 at 18:24
Does anyone know the precise time of day for the GWG update? I know it's the 1st and 15th of the month, of course, but what exact time, PDT?
I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
atryeu1
atryeu1
Posted on 14 July 19 at 18:32, Edited yesterday at 05:11 by atryeu1
TVippy said:
Does anyone know the precise time of day for the GWG update? I know it's the 1st and 15th of the month, of course, but what exact time, PDT?
I can't say for the exact time, sorry. I'm on the west coast as well though and if it helps at all, I've always been able to go on the very last day of the month and download it right at midnight when my free bandwidth time starts. Same for the 15th.. I go on the night of the 15th/morning of the 16th at midnight and there it is. So, whatever time they become available it's before midnight each night. The Castlevania one I think was available in the afternoon. I remember I made a post on this topic about it but I can't recall the exact time.

Editing to add that it's 10pm PST right now and the Meet the Robbinsons is showing as free. I have 2hrs before I can try and download it still or it will count against my monthly bandwidth. I don't have Xbox One so not sure if the other game is free yet.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.