Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games with Gold Revealed for July 2019

AuthorMessage
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 29 June 19 at 22:41, Edited on 29 June 19 at 22:42 by HawkeyeBarry20
Very excited for Inside but I just bought it a couple weeks ago. No interest in Casrlevania but I’ve almost picked up Meet the Robinson’s a couple times so very glad to see this. The other game I might play just because right now I do have four controllers so I can do the local achievement one, we’ll see.

I also wanted to give a big thumbs up to how this article was written as giving a good overview of the months goodies. I hope this continues.
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 29 June 19 at 22:45
REDWINGS05 said:
I love the way this article was written. Can't remember if this is the normal format or not but if not, please keep this moving forward. Very well written and good insight/overview of each game.
Hi!

We haven't used this specifically for GwG reveals, but this is piggybacking off of how I have been formatting the "easy games" round-up from the last sale plus adding in similar details on the Game Pass Leaving Soon stories. I'm glad you like it!

ChewieOnIce said:
nirvana8193 said:
Can anyone say for sure if MTR, will be GWG in UK? Or if it will be something else?
I’d say it’s doubtful. When regions don’t have a game they usually get an alternative. Unfortunately that’s usually one of a limited set of options.
I wasn't even aware it was unavailable in the UK, I'll be honest. It's unusual for that information to be excluded from the Xbox Wire post. I'll keep an eye out.
Mannschaft570
Mannschaft570
Posted on 29 June 19 at 22:48, Edited on 29 June 19 at 22:50 by Mannschaft570
The Crissaegrim sword in SotN completely breaks the game and isn't even hard to get, if it's the hardest 100% of the bunch, it's a very good month for completionists.
spankyNspronkle
Posted on 29 June 19 at 22:51
Not a bad month for achievement hunters...

2 easy games that can be done in 5 hours or so
1 easy game that can be done in 10 or so
1 easy game that takes 20

No DLC... No discontinued... No unobtainables.
XGN AlexLol
XGN AlexLol
Posted on 29 June 19 at 22:55
Dear god the free games keep getting worse and worse...
nirvana8193
nirvana8193
Posted on 29 June 19 at 23:00
ChewieOnIce said:
nirvana8193 said:
Can anyone say for sure if MTR, will be GWG in UK? Or if it will be something else?
I’d say it’s doubtful. When regions don’t have a game they usually get an alternative. Unfortunately that’s usually one of a limited set of options.
Ok, thanks. If that's the case, when do you usually find out what the replacement game is? Are we talking, literally; on the 16th to find out?
Sally I hear something, stop, STOP!
nirvana8193
nirvana8193
Posted on 29 June 19 at 23:05
kintaris said:
REDWINGS05 said:
I love the way this article was written. Can't remember if this is the normal format or not but if not, please keep this moving forward. Very well written and good insight/overview of each game.
Hi!

We haven't used this specifically for GwG reveals, but this is piggybacking off of how I have been formatting the "easy games" round-up from the last sale plus adding in similar details on the Game Pass Leaving Soon stories. I'm glad you like it!

ChewieOnIce said:
nirvana8193 said:
I wasn't even aware it was unavailable in the UK, I'll be honest. It's unusual for that information to be excluded from the Xbox Wire post. I'll keep an eye out.
Yeah, I had at strange feeling as soon as I saw the announcement. It was one of those "I'm sure I've read something, somewhere" but just brushed it off. It wasn't till I checked the forum here that my fears were confirmed. It's a damn shame, because I was looking forward to the easy GS.... Hey ho.

roll
Leo Ascendent
Leo Ascendent
Posted on 29 June 19 at 23:12
Obligatory comment about y'all being whiney AF and forgetting Gold didn't launch with GWG, and how the games are a bonus, not an expectation. roll
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 29 June 19 at 23:12, Edited on 29 June 19 at 23:13 by Zorlac0666
Drew#9266 said:
I usually don't complain about the lineup, but WOW this one is... not very good at all. I can't believe they put Meet the Robinsons in there lol
One of the best games of all time and someone who doesn't usually complain is complaining. Goes to show people will complain just to be complaining. Like I'm doing now because I don't care what someone does or doesn't play.

Play it. It's great.

Castlevania. Not robinsons.
https://www.youtube.com/c/zorlac Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
MVPVincent
MVPVincent
Posted on 29 June 19 at 23:12
I'll be playing Symphony of the Night as soon as I can and MTR and Big Crown will be in the backlog for a long while.
I am a man of few words, but many riddles.
Jazz4Ever1929
Jazz4Ever1929
Posted on 29 June 19 at 23:13
Never heard of Inside and Castlevania SOTN. So why should I waste my time downloading them!?
Visions of Gore
Posted on 29 June 19 at 23:17
TrueAssassin86x said:
All six of Julys free games SUCK. (Xbox and PlayStation freebes) guess its a backlog month
I hope bitching about it made you less butthurt. You could always just, ya know, BUY a game you actually WANT to play. Silly idea, I know, but it works great for me.

If Inside is anything close to Limbo, then it's fantastic and makes the other 3 irrelevant to me.
Epic Louie
Epic Louie
Posted on 29 June 19 at 23:17
Decent month imo, plus they're easy gamerscore games.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 29 June 19 at 23:26
Jazz4Ever1929 said:
Never heard of Inside and Castlevania SOTN. So why should I waste my time downloading them!?
How does being uninformed on something make that something worthless? I don't see the connection.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
GsO Light
137,555 137,555 GamerScore
GsO Light
Posted on 29 June 19 at 23:28
Garbage as always
Visions of Gore
Posted on 29 June 19 at 23:39
Elyoh said:
Jazz4Ever1929 said:
How does being uninformed on something make that something worthless? I don't see the connection.
He's either being sarcastic or ignorant. I can't tell shock
Visions of Gore
Posted on 29 June 19 at 23:40
GsO Light said:
Garbage as always
Yeah? Well you're cabbage!wink
nirvana8193
nirvana8193
Posted on 29 June 19 at 23:49
Seeing SOTN on GWG, makes me wanna pick up the Castlevania collection a 1000x's more.
o Heres Jonny o
Posted on 29 June 19 at 23:49
GsO Light said:
Garbage as always
Some posts are so inspiring. Much like Oscar Wilde or Poe. Hell even Shakespeare cannot compare with this guy.

On another subject I'm in the UK and had a copy of meet the Robinsons. Didn't know it wasn't available digitally but there is hope for those that want it in the UK with GWG. If it works on a pal box physically does that mean it will digitally??
Happy Gaming
TinSigmund666
TinSigmund666
Posted on 29 June 19 at 23:54
SoTN is a must play in my book.
The SNES and NES versions were sidescrollers. SoTN is what fans refer to as Metroidvania.
Once you finish the game, you play the game again.
(But this time with the entire map upside down 😃)

Actually one of the first games I downloaded as a demo on Xbox360 and the first I bought!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.