TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Discussion - Spoiler Free

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 01 July 19 at 00:00
Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to ask questions about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, report in as you make your way through the game for the first time, and otherwise keep it all spoiler-free in here.
Koding
Koding
Posted on 01 July 19 at 00:05
Sadly, I do not have Witcher 3, nor do I have any plans to get it. So unless it's added to Game Pass before the end of the month, this will be the first month in a quite a while I haven't been able to pop an achievement in the TA Playlist game.
61 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,400 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
freedomgirl85
freedomgirl85
Posted on 01 July 19 at 00:21
so

is this game good for GTASC?
TromboneGuy360
Posted on 01 July 19 at 01:30
Don’t have this game, seen some gameplay though. I like Skyrim way better though. Might give it a try sometime. Working on getting my achievement percentage up though.
"Imagine if you only woke up tomorrow with the things you prayed for today."
I NVIII I
I NVIII I
Posted on 01 July 19 at 03:16
Might finally start my GOTY version of this and eventually get back to the original at some point later.
Arkzein
Arkzein
Posted on 01 July 19 at 06:04, Edited on 01 July 19 at 06:04 by Arkzein
Enjoy folks, best RPG since Baldur's Gate II IMHO, well worth 200 spare hours if you have them!
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 01 July 19 at 06:15
I'm curious to hear what old and new players alike think of the combat. Witcher combat has always been one of the biggest points of contention regarding the various iterations, and still seems to hold true for 3.

But I'm one of the weirdos that really likes it. So I'd like to hear what others think.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
n4k3dLEE
n4k3dLEE
Posted on 01 July 19 at 07:40
freedomgirl85 said:
so

I guess that depends on how quickly you can complete it. I mean it has a nice TA score but I imagine there's much better choices out there for GTASC ammo than a 200 hour RPG.

With regards to the game, I bought the GOTY edition a while back. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tackle this beast? I'm not keen on following walkthroughs for games like this but is there any achievements that can be easily missed?

I would prefer to not have to run through it all twice even though I may end up stacking it if I really enjoy the game! laugh
Ginn0rz
Ginn0rz
Posted on 01 July 19 at 09:32
Arkzein said:
Enjoy folks, best RPG since Baldur's Gate II IMHO, well worth 200 spare hours if you have them!
Yeah. This is exactly why I'll never be able to start games like these... The demands of work and family are not conducive!
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 01 July 19 at 10:36, Edited on 01 July 19 at 10:39 by TheMaize
n4k3dLEE said:
freedomgirl85 said:
so

I guess that depends on how quickly you can complete it. I mean it has a nice TA score but I imagine there's much better choices out there for GTASC ammo than a 200 hour RPG.

With regards to the game, I bought the GOTY edition a while back. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tackle this beast? I'm not keen on following walkthroughs for games like this but is there any achievements that can be easily missed?

I would prefer to not have to run through it all twice even though I may end up stacking it if I really enjoy the game! laugh
Yes. there is quite a few missable achievements, depending on choices you take.
So if you dont wanna play through it twice, i would suggest you atleast look up the missable ones, to see what you shouldnt do wrong.

There is SO much story in it though. that those few spoilers shouldnt do anything to ruin the experience :o)

Edit:
I just looked at the sites walkthrough.
There is actually hardly any spoilers in it...
If nothing else, you should browse it occasionaly to see which missable achievements you are closing up to
HarpCity
HarpCity
Posted on 01 July 19 at 13:44
Koding said:
Sadly, I do not have Witcher 3, nor do I have any plans to get it. So unless it's added to Game Pass before the end of the month, this will be the first month in a quite a while I haven't been able to pop an achievement in the TA Playlist game.
If it wasn’t available for free last year with Gold, I probably never would have gotten it either.

I can’t believe how much I fell in love with this game considering I’ve never played its predecessors, nor do I really play open world RPG’s. But wow this game was so great that the long completion didn’t even feel like a grind for the most part.

I also can’t believe how much I loved GWENT laugh
RuhanR
RuhanR
Posted on 01 July 19 at 13:45
Hello! Was super happy to finally have an excuse to start the game. I bought the Complete Edition about 2 years ago and have never played it.

Sadly, the opening video is stuttering and spluttering so badly that I cannot imagine how I am going to play this game. I have sat here for 30 minutes watching the video stop and start at intervals. Never had this happen before. Anyone know about a fix for such a problem?

I am using an Xbox One X. Any ideas on what the issue might be?
Koding
Koding
Posted on 01 July 19 at 14:05
HarpCity said:
If it wasn’t available for free last year with Gold, I probably never would have gotten it either.
Wait...Witcher 3 was Games with Gold last year? Then I do have it. Guess I'll have to load it and give it a shot.
61 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,400 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
HarpCity
HarpCity
Posted on 01 July 19 at 14:11
Koding said:
HarpCity said:
Wait...Witcher 3 was Games with Gold last year? Then I do have it. Guess I'll have to load it and give it a shot.
Hmm...now that I’m looking it up, I guess it wasn’t a games with gold...must’ve just been a really good deal for the GOTY edition that I grabbed. Sorry if I got your hopes up roll
Koding
Koding
Posted on 01 July 19 at 14:17
HarpCity said:
Koding said:
HarpCity said:
Hmm...now that I’m looking it up, I guess it wasn’t a games with gold...must’ve just been a really good deal for the GOTY edition that I grabbed. Sorry if I got your hopes up roll
Bummer. I was about to question why it wasn't in my 'Ready to Install' list. Witcher 2 was GwG a while back but it doesn't look like Witcher 3 has joined it...yet.
NeoMaster47
NeoMaster47
Posted on 01 July 19 at 14:47
A year ago I saw a video of this game, it really caught my attention; I'm going to download it to play.
~Neo~
Arkzein
Arkzein
Posted on 01 July 19 at 16:22, Edited on 01 July 19 at 16:24 by Arkzein
Ginn0rz said:
Arkzein said:
Yeah. This is exactly why I'll never be able to start games like these... The demands of work and family are not conducive!
Same here to be honest, the only reason I finally got around to it was because I had an extended break from work when heading overseas, otherwise it'd be 6 months or more on one game. (For me that means missing out on 5-6 others or thereabouts). In this case I'd say it's worth it even at that, but who really knows before diving into one of the mammoth AAA epics. I expect Cyberpunk will have to get the same treatment from me!
Only1PJA
Only1PJA
Posted on 01 July 19 at 17:37
I tried this on PS4 but couldn't get to grips with it so sold it. A few months later I felt I hadnt given it a fair shake and, since it was on a really good digital sale, bought it for the One - loved it so much that I then went out and bought the GOTY edition which I sank near enough 200hours in for just one playthrough. Then bought the GOTY edition digitally on PS4 and rebought the base game on disc - did another 150hours on that and will now go back to the One to continue my playthrough there to join in the TA playlist fun.

Later in the year I'll do PS4 GOTY and when it's released I'll be getting the Switch version too - not bad for a game i initially didn't like laugh
ZW
ZW
Posted on 01 July 19 at 20:24
It’s an awesome game. Care went into making it. Cat school is the quickest build but griffin is more satisfying. You won’t finish this in a month unless you have no life.
??ZW???????????????????????????????????
The Globalizer
Posted on 01 July 19 at 20:43
CodeMonkeysGuy said:
I'm curious to hear what old and new players alike think of the combat. Witcher combat has always been one of the biggest points of contention regarding the various iterations, and still seems to hold true for 3.

But I'm one of the weirdos that really likes it. So I'd like to hear what others think.
I don't like it - at all - but I make it work, and once you're good at it, it fades into the background a bit. Until you get curb-stomped by a high-level gargoyle or earth elemental, or a pack of level 5 wolves, at which point controllers fly. laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.