TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Discussion - Spoiler Free

AuthorMessage
MagicalChild
MagicalChild
Posted on 08 July 19 at 13:33
Probably won't be unlocking an achievement this month since I haven't even started Witcher 2 and don't want to play them out of order.
I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!
BwF SmokeBudnSF
BwF SmokeBudnSF
Posted on 08 July 19 at 22:57
^ Same. Really wish Mass Effect won so I can get started on that series. Got a long way to go
Zekling
Zekling
Posted on 10 July 19 at 19:15
Mikasz said:
Guys. if you have both DLCs (especially B&W), start stacking up gold from the very beginning. If you think you have enough, you're wrong. I started both DLC when having 30k and guess what.

Also you don't really need to buy regular items at shops. Witcher gear is superior.

If you kill someone, take that useless sword and sell it. Gather gold, sell what you don't need (so 99% of items) and move on.
Considering I'm still at the beginning, I'll be sure to take this advice throughout the game :)
JohnnyInterfnk
Posted on 11 July 19 at 16:39
Love this game, its one of my top games of the Xbox One era.

The best part of this game by far, and why I put it up in my top games of all time, is how crunchy each quest is, whether it is a main quest or a side quest. There's no "filler" in this game -- each side quest has an interesting storyline and a well thought out narrative.

Love that a lot of situations have choices with no good outcomes, much like real life.

The DLCs of this game, especially Blood & Wine can be games in and of themselves, are excellent in quality, and are the gold standard of what DLC should be.

An all around wonderfully crafted game.

Also, if you're just starting the game, I recommend playing on higher difficulty. A lot of this game centers on doing investigations on what kind of creature you'll track down, and preparing accordingly with potions and oils (which have to be prepared ahead of time). On easy difficulties, you can brute force yourself through these fights, which really shortchanges you on the excellent alchemy system. Try it on hard settings, I think you'll see its a better experience because of this...
JohnnyInterfnk
Posted on 11 July 19 at 16:41
Oh, and in honor of TAPlaylist month (and especially since I was on vacation last week and will be out of town again next week, so don'[t have time to delve into this game again), we're playing the Witcher TT RPG this month. Will report back on that smile
sjpsjpsjp
sjpsjpsjp
Posted on 11 July 19 at 18:58
Looking forward to starting this!
The Globalizer
Posted on 12 July 19 at 04:39
Zekling said:
Mikasz said:
Guys. if you have both DLCs (especially B&W), start stacking up gold from the very beginning. If you think you have enough, you're wrong. I started both DLC when having 30k and guess what.

Also you don't really need to buy regular items at shops. Witcher gear is superior.

If you kill someone, take that useless sword and sell it. Gather gold, sell what you don't need (so 99% of items) and move on.
Considering I'm still at the beginning, I'll be sure to take this advice throughout the game :)
tbh, you'll have plenty of time to pile up gold in Skellige. Smuggler caches all over the goddamn place, tons of relic gear in them. I gave up exploring them once I got to 100k gold, and I had lots left.
pjameleven
pjameleven
Posted on 13 July 19 at 22:15
I bought the GOTY edition about a year ago and it was sitting in my backlog so I was happy to have an excuse to dive into it. I've never played any of the Witcher games before or read the books so I came into this knowing nothing. I'm about 6-7 hours in and so far I'm really enjoying it. The story wasn't too hard to follow has started to suck me in. I've also started getting into Gwent after not really caring about it to start with.

My only complaint so far is I'm not a huge fan of the combat like some others have mentioned. It's not horrible but it's also not great IMO. I just finished playing Shadow of Mordor before starting this so my combat expectations were probably a little unrealistic. laugh

Looking forward to playing it more over the next couple of weeks. I'm also in the GTASC so I'll probably have to stop playing for a while once we get past the next week or two and it gets harder to stay above elimination.

TL:DR - Never played any Witcher game before and really enjoying Wild Hunt.
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 14 July 19 at 18:16
A month is not enough to finish this game, c'mon. smile

I can't look at this game and not think about what could've been - the graphics downgrade was huge from what they've shown in 2013-2014.
I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
GRAND NOBLE
GRAND NOBLE
Posted yesterday at 20:50, Edited yesterday at 20:52 by GRAND NOBLE
THere's a BUNCH of Witcher 3 things free for download right now... some looks like DLC, or expansion missions, some are skins, etc.

Check this blog here on TA, and search for 'witcher 3'

HolyHalfDead's blog post - More Free Stuff

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Fools Gold quest FREE
- Where the Cat and Wolf Play quest FREE
- Contract: Missing Miners quest FREE
- Contract: Skellige's Most Wanted quest FREE
- Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear quest FREE
- Alternative Look for Ciri FREE
- Alternative Look for Triss FREE
- Alternative Look for Yennefer FREE
- Elite Crossbow Set FREE
- Nilfgaardian Armor Set FREE
- Skellige Armor Set FREE
- Temerian Armor Set FREE
- New Game + FREE
- New Finisher Animations FREE
- Beard and Hairstyle Set FREE
- "Ballad Heroes" Neutral Gwent Card Set FREE
Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
Syze Tricky
Syze Tricky
Posted today at 16:34
GRAND NOBLE said:
THere's a BUNCH of Witcher 3 things free for download right now... some looks like DLC, or expansion missions, some are skins, etc.
To be fair, those have always been free and always will be as they were designed as free DLC.
Taillear Dubh
Taillear Dubh
Posted today at 17:04
I'm probably gonna wait on this one... I want to go back and start at the beginning of the series. No time to do that in only two weeks.
Cylon 118
Cylon 118
Posted today at 17:57
Just finished 2 that took 2 weeks and am downloading 3 as we speak. Know it is much longer but have more free time for the next few weeks so will be able to play more anyway!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.