Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 09 July 19 at 07:40
laugh Absolutely!
Play nice!
DenverMax27
DenverMax27
Posted on 09 July 19 at 11:45
Argh, was having an issue last night where my achievements weren't popping up on-screen, so I accidentally earned 10 in The Council before realizing what was happening facepalm Sooo wasted a lot of time playing a good chunk of that game, and upping its completion percentage, sigh. I have a half-day at work today though so I'm looking forward to getting home in the afternoon and continuing my dive! I have at least five more titles I plan on diving into.

This is my first year and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far! dive
Blaizicus
Blaizicus
Posted on 10 July 19 at 22:23
232 is my sticking point :) nearly 5k achievements to recover. :)
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 10 July 19 at 22:47
Blaizicus said:
232 is my sticking point :) nearly 5k achievements to recover. :)
Best of luck! My goal is 250 but I'm feeling tired at 17 already. redface
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 10 July 19 at 23:13
More peanut, less blubber!
Play nice!
A Dreadful Shot
Posted on 11 July 19 at 02:26
Curious, anyone know when the badge is supposed to update?
Best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. Second best time is today.
rekikire
rekikire
Posted on 11 July 19 at 03:18
A Dreadful Shot said:
Curious, anyone know when the badge is supposed to update?
After the event finishes.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 11 July 19 at 05:29
Trying to dive Yoku’s Island Express and I should have gotten three achievements already but nothing is popping. It’s weird too because some achievements are tracking. I guess I’ll just wait and they’ll pop at some random day. It will be like finding money in a pants pocket you haven’t worn in a while.
rekikire
rekikire
Posted on 11 July 19 at 07:36
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
Trying to dive Yoku’s Island Express and I should have gotten three achievements already but nothing is popping. It’s weird too because some achievements are tracking. I guess I’ll just wait and they’ll pop at some random day. It will be like finding money in a pants pocket you haven’t worn in a while.
I find this happens a lot, especially if I've been playing a lot. Pull the power cord out the back of your xbox to do a full reset. That normally fixes it.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 11 July 19 at 13:15
rekikire said:
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
I find this happens a lot, especially if I've been playing a lot. Pull the power cord out the back of your xbox to do a full reset. That normally fixes it.
I’ll have to give it a try. Luckily I just tried starting up a new game and it popped the first achievement when it was supposed to. Maybe the other two will be right behind it.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 12 July 19 at 05:19
So I just finished my dive and my favorite game through the first achievement had to be Nier Automata, very different and fun. Yoku Island Express was also very good. My least favorite was Race the Sun, hated the controls and thought I don’t think I even want to play this and at that exact moment I hit level three and popped an achievement.

I was going to dive too human but once I found the right analog stick swung my sword instead of moving the camera I quit the game and uninstalled it. Couldn’t get passed the terrible camera angles and kept swinging my sword trying to adjust.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 12 July 19 at 07:24
Nier was my favourite from last year. I've also deleted stuff that was so bad I didn't want to get that first achievement either. laugh
Play nice!
Osmo76
Osmo76
Posted on 12 July 19 at 08:14
Not a fan of diving (frankly I don't even really get it), but wanted to join the event so I dove two games. Went from 98.25% to 97.82%. Brutal.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 12 July 19 at 09:19
It the thought that counts, right?
Play nice!
Lucas Kell
Lucas Kell
Posted on 12 July 19 at 12:38
I was aiming to be top of the games dived board, but I think I'm going to run out of games before I make it cry

When I've looked at previous years boards, some people seemed to dive multiple times months apart, and they all get added together. Is this a thing that happens or once it gets to 15th is the leaderboard set in stone?
rekikire
rekikire
Posted on 12 July 19 at 23:21
Lucas Kell said:
I was aiming to be top of the games dived board, but I think I'm going to run out of games before I make it cry

When I've looked at previous years boards, some people seemed to dive multiple times months apart, and they all get added together. Is this a thing that happens or once it gets to 15th is the leaderboard set in stone?
You can add to games counted on the leaderboard up until you finish your dive. You only need to start the dive during the period to count on the leaderboard.
Lucas Kell
Lucas Kell
Posted on 13 July 19 at 08:30
Oh, that's odd. I would have thought the leaderboard would stop at the end of the allotted time. Otherwise it's pretty much guaranteed that the people at the top of the leaderboard are the ones that never finish their dive and have no plan to enter the recovery phase.
Dingadilly
Dingadilly
Posted on 13 July 19 at 11:30
I really wouldn't worry about leaderboard finishing position. The spirit of the dive and recovery claw back is what its all about.

I've personally found quite a few back logged non starters that have piqued my interests, resident evil 2, starlink and wwz chief among them.
Lucas Kell
Lucas Kell
Posted on 13 July 19 at 12:24
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not particularly worried about it, it just seems odd to me that ultimately the people at the top of the leaderboard will be the people who aren't interested in the spirit of the dive and the recovery.

Personally, I'm going as hard as I can on diving and will be seeking to recover as many of the 3000+ achievements I'll need to get back up within the year smile

It's been good because it really has shown me a fair number of games that I'd probably have not tried but that look like they'll be really interesting to play.
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 13 July 19 at 12:29
I was #1 on one of these dives ;-;
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.