AuthorMessage
Lucas Kell
Lucas Kell
Posted on 13 July 19 at 12:36
Congrats, are you still #1 on it now? smile
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 13 July 19 at 12:47
Nah, not this time. didn't have the time and effort, was a pretty shallow dive this time around, might even be able to recover it laugh
spookyhurst
spookyhurst
Posted on 13 July 19 at 22:16
Finished my dive with 50 games. World to the West took 2.5 hours to get to the first achievement!
Steve Shep
Steve Shep
Posted on 14 July 19 at 00:39, Edited on 14 July 19 at 00:39 by Steve Shep
That's me done 292 should keep me busy for a while . Really looking forward to playing metro exodus it looks amazing on the X
Lucas Kell
Lucas Kell
Posted on 14 July 19 at 00:47, Edited on 14 July 19 at 00:48 by Lucas Kell
I've just finished too. 300 games, need 3553 achievements to recover. I thought for sure I'd get up tomorrow to see you overtaking me on games Steve smile

Your achievements needed for recovery is insane.
Ginn0rz
Ginn0rz
Posted on 16 July 19 at 11:38, Edited on 16 July 19 at 11:39 by Ginn0rz
Are you able to continue diving even though the competition period has closed? I ended my dive manually because I thought I would run out of time to do the last games in my collection.
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 16 July 19 at 11:38
yes
Ginn0rz
Ginn0rz
Posted on 16 July 19 at 11:39
Bugger. If I'd known that I wouldn't have ended it manually. I have another 4 or 5 games I would have liked to include in it.
LiquidAg
LiquidAg
Posted on 16 July 19 at 17:30
Ginn0rz said:
Bugger. If I'd known that I wouldn't have ended it manually. I have another 4 or 5 games I would have liked to include in it.
I didn't realize that, either, Ginn0rz. I was trying to start Dead by Daylight, but I'm having support issues and I couldn't include it in my dive. I would've waited to see if it got sorted out, had I known you could end a dive after the competition period closed.

Oh well; no big deal.
"I have a bad feeling about this..."
FinderKeeper
FinderKeeper
Posted on 17 July 19 at 20:40
I've never been likely to be in the running for the Bean Dive leaderboards (which are the reason for the fixed competition period), so I take my time with the dive... as long as I remember to start it within that two-week window, I'm good. I'm a casual/recreational gamer, and I just don't do more than 5-8 games a day, Bean Dive or otherwise.

I've been diving 360 games first, probably only half-done with those, and then on to Xbox One games. If I'm finished with my dive by the end of July, I'll be happy.

I'm also realizing that since my completion percentage is so low to begin with (as I've never recovered from previous dives), and because I've started so many games, the percentage isn't likely to go down a whole lot more. laugh dive
"That was such über-pwnage." --Kyle Broflovski
Bad Kermit
Bad Kermit
Posted on 23 July 19 at 20:20
I love this event (thanks, Beanpotter and the TA staff!), and I wanted to share an obvious trick which most of you have probably already thought of. With the addition of Groups on the One, I set up a "Bean Dive 2019" group, and put all the games in my dive into that group. Then, I pinned it to my home screen. If you're trying to stick within your popped games, it makes it easy to browse around and play what you feel like playing.

Also, I had two games that I want to play that had achievements that just wouldn't pop. Rather than obsess about it, I added those games to the group. I know they're not "officially" in my dive, but I feel like the spirit of the event is to get us into our backlogs, and these are on mine.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 24 July 19 at 08:37
That's a good idea, thanks.
Play nice!
wolfsburgraz
wolfsburgraz
Posted on 24 July 19 at 15:39, Edited on 24 July 19 at 15:41 by wolfsburgraz
Bad Kermit said:
With the addition of Groups on the One, I set up a "Bean Dive 2019" group, and put all the games in my dive into that group. Then, I pinned it to my home screen. If you're trying to stick within your popped games, it makes it easy to browse around and play what you feel like playing.
I do this as well, it certainly makes it easier to find the games you started than sifting through a wall of tiles if you have a mountain of games installed. I have two groups of 30 titles sorted alphabetically and called them Bean Dive 2019 GR1 and GR2.

I'm doing a better job of actually playing my dive games this year. I did the Xbox grouping for 2018 and even though I had a pile of games I really intended to play and finish, I only got through 5 or 6 of them to completion. I went fairly deep into a few others, and not a single other achievement unlocked in many of them.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 25 July 19 at 20:01
I always create a goal, I set it to the exact completion % needed and a year later. Helps me know if I’m on track on or not.
Bad Kermit
Bad Kermit
Posted on 27 July 19 at 03:53
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
I always create a goal, I set it to the exact completion % needed and a year later. Helps me know if I’m on track on or not.
Ooo, good idea.
Sir Paulygon
Sir Paulygon
Posted on 01 August 19 at 13:42, Edited on 01 August 19 at 13:43 by Sir Paulygon
Never did receive a badge for participating in this. Reached out to a couple of the organizers, but haven't heard back yet -- been over a week, at least.
Koding
Koding
Posted on 01 August 19 at 16:05
Sir Paulygon said:
Never did receive a badge for participating in this. Reached out to a couple of the organizers, but haven't heard back yet -- been over a week, at least.
Odd, it's showing on your community events page:

Sir Paulygon's Communityevents

but yeah, I don't see the badge. I'll ask around.
62 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,500 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
Sir Paulygon
Sir Paulygon
Posted on 01 August 19 at 16:10
There's the proof! laugh

Yeah, I thought it was odd too. Thanks for looking into it. I will continue waiting until it magically shows up one day. :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.