Game Discussion: Astroneer Forum

I don't understand how people are 100%-ing this.

AuthorMessage
Paul Laserbeam
Paul Laserbeam
Posted on 01 July 19 at 18:53, Edited on 01 July 19 at 18:54 by Paul Laserbeam
All I had left was the Glacio engine and a few gateways on Sylva. I can no longer save my game in any way or it will crash, nor can I go anywhere near Glacio's Engine or it will crash. MY save is trashed. How are people finishing this pile of shit?
Paul Laserbeam
Paul Laserbeam
Posted on 04 July 19 at 05:50
90 views, no answer. mmk
HowMuch
HowMuch
Posted on 06 July 19 at 13:14
It's bugged, once your the save becomes to big it will not save anymore.
Vittror
Vittror
Posted on 02 August 19 at 22:15
For my main file I just had a base on Sylva, once I gathered titanium and iron I just crafted a Trade Plat. and used that to build a large rover, RTG and 32 small batteries, then used those to jump from planet to planet with the portable nuclear reactor.
RedBlinky
RedBlinky
Posted on 23 August 19 at 23:50
Same problem here game is super unstable it just crashes on glacio and because it auto saves I'm stuck in an infinite crashing loop
JSleez
JSleez
Posted on 25 August 19 at 23:23
I was having same problem, until I switched to doing it in single player. Are you guys playing with anyone else by chance when your game crashes?
LAUGHINGOCTOPU5
Posted on 26 August 19 at 00:45
i've been playing it on Win10 it's way more stable and the controls are better suited for keyboard in my opinion. I just don't think the game was well optimised for console and was probably hastly ported to xbox.

I'm at the dull "near end" part where im just going planet to planet powering up the purple alien stuff.
RedBlinky
RedBlinky
Posted on 27 August 19 at 15:55
LAUGHINGOCTOPU5 said:
i've been playing it on Win10 it's way more stable and the controls are better suited for keyboard in my opinion. I just don't think the game was well optimised for console and was probably hastly ported to xbox.

I'm at the dull "near end" part where im just going planet to planet powering up the purple alien stuff.
Can I transfer my xbox save to pc?
LAUGHINGOCTOPU5
Posted on 28 August 19 at 08:28
RedBlinky said:
After waiting an eternity for it to load on my xbox one. Yes, cloud saves work for this game.
Vittror
Vittror
Posted on 28 August 19 at 14:52
RedBlinky said:
Yes and No;

Yes, you can transfer over cloud saves from the Play Anywhere version. No, you cannot transfer over saves from other platforms including steam.

Depends on what you are pulling from.
RedBlinky
RedBlinky
Posted on 30 August 19 at 23:45
I have it on xbox trying to get it on PC but I cant even get the game to run I'm way above minimum specs and it just pops up a static image sets their a while and then closes
LAUGHINGOCTOPU5
Posted on 01 September 19 at 02:03
Never had anything like that happen. are you sure your grapics drivers are all up-to-date?

also I 100% completed astroneer this week. endgame is super boring driving around in a truck with 8 RTG's generators looking for pillars of light in the sky was super dull. maybe 7 crashes total throughout the entire playthrough.
InkyPaws
329,090 329,090 GamerScore
InkyPaws
Posted on 06 September 19 at 20:03
Ah, good to know it might work on PC. Mines crashing on save if I try to save after finishing Glacio as well.

Apparently there have been known issues with save crashing for ages (i.e before it was even ported) but they give us stupid shit updates instead of fixing it.
freedomgirl85
freedomgirl85
Posted on 06 September 19 at 23:41
100 percent it?

I don't understand how people complete the tutorial in this horrible game
InkyPaws
329,090 329,090 GamerScore
InkyPaws
Posted on 07 September 19 at 09:28
Found a sort of work around - save on the satellite and use the cores to move as much stuff as you can to Glacio, then build another large shuttle etcetc to go to Artox.

I'm going to build a trading station and get most of the materials that way.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.