Game Discussion: Minecraft Forum

Possible ToS Issue Downloading Minecraft Worlds through Xbox Console?

AuthorMessage
Greenshell48
Greenshell48
Posted on 02 July 19 at 23:52
So I came across some tutorials on how to download worlds, such as the ones used in the walkthrough, directly to the Xbox One version of Minecraft without having to use another device or version of Minecraft. While they accomplish this through the use of apps from the Xbox marketplace (UFO.Transfer and File Downloader specifically) through what I'm assuming is an approved function of those apps (why would Microsoft allow apps that it doesn't approve of), I can't help but worry that this all goes against the Xbox One's terms of service. Is this a valid worry or am I just being paranoid? Sorry if the answer is obvious but this stuff tends to go over my head and I don't want to do anything that would get me banned from my Xbox or this site.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 03 July 19 at 01:58
I don't believe that Microsoft would care.

It would get your profile untracked on this site though, if it was possible to prove.
The only reason that using achievement world's on the PC is allowed, is because it's an ingame feature. When you have to use thirdpartyapps and programs, it's not.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 03 July 19 at 02:20
If the app is on the Xbox marketplace i think thats a different story for the the third party but since they are not doing anything modding or otherwise to get the files on the. There quite a few apps that allow writing files to the console.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 03 July 19 at 03:57, Edited on 03 July 19 at 04:22 by TheMaize
On the marketplace or not...it's still third party.

It would also breach the rules of game saving. The fact that all other versions than this and the 360 version allows you to share world's are irrelevant. If the question had been about Lego world's or something completely different, I think your answer had been different.

So from what I read, it's against the sites policy.

In the his case I guess it's a matter of interpretation. So I guess only the investigation manager could 100% answer that.

Allowed or not. There is no way neither MS or TA would know if you unlocked it in the he way you mention, or you joined another person's achievementworld.

So this is one of those examples, where you just discuss quietly with yourself if it's ok or not. And then just don't talk too much about it.
Greenshell48
Greenshell48
Posted on 03 July 19 at 05:01
Yeah that was my gut feeling on it as well but I wanted to ask people with a better understanding of it than I do. It's more important to me that I'm not violating anything than taking a shortcut on achievements so I'll just play it safe. Thanks for the responses!
BUSHEE BROW
BUSHEE BROW
Posted on 28 July 19 at 01:10, Edited on 28 July 19 at 01:53 by BUSHEE BROW
TheMaize said:
I don't believe that Microsoft would care.

The only reason that using achievement world's on the PC is allowed, is because it's an in game feature. .
Now that is interesting. What exactly does that mean? You can switch from creative to peaceful while in game, and still earn achievements, without any hanky-panky like you used to have to do on the xbox 1?
lightsup55
lightsup55
Posted on 30 August 19 at 09:33
Investigations Questions Forum would be the better place to ask this.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 30 August 19 at 13:58, Edited on 30 August 19 at 14:08 by Spilner
Without proof of what someone does it would be pointless wasting their time asking there.

Edit: Also after trying a while back its not hard to do at all and uses things on the console itself so its not against any rules imo.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.