Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass List: New Games for Console and PC in July

AuthorMessage
Matodion 1st
Matodion 1st
Posted on 04 July 19 at 06:02
https://disqus.com/home/channel/xboxchannelone/
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 04 July 19 at 06:22
Matodion 1st said:Why? 🤔
Matthew
Leo Ascendent
Leo Ascendent
Posted on 04 July 19 at 06:35
Kanchanaburi said:
i was excited about the inclusion of DR4 on the PC until I saw the achievement list. an unobtainable with very few people completing the other higher ratio. no thankss. makes me believe there is stability problems and much more to hurdle over.

BUT

I knew it was going to happen. Shadow of war!!! yeah.... I would also say that RE7 will be added on or before halloween. best to wait and stop buying games.

I am beginning to stack up a backlog of game pass games that I really want to play!
Just don't be one of those guys who complains a game they wanted to play gets removed laugh
BiLLzuMaNaTi
BiLLzuMaNaTi
Posted on 04 July 19 at 07:09
Dead Rising 4 is awesome but ruined by the multiplayer
YouTube: AchievementLand
WhitestAFI2ICAN
Posted on 04 July 19 at 07:16
TinSigmund666 said:
I should warn people Lego City; Undercover takes LONG. And it can have a glitch with certain items that are count as destroyed and yet not destroyed. When you know your Lego games this is a game breaking glitch.
Many friends of mine destroyed 99 rocks but the last one would not show up thus 99,9%....
Is there a way to avoid this game glitching you out of the 100%? On the x360a guides they haven’t listed any glitches.
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 04 July 19 at 08:36
Undertale!

Heard great things.

Also tempted a bit by Shadow of War. Shame I can only get an hour maximum a night at the moment.
crewdy4923
crewdy4923
Posted on 04 July 19 at 12:31
Boss Complex said:
dead rising 4 is easily the worst dead rising game.
"fans mostly found a game that was just too similar to NOTHING LIKE THE previous entries." fixed it for you.
Glad I'm not the only person who thought this. People hated the game for the exact OPPOSITE of what this post says.

That said, it really wasn't as bad of a game as people made it out to be, it just wasn't quite on the DR blueprint that people are used to. It's biggest downfall was the lack of co-op, which is what made the series so popular to start with.

They excelled at DR2 and then lost their way a bit :(
x TheGunny89 x
Posted on 04 July 19 at 14:13
BushidoBrown305 said:
As a long time fan of the series, Dead rising 4 was awful

And it had nothing to do with “returning to the original setting or character” It’s because they made him a shell of himself, took away co-op campaign, replaced psychos, got rid of the time deadlines, etc

That said, maybe now I’ll find people to do the multiplayer blueprints with laugh
^
This

I remember when they said "hey, Frank is back guys!" I'm like who's that? It's not the same character model and they didn't bother to have the original voice actor back.
buttmudBrooks
buttmudBrooks
Posted on 04 July 19 at 14:18
There are some good additions here but I have most of the ones I like. This is fine because it won't force me to start due to time constraints.

On topic of Game Pass but off topic of games: does anyone know if movie pre-order purchases count toward the movie purchase/rental punch card in GP quests?
Always number 2.
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 04 July 19 at 14:37
Visions of Gore said:
BegFourMercy said:
Is there are reason to buy games? The Game Pass keeps delivering. Thank goodness I held off on Dead Rising 4 and Middle Earth: Shadow of War. Will the Assassin Creeds be pulled in soon?

Not liking the Gears 5 title. Make it Gears of War 5 please. Or just GOW 5.
Yeah gamepass is the bomb. Only reasons to buy now is
1. Day one purchase cuz you don't wanna wait
2. Support the developers
3. You plan on playing it after it inevitably leaves GP

I've already owned SOOOOOOO many GWG and GP games I quit getting mad. I do only buy a game for one of those three reasons now though.
Game-flix. It's coming.
Vinn nniV
Vinn nniV
Posted on 04 July 19 at 15:04
... why there is not easy-to-see list of the coming games?
Outlawed Torn
Outlawed Torn
Posted on 04 July 19 at 16:16, Edited on 04 July 19 at 16:16 by Outlawed Torn
My Time at Portia and Undertale are out now and both do not have achievements on PC.
Bsmittel
Bsmittel
Posted on 04 July 19 at 22:51
Yeah sucks they set the precedent already that Game Pass for PC games don't have to always do achievements so won't be very many publishers that are going to go out of their way to do them now. I'd probably skip the service but since I'm locked into Ultimate for another 35 months anyway it's whatever. If it ever goes off on it's own, won't be much value to me.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 05 July 19 at 00:32
Bsmittel said:
Yeah sucks they set the precedent already that Game Pass for PC games don't have to always do achievements so won't be very many publishers that are going to go out of their way to do them now. I'd probably skip the service but since I'm locked into Ultimate for another 35 months anyway it's whatever. If it ever goes off on it's own, won't be much value to me.
The program is not even a month old, and there are plenty of PC games that don't have XBL functionality who would still want to participate in this program. For those developer shops, especially the indies, asking the developers to quickly add in XBL functionally that quickly is simply untenable. I'm sure Microsoft makes it as easy as they can to do, but it won't just be flipping a switch, even if the game exists on Xbox console itself.

Trust me, I want everything to end up being Play Anywhere eventually, but if the choice was between some of the great games on PC without achievements or everything has to have achievements and miss out on some games, the obvious choice is to get those great games included in the wonderful Game Pass program. If nothing else, a game successful enough in Game Pass may even get the resources to start adding in XBL based on that success.
Bsmittel
Bsmittel
Posted on 05 July 19 at 00:57, Edited on 05 July 19 at 00:59 by Bsmittel
Time will tell, and I understand what you're saying, but I also think there are built in expectations when you label something "XBOX" Game Pass for PC.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 05 July 19 at 03:05, Edited on 05 July 19 at 03:06 by xPut Name Herex
That's a fair statement I hadn't fully considered the implications of laugh. I would be ok if games not on Xbox console still join the pass on PC without Xbox functionality, if that's what it takes. But if you make it for PC and console, make it Xbox Play Anywhere (which would also mean achievements) already! smile
Anxsighety
Anxsighety
Posted on 06 July 19 at 08:34
BushidoBrown305 said:
As a long time fan of the series, Dead rising 4 was awful

And it had nothing to do with “returning to the original setting or character” It’s because they made him a shell of himself, took away co-op campaign, replaced psychos, got rid of the time deadlines, etc

That said, maybe now I’ll find people to do the multiplayer blueprints with laugh
I disagree - the game is by no means great, but now that they’ve fixed most of the early bugs, it’s okay. If you like the series you’ll like it, for the most part. I do hate what they made Frank though.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 07 July 19 at 06:18
LEGO CITY Undercover didn’t get linked to this news item for some reason.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
TheTokenHobo
TheTokenHobo
Posted on 11 July 19 at 18:03
Is there an easy way to tell if games have a separate list of achievements for pc and xbox ?
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 14 July 19 at 12:55
The author may want to cross out "Timespinner sadly doesn't have achievements on PC, so you might prefer to pick up the Xbox One version." You can now unlock achievements on PC. There was an earlier mention of "no achievements" that was crossed out, but the second mention was missed. I successfully unlocked an achievement on PC with an alt tag.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.