Game Discussion: Forza Motorsport 6 Forum

Design/Tune Achievements no longer obtainable???

AuthorMessage
Blue Papyrus
Blue Papyrus
Posted on 15 September 19 at 18:31
Chettlar said:
I don't understand why they can't just leave the achievement as "upload a design" and have it be that the achievement when you hit the "Upload" button instead of when the servers accept the design upload. That way, if servers are up, it goes up, but if you are a newcomer to the series, and you are interested in the game, and you want such a basic achievement for your completion, then no problem. It's not like it hurts anyone, and it ensures that for the same exploration of features, even if defunct, everyone still gets the achievement.

It seems like such a simple solution. Would reduce headache for everyone, developers too.
Devs then drag their feet when people ask for them to tend to it years down the road. Like you added the achievement in the first place, don't complain when others want you to fix a feature. roll
el p1nko
el p1nko
Posted on 16 September 19 at 19:14
So GWG is over and still no fix.
TheGillesMuller
Posted on 16 September 19 at 19:32
el p1nko said:
It's 1 day after.
Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
CrysisWarXX3
CrysisWarXX3
Posted on 18 September 19 at 06:59, Edited on 18 September 19 at 07:00 by CrysisWarXX3
Still waiting and waiting ..................... sleep
UnfurledEmu75
UnfurledEmu75
Posted on 18 September 19 at 07:44
I remember that the last forza servers were live a week before it ended gwg period. I just hope they dont forget about it...
Destroyer 3569
Posted on 18 September 19 at 09:51
Got confirmation they are fixing rivals last night but they didn't respond regarding the tunes and designs issue
Xtreme SSJ 3
Xtreme SSJ 3
Posted on 18 September 19 at 12:06
This went into games with gold and most of the game modes didn't work something they have known for over two weeks and still be fixing it and then they put into the end of life then everyone should get the achievement regardless of whether they attempted it or not
Maverick Hiro
Maverick Hiro
Posted on 19 September 19 at 10:48, Edited on 19 September 19 at 10:49 by Maverick Hiro
Updated two days ago on the support page:
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360035...
"The fear of Blood tends to create fear for the Flesh"
Chettlar
Chettlar
Posted on 20 September 19 at 07:17
Maverick Hiro said:Checked and it says updated 3 hours ago. I'm not sure what "updated" even means in this case. The content of the update hasn't changed.
MysticWeirdo
MysticWeirdo
Posted on 20 September 19 at 16:03
Chettlar said:
Maverick Hiro said:Checked and it says updated 3 hours ago. I'm not sure what "updated" even means in this case. The content of the update hasn't changed.
I think the updated time changes whenever someone marks it as helpful (or not helpful).
Maverick Hiro
Maverick Hiro
Posted on 20 September 19 at 16:22
MysticWeirdo said:
Chettlar said:
I think the updated time changes whenever someone marks it as helpful (or not helpful).
Just tested your theory and can confirm it's true. As soon as i voted on it, the update changed from "12 hours ago" to "a few seconds ago"...
"The fear of Blood tends to create fear for the Flesh"
el p1nko
el p1nko
Posted on 23 September 19 at 18:02
TheGillesMuller said:
el p1nko said:
It's 1 day after.
8 days and counting...
Arashi Sora
Arashi Sora
Posted on 24 September 19 at 08:09
yeah, this isn't going to be fixed. They've dropped support for the game. Someone needs to submit flags these are no longer available.
tuhin94
tuhin94
Posted on 24 September 19 at 12:05
Arashi Sora said:
yeah, this isn't going to be fixed. They've dropped support for the game. Someone needs to submit flags these are no longer available.
I don’t think there has been mention of this. Yes, they are taking their sweet time which is frustrating, but please provide a source if you make claims like this.
KinectKid333
KinectKid333
Posted on 24 September 19 at 13:11
It was a couple months before Forza Horizon 1 was fixed, I believe. I'm still not worried just yet.
Kinect is not dead; change my mind.
Dr Marty
Dr Marty
Posted on 24 September 19 at 13:44
KinectKid333 said:
It was a couple months before Forza Horizon 1 was fixed, I believe. I'm still not worried just yet.
I think I looked it up a while back and it was 48 days for FH1. I will get worried if we see nothing by the end of October. Before then all is good.
TheGillesMuller
Posted on 24 September 19 at 13:48
el p1nko said:
TheGillesMuller said:
el p1nko said:
It's 1 day after.
8 days and counting...
You're incredibly impatient, perhaps if you actually read this thread you'd see what has happened in the past from people who experienced it.
Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
Graymawr
Graymawr
Posted on 24 September 19 at 15:37
Do you think it may help if people who had gotten the achievement by sharing their obviously easy paint jobs to remove them from the public pool of shared designs to free up space?

Sorry, I am not very knowledgeable about these things. Reviewing this thread, it sounds like this is something that Turn 10 will be doing.
el p1nko
el p1nko
Posted on 24 September 19 at 17:36, Edited on 24 September 19 at 17:37 by el p1nko
TheGillesMuller said:
el p1nko said:
TheGillesMuller said:
el p1nko said:
It's 1 day after.
8 days and counting...
You're incredibly impatient, perhaps if you actually read this thread you'd see what has happened in the past from people who experienced it.
Some of the comments in this thread about what has happened in the past actually were mine...
But it's one thing if they take weeks to fix the design issue in the 10 year old FH1 and an entirely different one to not bother providing adequate server capacity when a game goes GWG and then even long after GWG is over still not enable the feature.

Let's not kid ourselves please, this is not a technical issue someone is "investigating" but a server capacity issue in the GWG phase, when they did't bother to provide additional capacity. And it is a mere mouse click to fix it now that the number of gamers certainly has decreased again.

And about the impatience: if I have hundreds of thousands of customers then fixing stuff is already "long" if it takes more than a few hours, days and weeks are certainly not acceptable and shows that they don't give a crap about their customers at all.
Falcon12727
Falcon12727
Posted on 25 September 19 at 01:25, Edited on 25 September 19 at 01:45 by Falcon12727
New update on twitter indicates a possibility that it may never be fixed. They have now stated that we will be notified when or IF the rivals or liveries will be fixed.

I think it’s safe to say these 2 achievements can be appropriately flagged “Partially Discontinued” now, TA.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.