Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Final DLC Episode Arrives This Month

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 04 July 19 at 11:11
Discover the fate of Atlantis once and for all

Please click here to read the story: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Final DLC Episode Arrives This Month
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 04 July 19 at 11:20
I never thought I'd say this, but it's too much DLC. Don't get me wrong; I really enjoy it, and the game as a whole is absolutely incredible. But good grief, this is beyond epic. I'm ready to be done with the game after 100+ hours. I'm looking forward to wherever the next installment takes us!
Tendoman77
Tendoman77
Posted on 04 July 19 at 11:27
Boy I'm gonna be in for a super huge long journey once I finally get around to starting this game, but I hope every single second will be worth it in the end.
Dellfis
Dellfis
Posted on 04 July 19 at 11:36
i got to agree with "too much DLC". I completed it when it was released and abused stealth a lot. But after every dlc i forget the controls and mechanics and have to learn to be good again at this game
SuperDarkConker
Posted on 04 July 19 at 11:40
Fuck yeah!!! cant wait to play this game again in July 16th. toast rock headspin
Thomas Widurksi
onnovdw
onnovdw
Posted on 04 July 19 at 11:45, Edited on 04 July 19 at 11:46 by onnovdw
already almost 200 hours into the game and completed the main story missions, most of the achievements and only half of the side quests. I agree with too much content, but on the other hand there is no achievement for 'completed everything' like Origins, so I don't really have to murder every military outpost smile

both DLC storylines really added something to the game, so no complaints there
" they told me the classics never go out of style, but they do, they do "
Reina Watt
Reina Watt
Posted on 04 July 19 at 12:22
Guess I'll finally be making the effort to get the game complete in full at last later in the month, just got the last lot of DLC left to go. I love the game but it is a tad too big with too much to do, it begins to wear out it's welcome without a proper end game.

All good things have to end eventually.
Why get a life when as a gamer you live more lives than you can manage
StuartATrueRed
Posted on 04 July 19 at 12:29
I love this game, one of the better ones for sure, and the amount of dlc is great, keeps me coming back for more.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 04 July 19 at 12:32
What about The Lost Tales of Greece - Part 11: Old Flames Burn Brighter for Assassin's Creed Odyssey ? Don't know if that's due out before or not.
Play nice!
Kennyannydenny
Posted on 04 July 19 at 13:01, Edited on 04 July 19 at 13:03 by Kennyannydenny
I don't agree with most here it seems, I don't find it has too much content at all. I'd rather have this than the desolate wasteland that Dragon Age Inquisition had, larger maps but with nothing to do in it at all. I'm glad they keep supporting the game. I'm now at around 300+ hours and max level, did all locations, all quests, am top mercenary, but I can't wait to play more! I'm really glad they take the time to support this game longer, and am really enjoying the small new questlines they add for free. This is a lot better than quickly jumping to the next installment.
Kennyannydenny
Posted on 04 July 19 at 13:03
Beanpotter said:That hasn't been announced yet, and these often come alongside a patch. As the DLC comes this month, I'd wager it'll be the patch after the DLC, but who knows, anything is possible. Maybe a patch will land before the DLC with this alongside it.
xxxxPRODIGYxxxx
Posted on 04 July 19 at 13:22, Edited on 04 July 19 at 13:53 by xxxxPRODIGYxxxx
I was thinking of starting this game soon. I decided to wait until all the dlc was released.

Can anyone confirm that this will be the last dlc for the game and that it is now complete.

Edit. I didn't read any previous comments pertaining to other dlc. I was just wondering if the game was coming to a close.
Musikfreak007
Musikfreak007
Posted on 04 July 19 at 13:52
Someday I'll start this game. Someday I'll give Ubisoft another 200+ hours of my life in exchange for a virtual world. Might be a good deal, we shall see.
ragnarok0272
ragnarok0272
Posted on 04 July 19 at 14:16
This game just keeps on giving! I'm over 160 hours in, and I'm still not bored of it. One of my all-time favorite games for sure. Looking forward to this expansion, and any future title updates.
quorumz
quorumz
Posted on 04 July 19 at 14:27
And after this we also get the tour (maybe with some achievements too just like Origins)

The 2nd DLC is so much better than the 1st. I think it took almost as many hours together as part 1 of the second DLC.. Love the new levels and the ideas how to conquer everything. This is how game support should be (looking at all the free things they give in between)

I'll buy DLC 3 and DLC 4 instant if they would announce it!
Quorumz
wariowarrior
wariowarrior
Posted on 04 July 19 at 14:34
I expect there to be a bit more DLC given that the next instalment probably won’t be with us until Oct/Nov 2020.
EazyE2285
EazyE2285
Posted on 04 July 19 at 14:55
I thought lost tales came between updates so those (their was 12 I thought) would probably launch before. That said we're getting the discovery mode for this game too so not sure why this is written like this is the last content coming out for the game. I'd even argue discovery mode will take longer to "complete" than this DLC
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 04 July 19 at 14:56
The only complaint I have is they should have just released all atlantis dlc and first blade dlc in one go instead of three parts every 4 weeks. Not a fan of this way of releasing dlc
Goggs25
BlackbirdSSR
BlackbirdSSR
Posted on 04 July 19 at 15:04
So intimidating! I bought Odyssey back in November, put about 31 hours into it and then got burnt out(knew it would happen some day) I did jump back when AC3 Remastered was released for the Season Pass and played though that story again, afterwards tried to get back into Odyssey and it felt like a chore.....so I ended up getting The Division 2 and I am HOOKED on that game now!

After I dump 150 or so hours into The Division 2 I have made the decision to go finish Odyssey and the DLC.....no matter how long it takes cry
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 04 July 19 at 17:31, Edited on 04 July 19 at 17:34 by Fooga
I think the only reason I enjoyed the First Blade stuff was because I got to play them back to back. I can’t imagine them being very fulfilling having to wait between them. The Atlantis stuff is pretty fun though. I’m looking forward to the Poseidon area.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.