Game Discussion: Stranger Things 3: The Game Forum

Gnomes

AuthorMessage
Tenreth
Tenreth
Posted on 04 July 19 at 19:31, Edited on 07 July 19 at 21:30 by Tenreth
Hey all,

i guess this is the longest or worst achievement and i belive it will take some time, before we'll see a complete guide. So why not work together and create a list. :)

Thanks to: XvalgurX, Johnny Sinister

Number - Name - Location - Description

Gnome #1: Johnny - Mikes Basement - Radio on the desk near the exit towards the stairs.
Gnome #2: Christine - Hawkins Suburbs - Leave Mikes house by the front door. It's at the flowerpot directly south.
Gnome #3: Doc - Hawkings Mall - Outside near the loading area on the west side of the map.
Gnome #4: Indiana - Hawkins Pool - Open area near the shack at the right side of the screen.
Gnome #5: Chunk- Weathertop - take secret exit from complex, found in grass (becomes available on last chapter
Gnome #6: Elvis - Hawkins Square - Behind the trees in front of the public library (huge building with blue roof)
Gnome #7: Jack - Hawkins Library - In the "last" room in the first area near the computer.
Gnome #8: Flynn - Starcourt Mall - Parking lot near the green car at the bottom.
Gnome #9: David - Weathertop Summit, Northern part of the map, underground entrance, follow to the end of Secret Tunnel
Gnome #10: Baskin - Starcourt Mall - Behind the counter of "Scoops Ahoy!" on the lower level.
Gnome #11: Macdonald - Driscoll Farm, East corner
Gnome #12: Clint - Hawkins Square - Hardware Store, you need Joyce to unlock the doors
Gnome #13: Marty - Hawkins Square - Hardware Store, East corner in the first room
Gnome #14: Mikhail - Hawkins Square - In front of the town hall hidden behind the the lamp post between two bushes.
Gnome #15: Denver - Driscoll Farm - While doing the quests there, you'll have access to the barn. While inside the barn, leave by the other exit and use the secret passage behind the barn.
Gnome #16: Drago - Hess Farm - Once you're in the Lab, you can craft cranks to enter some optional rooms with loot. You can buy the material needed at the vending machine in the area. You need 3 cranks for all doors. The gnome is in one of those rooms.
Gnome #17: Fletch - Hawkins Suburbs - In the Abandoned House, crawl into the vent and use the computer. Enter those numbers: 5-7-2-5-7 > 7-3-7-9-7 > 7-7-9-2-7 > 8-7-7-4-2 > 1-4-8-4-7 . This unlocks the room with the gnome and some chests.
Gnome #18: Norman - Hawkins Suburbs - Granny's house (when you get the side quest for cleaning her back yard).
Gnome #19: Herbert - Hawkins Suburbs - Granny's house inside the basement behind some rocks (you need bombs).
Gnome #20: Burt - Hawkins Suburbs - Inside the pool area behind the chained door. (Joyce)
Gnome #21: Seth - Hawkins Square - In the back of the flower shop. Let the golden bear statue face the flower pots, then crawl through the vents and let the rat face the sink. The gnome is behind the door, that opens.
Gnome #22: Rutger - Hawkins Suburbs - Inside the pool area when you check the girls locker room during a main mission. It's nearly impossible to miss.
Gnome #23: Cruise - Hawkins Square - In Circuit Shed, open the chained door and make your way through the light puzzle in the last room. The lever in the room in front of the puzzle room does not turn the lights off. :(
Gnome #24: Charles - Hawkins Lab - Behind the vent accessible with Erica. You have to solve a simple lever puzzle.
Gnome #25: Kitt - Hawkins Lab - At the entrance, near the trees.
Gnome #26: Huey - Hawkins Lab - During the timed event, when you have to activate both pressure plates near the desk in the same room.
Gnome #27: Falco - Hawkins Suburbs - In the bush behind the fence, north of Dustin's house. It's the house with the workbench on the outside. You can get behind the fence at the lower end.
Gnome #28: Glenn - Hawkins Square - Inside Hardware store crawl through the vent with Erica. The area is very small and two enemies await you inside. Be prepared!
Gnome #29: Sonja - Hawkins Suburbs - In Max's backyard when you pass through this area during a main mission. It's near the two green containers.
Gnome #30: Ripley - Hawkins Square - Inside the City Hall in Aide's office.
Gnome #31: Tony - Hawkins Square - Inside City Hall in the Gym, hack the terminal in the corridor after leaving the second elevator.
Gnome #32: Charlene - Hawkins Square - Inside the City Hall cellar behind the door that needs to be hacked. Clear the rocks with bombs and fight the rats. It's at the end of the corridor.
Gnome #33: Willie - Hawkins Square - Inside City Hall in the bathroom behind sink. The bathroom is behind the brown door near the computer you'll use to get some clues for the lever puzzle.
Gnome #34: Arnold - Murray's Warehouse - On the outside, pass between the house and the car and follow the fence.
Gnome #35: Falken - Murray's House, 'Kill Room'. Puzzle answer is switch #1,2,3,5 and 8
Gnome #36: Bastion - Mall, downstairs, behind escalator (hard to see)
Gnome #37: Magnum - Hawkins Square, Hawkins Post building, East corner
Gnome #38: Clara - Mikes House - Smash the fridge at the first floor.
#39: Deckard - Hospital, second floor, requires Erica
#40: Tommy Lee - Mall, Docking Bay lair, requires Erica
#41: Adora - Hess, Shed, middle of room.
#42: Samantha - Hess, Basement, requires Erica
#43: Alexandre - Dustin's House, requires Erica
#44: Papa Gnome - Pool, Women's Locker room, requires Erica
#45: Gunther - Woods behind funhouse
Gnome #46: Tubbs - Hawkins Suburbs - In Max's House (black roof, left side of the map) behind the vent accessible from the bathroom.
#47: Coleman - Carnival area, requires 10 tickets (see world's smallest person)
#48: Slash - Funhouse, 1st floor
#49: Freddy - Funhouse (5th?) floor. small brown room with gnome in center.
#50: Jareth - Weathertop shed (chapter 8), requires Erica.
XvalgurX
XvalgurX
Posted on 05 July 19 at 12:54
Gnome #27: Falco - Hawkins Suburbs - In the bush behind the fence, North of Dustin's house
XvalgurX
XvalgurX
Posted on 05 July 19 at 13:44
Gnome #9: David - Weathertop Summit, Northern part of the map, underground entrance, follow to the end of Secret Tunnel
XvalgurX
XvalgurX
Posted on 05 July 19 at 14:34, Edited on 05 July 19 at 15:47 by XvalgurX
XvalgurX
XvalgurX
Posted on 05 July 19 at 15:38, Edited on 05 July 19 at 15:47 by XvalgurX
Gnome #13: Marty - Hawkins Square, Hardware Store, East corner in the first room
XvalgurX
XvalgurX
Posted on 05 July 19 at 16:12
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 05 July 19 at 16:20
#17: General Store (need bolt cutters)
#18: Granny's house (when you get the errand for cleaning her back yard)
#19: Granny's Basement (need bombs)
Tenreth
Tenreth
Posted on 05 July 19 at 21:03
Thanks. I've added them to the first post. :)
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 06 July 19 at 02:57
I managed to find them all. I will go ahead and post the locations here, but won't do the solution, as I only made note of locations and not instructions on some of the harder ones (i.e, puzzles). I know I will get downvoted for it, so I will just post the rest of the locations here.

Happy Hunting!
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 06 July 19 at 03:30
I just recopied and pasted everything so I didn't miss or rewrite one. You can just copy and paste edit it to the original post.

Gnome #1: Johnny - Mikes Basement - Radio on the desk near the exit towards the stairs.
Gnome #2: Christine - Hawkins Suburbs - Leave Mikes house by the front door. It's at the flowerpot directly south.
Gnome #3: Doc - Hawkings Mall - Outside near the loading area on the west side of the map.
Gnome #4: Indiana - Hawkins Pool - Open area near the shack at the right side of the screen.
Gnome #5: Chunk- Weathertop, take secret exit from complex, found in grass (becomes available on last chapter)
Gnome #6: Elvis - Hawkins Square - Behind the trees in front of the public library (huge building with blue roof)
Gnome #7: Jack - Hawkins Library - In the "last" room in the first area near the computer.
Gnome #8: Flynn - Starcourt Mall - Parking lot near the green car at the bottom.
Gnome #10: Baskin - Starcourt Mall - Behind the counter of "Scoops Ahoy!" on the lower level.
Gnome #12: Clint - Square, General Store, requires Joyce
Gnome #13: Marty - Hawkins Square, Hardware Store, East corner in the first room
Gnome #14: Mikhail - Hawkins Square - In front of the town hall hidden behind the the lamp post between two bushes.
Gnome #15: Denver - Driscoll Farm, outside, behind the barn
Gnome #16: Drago - Hess Lab, craft a crank and use it to enter the room
#17: Fletch - Abandoned House, requires Erica
#18: Norman - Granny's house (when you get the errand for cleaning her back yard)
#19: Herbert - Granny's Basement (need bombs)
#20: Burt - Pool area, behind fence, need Joyce
#21: Seth - Square, Flower shop, must have Erica to climb in vents
#22: Rutger - Pool storage, through women's locker room (locker room is opened during a quest)
#23: Cruise - Square, Circuit Shed, requires Joyce
#24: Charles - Lab, requires Erica
#25: Kitt - Lab entrance, near trees
#26: Huey - Lab, during the 'catch intruder' segment.
Gnome #27: Falco - Hawkins Suburbs - In the bush behind the fence, north of Dustin's house. It's the house with the workbench on the outside. You can get behind the fence at the lower end.
#28: Glenn - Square, Hardware store, requires Erica
#29: Sonja - Max's backyard (house becomes open during quest)
#30: Ripley - City Hall, Aide's office
#31: Tony - City Hall, Gym, requires Hack
#32: Charlene - City Hall, requires Hack and Bombs
#33: Willie - City Hall, Bathroom, behind sink
#34: Arnold - Murray's Warehouse, Side of building
#35: Falken - Murray's House, 'Kill Room'. Puzzle answer is switch #1,2,3,5 and 8
#36: Bastion - Mall, downstairs, behind escalator (hard to see)
Gnome #38: Clara - Mikes House - Smash the fridge at the first floor.
#39: Deckard - Hospital, second floor, requires Erica
#40: Tommy Lee - Mall, Docking Bay lair, requires Erica
#41: Adora - Hess, Shed, middle of room.
#42: Samantha - Hess, Basement, requires Erica
#43: Alexandre - Dustin's House, requires Erica
#44: Papa Gnome - Pool, Women's Locker room, requires Erica
#45: Gunther - Woods behind funhouse
#46: Tubbs - Max's Room (requires Erica)
#47: Coleman - Carnival area, requires 10 tickets (see world's smallest person)
#48: Slash - Funhouse, 1st floor
#49: Freddy - Funhouse (5th?) floor. small brown room with gnome in center.
#50: Jareth - Weathertop shed (chapter 8), requires Erica.
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 06 July 19 at 03:30
Hopefully I didn't mix up any of those locations/names. My handwriting was a little questionable in a couple of places.
Cdogger715
Cdogger715
Posted on 06 July 19 at 20:42
I'm not sure about #48-49. I searched every area of the funhouse and could not find either gnome.
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 06 July 19 at 21:35
Cdogger715 said:
I'm not sure about #48-49. I searched every area of the funhouse and could not find either gnome.
They are definitely in the fun house.

For the one on the 1st floor, you have to take one of the 'wrong' paths and it will lead to a storage room with a gnome.

For the other, it may be the 4th floor. It is the floor where you have to 'go back' to find the path forward. One of the paths will lead to a small brown room with a gnome.
Alex Sobecki
Alex Sobecki
Posted on 06 July 19 at 22:02, Edited on 06 July 19 at 22:18 by Alex Sobecki
Yeah, funhouse 1st floor gnome is in the 5th square room. Instead of going up into the 6th square, take a right and you'll find the storage room

Johnny also correctly said the 2nd gnome was on the 5th floor. From the first purple room, go left and then go back the way you came once in the green room. You'll end up in a small brown room that has the gnome
Cdogger715
Cdogger715
Posted on 07 July 19 at 13:48
Thanks everybody! Just found the last one!
Tenreth
Tenreth
Posted on 07 July 19 at 16:19
Thanks Johnny, This helps alot. I'll use your list and add as much info as i can.
Unrace
Unrace
Posted on 07 July 19 at 17:25
Quick question, how do you get Gnome 17? The board says something about lucky number 7 and the computer has a ton numbers on it. You have to unlock the door. Thanks
Cdogger715
Cdogger715
Posted on 07 July 19 at 18:16
Read the journal and match the number 7 to where the X's are. I had to take pictures to help me remember.
Tenreth
Tenreth
Posted on 08 July 19 at 08:43
Unrace said:
Quick question, how do you get Gnome 17? The board says something about lucky number 7 and the computer has a ton numbers on it. You have to unlock the door. Thanks
5-7-2-5-7 > 7-3-7-9-7 > 7-7-9-2-7 > 8-7-7-4-2 > 1-4-8-4-7

I've posted the list as a solution. I'll add more info the next hours and days. Feel free to ask questions or improve some directions. :)
derektwopointoh
Posted on 21 July 19 at 19:43
Thanks to everyone for compiling all this info. Is there a point of no return for collecting these or can you clean up after the story?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.