Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Review: Cities Skylines Industries Gives Factories and Farms a Flawed Facelift

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 05 July 19 at 13:34
A simple, subtle update all about the horrors of natural exploitation

Please click here to read the story: Review: Cities Skylines Industries Gives Factories and Farms a Flawed Facelift
Sam Pardon
Sam Pardon
Posted on 05 July 19 at 14:32
I actually enjoyed this DLC a little more than the previous few because it finally does something with the "boring" specialized industry mechanic. The achievements are definitely an upgrade from the 10 minute Green Cities DLC grind. Nevertheless these DLC's are all way overpriced in my honest opinion and feel more like title updates to a game that lacked of lot of mechanics when it launched.

Don't get me wrong I think that the vanilla Cities Skylines is a great game and there is much fun to be had with the bare bones version. I've played this game way to much and even I think that the DLC has never been worth it's money.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 05 July 19 at 15:13
The latest DLC to hit console editions, Insutries...
Industries?
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 05 July 19 at 15:20
Can't wait to play this when they sell me a mega edition that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 05 July 19 at 16:48
Sam Pardon said:
I actually enjoyed this DLC a little more than the previous few because it finally does something with the "boring" specialized industry mechanic. The achievements are definitely an upgrade from the 10 minute Green Cities DLC grind. Nevertheless these DLC's are all way overpriced in my honest opinion and feel more like title updates to a game that lacked of lot of mechanics when it launched.

Don't get me wrong I think that the vanilla Cities Skylines is a great game and there is much fun to be had with the bare bones version. I've played this game way to much and even I think that the DLC has never been worth it's money.
Paradox is one of those publishers which encourages eking out paid content over time unfortunately.

Still, they're bringing some great games to console. But yes, too expensive.
"I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
Zukape
Zukape
Posted on 05 July 19 at 17:37
XI AlphaMale IX said:
Can't wait to play this when they sell me a mega edition that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 05 July 19 at 18:12
Zukape said:
XI AlphaMale IX said:
Exactly what I was thinking.
I'm thinking I might do the same. This can be like an end game of sorts for me. Maybe by that time I'll really have nothing else to play/be interested in so I can just put myself into one game.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 06 July 19 at 19:59
I didn’t even know this game had an Xbox version. How are the controls?
SID 6581
SID 6581
Posted on 06 July 19 at 20:28
The controls are very well done, it's quick and easy to navigate the multitude of options.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 06 July 19 at 21:47
SID 6581 said:
The controls are very well done, it's quick and easy to navigate the multitude of options.
Thanks. One more question: why have only 10 people completed this game? I can tell that the achievement list is time consuming, but nothing sounds especially hard.
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 07 July 19 at 00:06
zeldafanjtl said:
SID 6581 said:
Thanks. One more question: why have only 10 people completed this game? I can tell that the achievement list is time consuming, but nothing sounds especially hard.
The full game with DLC? There's an RNG achievement that can potentially take 100s of hours in Natural Disasters. There's also an achievement for experiencing 1000 nights in the game which equates to 100+ hours of pure idling.

Plus, that DLC really is quite expensive.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 08 July 19 at 12:11, Edited on 08 July 19 at 12:11 by Legohead 1977
kintaris said:
zeldafanjtl said:
SID 6581 said:
The full game with DLC? There's an RNG achievement that can potentially take 100s of hours in Natural Disasters. There's also an achievement for experiencing 1000 nights in the game which equates to 100+ hours of pure idling.

Plus, that DLC really is quite expensive.
So many things that change a game I was really interested in playing into something I'll never start!
Legohead 1977
ZeroSlaifer
ZeroSlaifer
Posted on 13 August 19 at 02:56
shock
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.