Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Achievement Lists of June 2019: The Easiest, The Toughest and The Best

• kintariskintaris323,211
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,005,366
    Posted on 05 July 19 at 21:31Permalink
    Thanks for expanding these articles. I get that some people want easy gamerscore and that's fine. I don't care how other people play. But not everyone is on this site for easy gamerscore. Yes, it's an achievement site and some people are here to get as much gamerscore as possible. I'm not judging how other play. It's your free time and you should enjoy it. But it is an achievement site and it says "just how good are you?" Some people want easy gamerscore and some people want to challenge themselves with the hardest achievements and some people want to earn achievements, but only really want to do it in really good games.

Anyways, thanks for expanding these articles.

I would also say Omensight and Bloodstained Ritual of the Night are both supposed to be pretty good and are worth playing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUia5quPnBk
    Posted on 05 July 19 at 21:54Permalink
    PlayUltimate711 said:
    Thanks for expanding these articles. I get that some people want easy gamerscore and that's fine. I don't care how other people play. But not everyone is on this site for easy gamerscore. Yes, it's an achievement site and some people are here to get as much gamerscore as possible. I'm not judging how other play. It's your free time and you should enjoy it. But it is an achievement site and it says "just how good are you?" Some people want easy gamerscore and some people want to challenge themselves with the hardest achievements and some people want to earn achievements, but only really want to do it in really good games.

Anyways, thanks for expanding these articles.

I would also say Omensight and Bloodstained Ritual of the Night are both supposed to be pretty good and are worth playing.
    Thanks! Bloodstained fell out of the list this month as we limited to games that people have actually managed to complete; looks like there's a potential unobtainable in Bloodstained.

We'll probably adjust that for next month to be more inclusive, and in more expansive months we may split these out into separate articles. June is a bit of a dry season in general.
  • SeitzzSeitzz784,962
    Posted on 05 July 19 at 21:56Permalink
    Reminding me of the unfinished Wolfenstein II that I've not decided to get around to still. Maybe by the end of the year I'll give it a shot and prepare for/finish the game.
  • Tendoman77Tendoman771,956,496
    Posted on 05 July 19 at 22:00, Edited on 05 July 19 at 22:01 by Tendoman77Permalink
    Good grief the dollar to pound exchange is absolute disgusting with most of these, especially with there being zero difference at all with the £5 games!
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,005,366
    Posted on 05 July 19 at 22:01Permalink
    Yeah, it sounds like Bloodstained does have an unobtainable.

And yeah, there hasn't been a lot this summer that looks really good or like a really good challenge or anything like that, but there are definitely months where I think you would have a pretty damn long list, so I think it would be smart to being flexible about splitting it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUia5quPnBk
  • Posted on 05 July 19 at 22:06Permalink
    Thanks for taking my suggestion and adding in the metacritc scores could you do the same with Games with Gold and gamepass additions ?
    Xbox1,Switch,Ps4 Gamer.
    Posted on 05 July 19 at 22:07Permalink
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    Thanks for taking my suggestion and adding in the metacritc scores could you do the same with Games with Gold and gamepass additions ?
    We'll aim to for sure!
  • Posted on 05 July 19 at 22:11Permalink
    kintaris said:
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    We'll aim to for sure!
    toast
    Xbox1,Switch,Ps4 Gamer.
  • Posted on 05 July 19 at 22:19, Edited on 05 July 19 at 22:19 by Mannschaft570Permalink
    Good article. Supermarket Shriek is definitely hard Game Pass or not, I'm about halfway through the game and already struggling to get three stars on some levels.
  • Posted on 05 July 19 at 22:22Permalink
    Not a PC gamer, but if they put "The Messenger" on xbox one I will buy it looks awesome.
  • Noodles JrNoodles Jr980,094
    Posted on 05 July 19 at 22:53Permalink
    Seeing Supermarket Shriek in the Best Games category makes me so happy. That game is a gem. Would personally add Captain Cat to the easy games as well. Takes 2-3 hours and you can skip every level in Perfect Mode by just pausing and hitting "Skip Level", and still get credit for completing Perfect Mode. So easy.
    If at first you don't succeed, lag switch.
  • Posted on 06 July 19 at 00:44Permalink
    I completed a lot this year, couple Telltale games, Kingdom Hearts 3, Resident Evil 2 REmake, Jump Force, One Piece World Seeker, and a couple really easy games too...currently playing CTR and getting a few things done in Halo: MCC but for me I'm all over the place...I like my harder completions but I'm ok with a real easy game every once in a while if I'm in a pretty dry spot achievement wise...goal is to be at least 175,000 by years end and I'm on pretty good pace for it, still have a few easy games I could get through or just decent games in general
  • Posted on 06 July 19 at 01:56Permalink
    I'm digging the full "month review" providing a list of games with easy GS, games worth looking into, and hard achievements.

Though that last category I've interpreted as "games to not start if you only have a slight interest in them."

I'll be looking forward to these each months.
  • Adam J KirbyAdam J Kirby213,813
    Posted on 06 July 19 at 02:17Permalink
    PlayUltimate711 said:
    Yeah, it sounds like Bloodstained does have an unobtainable.

And yeah, there hasn't been a lot this summer that looks really good or like a really good challenge or anything like that, but there are definitely months where I think you would have a pretty damn long list, so I think it would be smart to being flexible about splitting it.
    Can anybody tell me what the unobtainable in this is? I just started it
  • EvcEvc550,360 550,360 GamerScore
    Posted on 06 July 19 at 03:05Permalink
    Supermarket shreik is fun, I just wish the controls were better instead of using the 2 buttons to move and turn
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,219,827
    Posted on 06 July 19 at 03:38Permalink
    Thumps up for this months article.

Well written and well researched.
    This is real game journalism, and a pleasure to read.
  • Posted on 06 July 19 at 05:56Permalink
    Great article series! Very helpful!
  • eayragteayragt178,418
    Posted on 06 July 19 at 06:03Permalink
    This is great, a couple of games added to my wishlist that I may otherwise have missed.

Tendoman77 said:
    Good grief the dollar to pound exchange is absolute disgusting with most of these, especially with there being zero difference at all with the £5 games!
    Just as well that it's pretty simple to pick up USD credit wink
    Say everything with a smile
  • Posted on 06 July 19 at 07:24Permalink
    Just wanted to add to the chorus of voices praising the wider scope of the article - really enjoyable read smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.