Genre Discussion: Below Forum

A messageboard for all things genres

Below Multi-Genre Discussion

Related game: Below

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 07 July 19 at 10:32
Please use this thread to discuss this game's classification under the multi-genre system.

If you disagree with the current genres, please click the "Add genre disagreement" button below.
Information Posted on 07 July 19 at 11:05
SSSteinMan has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
I would include Survival. It has hunger, thirst, and warmth meter that needed to be replenished in order to prevent death and has crafting elements as well.

It also has Roguelike elements like permadeath and some environments are randomly generated but I wouldn't include it in Roguelite genre.

Genres: Dungeon Crawler, Survival

KasugaSama
KasugaSama
Posted on 16 July 19 at 01:39
The team has discussed this and feels like it doesn't quite fall into Survival. It seems like a weird inbetween of both Roguelite and Survival, among other things. So, we're leaving it as Dungeon Crawler.

toast
Everything you do is a balloon.
SSSteinMan
SSSteinMan
Posted on 16 July 19 at 08:48
Wow, really. shock

Most of my deaths came from hunger and thirst because of food and resources are scarce. The amount of constant feeding and drinking in this game is absurd.
It also does get cold the further down BELOW into the level that can affect the warmth meter and need to go nearby fire, eating hot meals like soup/broth or drinking potions to keep yourself warm.

Soup/broth/potions etc. can only make these by crafting and cooking via campfire.

This is a Survival game from start to finish.
Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.
KasugaSama
KasugaSama
Posted on 18 July 19 at 14:54
Sorry for the slow response, I got lost somewhere.

In the case of your further explanation, we've added Survival to this game, so it's now Survival and Dungeon Crawler. Sorry about that! dive
Everything you do is a balloon.
SSSteinMan
SSSteinMan
Posted on 19 July 19 at 09:05
Thank you toast
Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.