Xbox One Forum

Forum for Xbox One related discussions

Game Pass Games and Achievements

AuthorMessage
MoneyShot360
MoneyShot360
Posted on 08 July 19 at 04:35
Anyone seeing issue with unlocking achievements on game pass games? I tried a PC game, and a Xbone game, and neither unlocked an expected achievement. I tried a separate PC game, and had no issues. Anyone else experiencing this?
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 08 July 19 at 04:37
No, i haven't had any issues.
I doubt it's related to gamepass though.

What were the games in question?
MoneyShot360
MoneyShot360
Posted on 08 July 19 at 05:06, Edited on 08 July 19 at 05:31 by MoneyShot360
Tacoma on the PC, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel on Xbox One. In Tacoma, I shot a 3 point shot several times, and in Borderlands, I am already at level 6 and have completed several of the mission achievements. I understand Tacoma may be funky on the PC, so I wrote that one off. However, BL seems like it's an issue.

I'm having no issues unlocking achievements in other games, including Old Man's Journey on the PC, or The Division 2 on Xbox One.

Tried a hard reset. Going to give it some time, and if it doesn't eventually pop, uninstall BL and try it again.

There shouldn't be an issue if just the Pre-Sequel is installed and not the whole Handsome Collection would there be?
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 08 July 19 at 05:41, Edited on 08 July 19 at 05:46 by TheMaize
no, it doesn't make ANY difference, how many of the games in a bundle you install...they all work as separate games.

Regarding PC...Tacoma is glitchy...and im not actually sure if old mans journey is live enabled on the PC, even though it says so...I believe I heard quite a few people complain about that.

The issue will be on your xbox..I would try to do "factory reset" ..the reason i put that in brackets, is because i would choose the option, where it reinstalls systemfiles and your profile, but doesnt touch your installed games

Edit:
I dont know how long you had the issue...if its just today you had some issues. It could be a temporary problem with your internetsupplier, og something more local...
Even if your console shows online, it doesnt necesarily mean that all onlineservices are working, or that your connection is stable..
So if its just today..you can just give it some time and see...
MoneyShot360
MoneyShot360
Posted on 08 July 19 at 05:45
To be clear, I have no issues with Old Man's Journey, or any other Xbox One, or BC games. Just with BL Pre-Sequel and Tacoma, which is known to be glitchy anyways. I'm not sure if I want to go the route of factory reset just yet. Going to at least give it 72 hours.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 08 July 19 at 05:49
MoneyShot360 said:
To be clear, I have no issues with Old Man's Journey, or any other Xbox One, or BC games. Just with BL Pre-Sequel and Tacoma, which is known to be glitchy anyways. I'm not sure if I want to go the route of factory reset just yet. Going to at least give it 72 hours.
yeah..give it some time.

And sorry..i misread..yeah i see you wrote that you had no issue with old mand journey now.

if its just those two games. its propably just glitchy yeah...
try opening borderlands...dashboard, go to the achievementpage, go to the "gameshub/official club" ..and then click thorugh all the achievements you believe you should have gotten in there..
Its a way to force achievements to unlock, in the case that they are "stuck" unlocking
SoupaBuoy
SoupaBuoy
Posted on 08 July 19 at 10:05
For what it's worth - I wrote the guide on Tacoma and didn't unlock a single achievement on Win10, so I think they just haven't integrated the achievement code into the Win10 version or something. I can't comment on BL Pre-Sequel, but I know Tacoma doesn't work.
MoneyShot360
MoneyShot360
Posted on 09 July 19 at 01:33
So I tried another game, Telltale's GotG and was able to unlock an achievement. So the issue is isolated to Borderlands TPS. Tried removing both the game, my profile, and any saves, and still no luck.

The only thing I can even think of is I'm console sharing with my friend who is also playing the game. Although this has never been an issue in any other game before.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.