The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: July 9th, 2019

• Posted on 09 July 19 at 18:23, Edited on 10 July 19 at 02:01 by XI AlphaMale IX
    ThexDaftxPunk said:
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    Waiting for Celeste to come down a bit more. I will pull the trigger on Pankapu.
    you muat have missed it when it was a GWG in January
    Hmm. That's weird. I never miss GWG. I went to download it just now on xbox.com and it let me. Maybe I did download it but it didn't install?

I will check when I get home and see if I can actually play it.

Edit: looks like it installed and I can play it. Well cool.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,032,749
    Posted on 09 July 19 at 18:54
    Cemetery Girls said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Any thoughts on Poi? For whatever reason I had it on my wish list. Looks kinda charming and light hearted. Appreciate any feedback! toast
    It's a great platformer in the same vein as Mario 64. Controls are a little clunky but not too bad. Loved my time with it.
    Appreciate the response! Think ill give it a go! Theres actually a bunch of random indies im lookin at on here. Nice sale toast
    Matthew
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 July 19 at 19:26, Edited on 09 July 19 at 19:32 by
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Cemetery Girls said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Any thoughts on Poi? For whatever reason I had it on my wish list. Looks kinda charming and light hearted. Appreciate any feedback! toast
    It's a great platformer in the same vein as Mario 64. Controls are a little clunky but not too bad. Loved my time with it.
    Appreciate the response! Think ill give it a go! Theres actually a bunch of random indies im lookin at on here. Nice sale toast
    Its not a great platformer. Its mediocre at best. I got it long time ago and do t play it much. A hat in time is much better

I cant remember how many times i read in the comments how good a game is and then i think, wow ill get it, And then when i play it im like , wow this is crap. Everybody just has different taste, you can see my recomendations above, im sure most people arent even interested in those. In the end you decide. Done let anyone else choose for you. Just look on youtube and hold your controller and pretend your playing it
  • Posted on 09 July 19 at 22:12
    MrZombieChicken said:
    NateDawgSn1per said:
    I did a video covering the easiest completions with gameplay n such, plus a few: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYZVGeaabOk&feature....be)
    Don't know if that's ok to put here, not sure where to put it lol but I hope it helps some people out. If not, I'll remove it :)
    The effort is appreciated. It was interesting seeing these games in action without having to go to their respective homepages.
    Oh good, that was the idea. Make it easier so you guys don't have to go see gameplay, price, time and all that from each page. Glad it helped
    NateDawgSn1per
  • Posted on 10 July 19 at 01:07
    Opinions about Omega Strike? I generally enjoy Metroidvania games as long as the difficulty level is not too high.
    This space for rent.
    Posted on 10 July 19 at 05:24
    Dwaggienite said:
    NicoleRenee00 said:
    If anyone has yet to see it, The Z Axis: Continuum has DLC made by a TA member. Pretty neato.
    Yup. Free title update worth 500G.

Better get it now ;)
    I saw that! How’s the completion? I noticed only a few have actually done so. I do love puzzle like games though. I’m on the fence
    Matthew
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 July 19 at 06:39, Edited on 10 July 19 at 06:44 by
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Opinions about Omega Strike? I generally enjoy Metroidvania games as long as the difficulty level is not too high.
    I also have Omega Strike, its a simple metroidvania game and its not bad. I still have to finish it so it didnt draw my attention from start to finish, and its not a memorable metroidvania game, but your still gonna like it. I think Rogue legacy is better. I love that game but its hard. For some reason it reminds me of spelunky, which is one if the best games on 360.

But if you buy omega strike you have to accept the possibility that your not gonna like it. I recommend to just watch videos on youtube and get your impressions from that.

To clarify, i noticed you have a Catherine gamerpic. I bought that game cause everybody here was always praising it, Now, i played maybe the first 2 levels and regret having bought it. Good it was only 5€ and i may try it again sometime, but i really didn't like it even though everyone here said its good .
  • KACG FeaRKACG FeaR323,605
    Posted on 10 July 19 at 14:33
    Hoping for a big summer sale. Saving my wallet pennies for that. Nice to see something pretty different though.
  • DubstepEdgelordDubstepEdgelord1,253,097
    Posted on 10 July 19 at 15:49
    Bastian Reader said:
    Does anyone know much about Bleed 2 Achievements? It seems fun. I'm hoping to get a second opinion.
    Very hard but a great game
    DubstepEdgelord
  • Tatl360Tatl360290,141
    Posted on 11 July 19 at 03:29
    Forza 6 Complete Add Ons Collection is also on sale:
    Forza Motorsport 6 Complete Add-Ons Collection

It may be the last time everything is on sale at the same time as the game will likely be delisted this year.
  • rad fadrad fad329,664
    Posted on 11 July 19 at 05:16
    Tatl360 said:
    I don't know most of these. Yooka Laylee seems to be a good option if it's like Banjo Kazooie then. =)
    Bought it because of your comment, thanks! Didn't even know this game existed but I am liking it so far.
  • jasonlc3221jasonlc3221831,711
    Posted on 11 July 19 at 15:12
    WhitestAFI2ICAN said:
    Isn’t the plague take innocence game well overpriced for a short indie game?
    Agreed, however, I still bought it since it's down to $35 now instead of $50.

However, the biggest reason the game is normally $50 is because the studio built the game's engine from the ground up. They took a risk by asking for $50 on a 12 hour story, but they had to try get their money back for all the time and resources that went into it. Indie game? Meh, most probably consider it that (although remember, just because a game is only offered digital doesn't always mean it's indie). I'm fine with calling it an Indie game, but that's also the big turn-off, because who the hell pays $50 for an indie game?

I doubt they have made their money back yet on the cost of building the engine AND developing the game. In fact, this game may never even break even for them. But because I've heard nothing but great things about this game, I really hope they can supplement some income by selling licenses to other devs to use their new game engine. They just need to optimize the engine better, because as it stands, it's quite a resource-hog.
  • Tatl360Tatl360290,141
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 16:51
    rad fad said:
    Tatl360 said:
    I don't know most of these. Yooka Laylee seems to be a good option if it's like Banjo Kazooie then. =)
    Bought it because of your comment, thanks! Didn't even know this game existed but I am liking it so far.
    Really! headspin
    I want it too but I want to finish Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts first.
  • KCrosbieKCrosbie207,221
    Posted on 13 July 19 at 09:56
    Last few games I’m considering are Nefarious and Metrico+. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, can’t find much on those two. I’m also going back and forth on Yoku, I feel it has gamepass written all over it.

So far I picked up Omega Strike, Super Cloudbuilt, and Z axis Continuum. Randomly awesome lil sale for me. There are still a few other randoms I’d pick up just for gamerscore, but I think I’d rather get quality over quantity this time.
    Matthew
  • Posted on 13 July 19 at 11:10
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Last few games I’m considering are Nefarious and Metrico+. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, can’t find much on those two. I’m also going back and forth on Yoku, I feel it has gamepass written all over it.

So far I picked up Omega Strike, Super Cloudbuilt, and Z axis Continuum. Randomly awesome lil sale for me. There are still a few other randoms I’d pick up just for gamerscore, but I think I’d rather get quality over quantity this time.
    Yoku's Island has already been announced actually on the Xbox Game Pass stream a few weeks ago. You even commented on the article, guess you forgot laugh
    Posted on 13 July 19 at 19:34, Edited on 13 July 19 at 19:40 by zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
    The Allslayer said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:

Yoku's Island has already been announced actually on the Xbox Game Pass stream a few weeks ago. You even commented on the article, guess you forgot laugh
    Wait? What?! Lmfao i thought it was the other similar game i always mix up the two..the one thats like banjo kazooie and from some of the same devs.. cant remember name but i thought it was that. Well shit, appreciate you letting me know, i gotta lay off the paint chips 🤣

Edit- its yooka laylee that i always confuse the two, i know they arent the same but i think its the kiddy cover art, colors and the similar names that make me think their one in the same lol
    Matthew
    Posted on 16 July 19 at 07:56
    Sumer sale is up and running. Till the 29th toast
    Matthew
  • BulletLukeyBulletLukey458,676
    Posted on 16 July 19 at 08:18
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Sumer sale is up and running. Till the 29th toast
    We are having an issue with the scanners.
    We will have a story up for it as soon as possible.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.
  • BulletLukeyBulletLukey458,676
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.