Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Fishing Planet Achievement List Revealed

• Spiderman NoireSpiderman Noire1,024,604
    Posted on 10 July 19 at 14:05
    Free fishing games...seems fishy
  • Posted on 10 July 19 at 14:26
    ''Participate in 1000 fishing competitions'' ha pass
  • k3lt0nk3lt0n168,441
    Posted on 10 July 19 at 14:31
    Wow this sounds like a grrriinnnddddd...
  • WobbloWobblo905,814
    Posted on 10 July 19 at 14:39
    For anyone wondering what the pricing model is like, here is a review from the Steam page.

P2P - Pay2Play.

Plus a number of game distorting or may be money extorting (deliberate) AI dynamics.

You catch consistently on lower gear without breakage or even sign of breakage. 10 lvls later (higher) 3-4 lbs fish break 20+lbs gear (rod, reel, line..) like butter or fill up all meters on red and lo and behold your premium gear is gone for good. You want it back - more real money. No thank you.

Or and the moment you master certain lure/bait to the point of catching every time , several in game days later - no matter what you do and peak times or not all of a sudden you are catching 5% of what you used to.

And so on.

A game with a huge potential if reasonably priced and all game/money distorting/extorting techniques are scrapped and you do not lose premium gear. Oh and this crap of premium storage at home should be discarded too. At home you need everything unlimited. In this game you need tonnes of gear to achieve everything/ everywhere.

Uninstalled after more than 150 hrs. Do not recommend
  • DarqStalkerDarqStalker1,069,278
    Posted on 10 July 19 at 14:45
    Thanks for helping me decide not to waste my time on this one.
  • Nighthawk205Nighthawk205356,948
    Posted on 10 July 19 at 15:10
    DarqStalker said:
    Thanks for helping me decide not to waste my time on this one.
    +1 for me. Thanks for pointing that out Wobblo! This sounded like it had a lot of potential for a new game to play when I wanted to sit back and relax and not think, but I'm not even going to bother downloading it at this point.
  • Goggs25Goggs251,600,804
    Posted on 10 July 19 at 15:13
    No thanks I would rather watch paint dry then play a fishing game
    Goggs25
  • WobbloWobblo905,814
    Posted on 10 July 19 at 15:44
    In the interest of fairness, here is a positive review from someone with apparently 400 hours on the game.

Pretty decent f2p time sink for fans of fishing, that does deserve few bucks thrown its way.

Unlike many other f2p games, in game purchaces are not required.

One time DLC purchaces are pretty good way of avoiding potential grind, but no purchase is mandatory.

Only con and exception from this rule is that getting lifetime licences for majority of lakes and waterway is unobtainable by earning premium currency, just for steep price tag they have.

So, If you want to relax without planing your stay at some of the lakes, without losing money if your RL gets in a way, you will have to buy a hefty sum of premium currency.

Everything else, aside of occasional bug after updates is pretty enjoyable and has a bit for everyone's taste and favored method of fishing.
    Although I would still start the game with caution, the vast majority of positive reviews of this game on steam are spam reviews with little to no content but giving it the thumbs up which allows it to keep it's "mostly positive" status. It has £675 worth of DLC and if the previous negative review is anything to go by, a lot of that DLC is actually consumable stuff.

I wish anyone starting this game all the best.
  • WobbloWobblo905,814
  • jasonlc3221jasonlc3221938,347
    Posted on 10 July 19 at 15:51
    The moment I see "Free" on any game that is not a part of GwG, I instantly know to AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Free to play games might seem like easy achievements sometimes, but I will NEVER fall for it. Just take a look at Smite. Yes, there are some who have kept up with Smite. And that's fine. If you enjoy going back to game OVER AND OVER AND OVER for hundreds of hours.

Unless, of course, you're fine with just completeing base-game achievements. Then I guess it doesn't matter. But my preference is to obtain any and every achievement for a game. And when devs/pubs go adding more and more achievements over and over and over, that gets quite annoying. Just look at all the people bitching about Minecraft. Yeah, no thanks. (never started that game either, thank God)
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666192,261
    Posted on 10 July 19 at 16:25
    Wobblo said:
    For anyone wondering what the pricing model is like, here is a review from the Steam page.

P2P - Pay2Play.

Plus a number of game distorting or may be money extorting (deliberate) AI dynamics.

You catch consistently on lower gear without breakage or even sign of breakage. 10 lvls later (higher) 3-4 lbs fish break 20+lbs gear (rod, reel, line..) like butter or fill up all meters on red and lo and behold your premium gear is gone for good. You want it back - more real money. No thank you.

Or and the moment you master certain lure/bait to the point of catching every time , several in game days later - no matter what you do and peak times or not all of a sudden you are catching 5% of what you used to.

And so on.

A game with a huge potential if reasonably priced and all game/money distorting/extorting techniques are scrapped and you do not lose premium gear. Oh and this crap of premium storage at home should be discarded too. At home you need everything unlimited. In this game you need tonnes of gear to achieve everything/ everywhere.

Uninstalled after more than 150 hrs. Do not recommend
    First off WHY WOULD YOU PLAY 150 hrs OF A GAME YOU DON'T LIKE????

Secondly let's try a positive review. I hate when things are one sided, so here's the other point of view. Also keep in mind the overall score is 76% positive reviews with recent reviews (the last 90 day being at 90% positive).

This is a game that's all about realistic presentation, but unrealistic gameplay based on real life inspiration.

Confused yet? I'll explain.

As far as the realistic presentation goes, the game looks nice. You visit various locations, then fish from a first person perspective. It's not bad looking, and reminds me of my days fishing in real life, just with helper HUDs.

Gameplay however.. things get sketchy. The game has MMO disease, and will look for every possible moment to make you grind for things, in hopes that you'll buy baitcoins/premium packs to bypass it. And in doing so, has turned a game that feels like it should be realistic and/or fun, into something that just... is a "drag" to play sometimes. Puns aside, I'll provide a short list of some of the things that come to mind:
    The game is 1 part fishing, 2 parts economy simulator. Everything in the game is expensive, and the first 5 levels or so of gear aside, priced in a way that as a new player, if you buy it the moment you unlock it, you're sure to go bankrupt. Bankruptcy in most cases, means going back to the starter pond and slowly saving up 'till you can give a new location a try again. That is, assuming you still have the gear to do so.

The economy part of the game revolves around trying to figure out how to make a profit from your fishing trips. Each fish is worth a small amount of money, and it varies greatly per species. Visit a location unprepared and you're almost guaranteed to not make enough profit to cover your costs. Visit a location prepared.. and you're still going to spend hours and hours grinding the most profitable fish you can find, to pay the bills.

The above wouldn't be so bad, if that's all you had to do. But the game throws a lot of obstacles in your path. Catch a couple fish in one location? Suddenly you see a massive drop in bites. Fail to set the hook with-in 1-2 seconds of your GUI shaking? Lose the fish, and if you're using bait, also your bait. Want to use lures? Prepare to learn retrieval methods, then question if you're doing it right (or doing the right one) every time you don't get a bite (which will be quite often). Want to use bait instead of bothering with the retrieval mini game? Now you get to subtract the cost of sometimes extremely expensive bait from the profit made by the fish (sometimes it's not worth the bait cost and your profits drop substantially).

Hook sets, hook sets, hook sets. In real life, hook sets are debated between anglers, and largely tackle/species dependent. In real life, I hardly ever have to set my hook, and often have multiple opportunities to do so. In this game however, you must set the hook every time, no matter what you are using. Want to watch a youtube video while you wait for a bite using bait? Forget it. If you look away even for a moment and miss the bite, there goes the fish and your bait. Using a lure and trying a retrieval method that requires you to stop reeling briefly? Better hope the fish doesn't bite during that 1/4th a second period you let the line go slack. The game will treat this as a lack of tension and (sometimes) cause the fish to immediately let go.

Rendering bugs. I recently came back to the game after stopping for a year or 2. Was hoping that some things improved. Instead I'm met with small lag spikes when fish get near your lure (something that's been reported on the forums for years), and trees/foliage randomly disappearing then re-rendering as if triggering some kind of LOD (this is new to me). This happens whether graphics settings are on lowest or highest.
    Now you may be thinking, "I thought you said this was going to be a short list? Why did you recommend this game?" To be honest.. I simply haven't found a better fishing game, let alone an MMO fishing game that lets you fish with your friends, and is free to play. If I knew of a better one, I'd downvote this and run. But all things relative, if you can deal with the above shenanigans.. you'll probably enjoy this for a while.

It's far from perfect. Every time the game decides there's no fish where I'm fishing, but doesn't tell me why, and expects me to rely on the community/real life information to figure out what I'm doing wrong.. I question why I'm still playing. But I can't deny it's fun when the fish do happen to bite. If you have any interest, I think it's worth a try.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/zorlac Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
  • Posted on 10 July 19 at 19:12
    I tried this on Ps4 and pass. I'll stick with the other two games for my fishing sim fix
    Xbox1,Switch,Ps4 Gamer.
  • SuperS0nicSamSuperS0nicSam1,780,049
    Posted on 10 July 19 at 19:44
    jasonlc3221 said:
    The moment I see "Free" on any game that is not a part of GwG, I instantly know to AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Free to play games might seem like easy achievements sometimes, but I will NEVER fall for it. Just take a look at Smite. Yes, there are some who have kept up with Smite. And that's fine. If you enjoy going back to game OVER AND OVER AND OVER for hundreds of hours.

Unless, of course, you're fine with just completeing base-game achievements. Then I guess it doesn't matter. But my preference is to obtain any and every achievement for a game. And when devs/pubs go adding more and more achievements over and over and over, that gets quite annoying. Just look at all the people bitching about Minecraft. Yeah, no thanks. (never started that game either, thank God)
    That's a pretty dumb way to look at things. Smite is a great game, God forbid the devs add new achievements when a new God is added. But to completely avoid a game because they constantly add new things is ridiculous.
    Posted on 10 July 19 at 21:02
    SuperS0nicSam said:
    jasonlc3221 said:

That's a pretty dumb way to look at things. Smite is a great game, God forbid the devs add new achievements when a new God is added. But to completely avoid a game because they constantly add new things is ridiculous.
    You have to know people like that person don't play games for the gameplay anymore. They're playing the high score game on this site is all.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/zorlac Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
  • Posted on 11 July 19 at 07:35
    Fishing is fun both in real life and video games! Anyone who doesn’t like fishing is a nerd.
    Jolly cooperation!
  • WobbloWobblo905,814
    Posted on 11 July 19 at 09:01, Edited on 11 July 19 at 09:09 by Wobblo
    Zorlac0666 said:
    Secondly let's try a positive review. I hate when things are one sided, so here's the other point of view. Also keep in mind the overall score is 76% positive reviews with recent reviews (the last 90 day being at 90% positive).
    Firstly, I already gave a positive review.

Secondly, be careful when quoting the Steam's collated review scores, they are filled with spam. Here are a few examples of positive reviews from the last 30 days.

From Jaque, 1 hours played
    Everyone is so toxic. POLLUTION IS REAL
    From Shyuka, 0.3 hours played
    kinda boring at first time play
    From cctuff, 0.8 hours played
    Tuff Fish
    And in the interest of fairness, the same goes for the negative reviews.

From DOWN WITH BERLIN, 3.3 hours played
    COD Ghosts had better fish AI
    From markiplier, 0.3 hours played
    fun if you like chemical castration
    From MechanisM, 4.4 hours played
    i can not use my fishing rod
    Regardless of what preconceived opinions people may have of this game, It's fair to say these 'reviews' don't really represent the quality of the game in question.
    Posted on 11 July 19 at 09:24
    You can find those kinds of "reviews" on every steam game so you're not really making a point here. You also started with a negative review from someone who had played 145 hours. Now granted that's plenty of time to form an opinion, but who plays that much of a game they don't like? It's hard to trust it as well.
  • ChinDoctaChinDocta1,834,320
    Posted on 11 July 19 at 10:20
    Zorlac0666 said:
    You can find those kinds of "reviews" on every steam game so you're not really making a point here. You also started with a negative review from someone who had played 145 hours. Now granted that's plenty of time to form an opinion, but who plays that much of a game they don't like? It's hard to trust it as well.
    I've put more time than that into hyperdrive massacre and that game is awful.
    GI Flagging Manager
  • GoW ButtersGoW Butters211,660
    Posted on 11 July 19 at 10:24
    This achievement list looks diabolical..
    I don't really know what I'm talking about.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.