Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Fishing Planet Achievement List Revealed

• silent 3rdsilent 3rd1,285,439
    Posted on 11 July 19 at 10:47
    Zorlac0666 said:
    who plays that much of a game they don't like?
    An Achievement Hunter? A Completionist? laugh
  • jasonlc3221jasonlc3221941,415
    Posted on 11 July 19 at 13:14, Edited on 11 July 19 at 14:50 by jasonlc3221
    SuperS0nicSam said:
    jasonlc3221 said:
    The moment I see "Free" on any game that is not a part of GwG, I instantly know to AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Free to play games might seem like easy achievements sometimes, but I will NEVER fall for it. Just take a look at Smite. Yes, there are some who have kept up with Smite. And that's fine. If you enjoy going back to game OVER AND OVER AND OVER for hundreds of hours.

Unless, of course, you're fine with just completeing base-game achievements. Then I guess it doesn't matter. But my preference is to obtain any and every achievement for a game. And when devs/pubs go adding more and more achievements over and over and over, that gets quite annoying. Just look at all the people bitching about Minecraft. Yeah, no thanks. (never started that game either, thank God)
    That's a pretty dumb way to look at things. Smite is a great game, God forbid the devs add new achievements when a new God is added. But to completely avoid a game because they constantly add new things is ridiculous.
    Funny how others say PSYCHADELICACE said:
    ''Participate in 1000 fishing competitions'' ha pass
    but you key in on my comment just because I mention a specific game like Smite, and some butthurt fan has to defend it like it's the second coming of Jesus. I never said Smite was a bad game. Just not my preference to have to keep going back to a game after every time I thought I was done with it. I would eventually grow very tired of doing so.

To each their own, my open-minded friend. Hugs and kisses. Xoxo
    Posted on 11 July 19 at 13:17, Edited on 11 July 19 at 14:37 by jasonlc3221
    Zorlac0666 said:
    SuperS0nicSam said:
    jasonlc3221 said:
    The moment I see "Free" on any game that is not a part of GwG, I instantly know to AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Free to play games might seem like easy achievements sometimes, but I will NEVER fall for it. Just take a look at Smite. Yes, there are some who have kept up with Smite. And that's fine. If you enjoy going back to game OVER AND OVER AND OVER for hundreds of hours.

Unless, of course, you're fine with just completeing base-game achievements. Then I guess it doesn't matter. But my preference is to obtain any and every achievement for a game. And when devs/pubs go adding more and more achievements over and over and over, that gets quite annoying. Just look at all the people bitching about Minecraft. Yeah, no thanks. (never started that game either, thank God)
    That's a pretty dumb way to look at things. Smite is a great game, God forbid the devs add new achievements when a new God is added. But to completely avoid a game because they constantly add new things is ridiculous.
    You have to know people like that person don't play games for the gameplay anymore. They're playing the high score game on this site is all.
    I mean, wow, imagine that........an achievement-hunting website with people that care about the games they play based on achievements? If you wanna belittle achievement-hunters, I'm pretty sure you need to go back to IGN or Gamespot. You're in the wrong place.
  • KoicommanderKoicommander994,321
    Posted on 11 July 19 at 15:45
    The best part about this is the fact that the 1000 competitions unlocks after 1 laugh
    Tell that to the covenant.
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,312,120
    Posted on 11 July 19 at 23:08
    I loved the fact that I caught a fish that warned me of a potential fine, so I threw it back... just to get fined 1000. Twice. How am I supposed to know when to throw it back? Why did I get fined for not keeping the fish? 1000 is a lot when a decent fish is 35.

Doesn't make sense, especially when I need to pay to get to a location, even if I want to stay where I am. Sell my fish for 100 in Missouri only to need 1200 to go fishing there again (or however much it is), but that's the cheapest tournament location.

Definitely made to sop up microtransactions.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • Posted on 12 July 19 at 02:33
    The license for each area determines what you're forced to keep and toss. I ran into this as well in Missouri and accidentally kept something.

The competitions and finishing Top 3 in 10 in a row are going to be brutal.
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:59
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    The license for each area determines what you're forced to keep and toss. I ran into this as well in Missouri and accidentally kept something.

Seeing as how level 15s are already pulling beluga out of Russia, I think it's safe to say it's pay to win, if winning is even possible. 10 in a row is unlikely even having paid.
    Posted on 13 July 19 at 01:15
    Sashamorning said:
    Shadow Kisuragi said:

Seeing as how level 15s are already pulling beluga out of Russia, I think it's safe to say it's pay to win, if winning is even possible. 10 in a row is unlikely even having paid.
    This is another reason why I HATE free games
  • Posted on 13 July 19 at 02:38
    I ended up in 5th today. 3rd would've been possible, so it's not like these events are impossible without paid.
  • OsakamitsuOsakamitsu406,310 406,310 GamerScore
    Posted on 14 July 19 at 18:25
    LMAO....

participate in 1000 tournaments????

HARD pass. lol
  • Posted on 14 July 19 at 19:13
    It actually unlocks after 1, or at least it did. Heard recently someone didn't get it.
    Posted on 14 July 19 at 19:55
    I've heard it's been patched already. Got it while I could.
  • XbAndy360XbAndy3602,027,299
    Posted on 14 July 19 at 20:22, Edited on 14 July 19 at 20:24 by XbAndy360
    Winning Streak cheevo:
    Be in a competition's Top 3 winners
    - 10 times
    - in a row.

Why? One time why can't be enough? On PS this trophy needs 3 times. Here needs to be done 10 times. Why is that? And in a row? You've done it 9 times, and bad luck at the 10th... Are you serious?
    https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/fishing-planet/314...

On PS it is an ultra rare trophy - 0,01%.
    https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6428-fishing-planet

Good luck. I am going to pass this game ;(
  • OsakamitsuOsakamitsu406,310 406,310 GamerScore
    Posted on 14 July 19 at 21:47
    LOL someone should send this thread to the dev's as an example of what to do if you want to turn people away from your game.
  • Posted on 15 July 19 at 00:33
    Worth noting, a lot of the achievements are still unlocking based on the values from the PSN trophies. Just got Bass Master at 150 for the Bass Master III challenge, not 250.
  • FreshAspekFreshAspek522,875
    Posted on 15 July 19 at 06:55
    So patch is confirmed?
    Posted on 17 July 19 at 06:30
    Pretty much. No one's gotten it past the original 12.
  • GoW ButtersGoW Butters213,204
    Posted on 17 July 19 at 19:07
    Here's hoping it unlocks early like all the fish achievements.
    I don't really know what I'm talking about.
    Posted on 17 July 19 at 21:28, Edited on 17 July 19 at 21:30 by Sashamorning
    As a challenge, Winning Stresk only shows as 3 consecutive places. I wonder if the achievement pops there, like on PS4.

You're In also shows 1 tournament. Probably just for level 1, but who knows.

There are still no tournaments to register for.
    Posted on 22 July 19 at 01:22
    Well, someone just got the one achievement I thought would stay incomplete for a while.

Fishing PlanetWinning StreakThe Winning Streak achievement in Fishing Planet worth 11820 pointsBe in a competition’s Top-3 winners 10 times in a row
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.