Site News Forum

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

PSA: We've Fixed Achievement Timestamps And Rebuilt Your Streaks

AuthorMessage
Lord Midas
Lord Midas
Posted on 11 July 19 at 09:51, Edited on 11 July 19 at 09:51 by Lord Midas
Once again the TA team show/prove why this is the best website on the internet (facts) clap
Hellsteeth!
Law Violation
Law Violation
Posted on 11 July 19 at 10:15
Nice, not too fussed about Achievement streaks myself but i feel for those who have been affected by delays. Especially when mass amount of time and money has been invested.

The fact you guys have worked with Microsoft closely on this shows you have a good working partnership. Any chance you can potentially look to work/discuss a solution for unobtainable Achievements?
Law Violation
AzzyMahmood
AzzyMahmood
Posted on 11 July 19 at 12:23
wizzardSS said:
I dropped a place in the streak leaderboard cry... come on then, own up, who in the top 400 had their streak rebuilt? laugh
Can't speak for the top 400, but here at 1,007 the guy who was two days behind me lost his!

I didn't gain any places but as long as my 670 day streak continues, that's the main thing :)
O V LORD ALDUIN
Posted on 11 July 19 at 13:38
Awesome. Thanks guys clap
OV
Michel
Michel
Posted on 11 July 19 at 13:41
Wished Microsoft did involve you more in the achievement system, it's really meh this gen, no improvements at all
Erickson187
Erickson187
Posted on 11 July 19 at 15:32
Osmo76 said:
Erickson187 said:
I think I see what happened and if its the case I am not happy. I had unlocked an achievement in the future which messed up my streak about 2 months ago but then I got another achievement the same day that registered on the proper day.

They rebuilt my streak so that the one that popped early was still there on the future day and the one that popped later on the correct day had my streak alive. Now what appears happened was the timestamp from the future was fixed which means it shows unlocked on the day that I really unlocked it. Since TA had it as the future time I did not bother to get another achievement that day and now that they back dated the timestamp it does not show me obtaining an achievement on that one day. Had I known Microsoft would do that I would have unlocked another achievement.
If I understood you correctly, they fixed the timestamp to the correct day and you're still not happy? Of course you had to realize that if they're going to fix that achievement to the proper day, it wouldn't count on the future day anymore. I mean, if there was one day when you really didn't pop an achievement, then your streak shouldn't continue anyway, right?

I myself am suffering from an opposite problem. This fix "fixed" a 2017 streak for me. I previously had a 76-day streak with exactly 500 achievements. Now it's 135 days and 832 achievements. I guess it was wrongly fixed because of a daylight savings issue or something like that. Is there any chance it can be fixed back? I kind of like my 76's. laugh
The thing is I did not think that Microsoft would go and change the timestamp so I did not bother to get another achievement since most days I have been only getting 1 achievement to keep the streak going.
blue1968camaro
Posted on 11 July 19 at 18:13
The TA team continues to impress. Great job team and thank you - even if I did not have a streak in the first place.
EverStoned77
EverStoned77
Posted on 11 July 19 at 20:27
Wow clap you guys continue to amaze me & confirm that my 2013 decision to become a pro-member, 1st & foremost to support what I already back then felt was an amazing site, was one of my best decisions ever dance
Came from a competing site that had this thing where even the most basic stuff required a pro-membership & the funny thing is that it wasn't even the money that P!ssed me off but the way they almost forced you to go pro if you wanted to use their site which just made me think that no matter what I wouldn't support them so when I came here & saw that most (if not all) of the stuff they wanted money for was free, it only took me a few months during which I daily discovered things I liked about the site so finally I said "Shut up & just take my money already" hehe laugh been proud to be a pro-member ever since & don't see that changing like ever so again absolutely amazing work team TA, you guys rock rocktoast
It's not like I'm saying that I am Batman, I'm just saying no one has EVER seen us at the same time. . .
The Mr Killer
The Mr Killer
Posted on 12 July 19 at 09:00
Great job. This is why I am a member. You deserve the support! You offer a great product.
wizzardSS
wizzardSS
Posted on 12 July 19 at 16:11
AzzyMahmood said:
wizzardSS said:
I dropped a place in the streak leaderboard cry... come on then, own up, who in the top 400 had their streak rebuilt? laugh
Can't speak for the top 400, but here at 1,007 the guy who was two days behind me lost his!

I didn't gain any places but as long as my 670 day streak continues, that's the main thing :)
Mine's been 1,284 days (as at today!) and thinking of giving it up soon. Problem is I'm also trying to raise completion percentage, so I don't want to start a new game for a quick unlock just before the day is up. This means constantly keeping a mental track of easy achievements for days where I'm busy, and trying not to accidentally pop them when I have more time to game!

Plus I'm sure my wife would probably appreciate me not leaving her in bed while I quickly get an achievement before midnight laugh
Odin Wildfire
Posted on 12 July 19 at 19:51
Wow, this is pretty amazing guys! This website and the team who run it never cease to amaze me! Whilst I wasn't really affected as I don't care about streaks, I can certainly appreciate how much stress this must have caused for the many people that do! You have done an amazing thing (I did notice you rectified my one affected achievement, seriously 3.0 of all things! which now shows the correct time earned so thank you all very much for that)!!
jbOblivion
jbOblivion
Posted on 13 July 19 at 15:46
Very interesting to learn that you interact with the MS achievements team. Do you regularly share code (C++/python/...) via a (git) repository? compute
IRISH PATRIOT x
Posted on 13 July 19 at 23:05
Awesome, thanks all.
Don't bro me if you don't know me.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.