Guides Forum

A forum for game tips, tricks, and guide news articles.

Xbox Game Pass for PC Not Working? Here are Some Steps to Try

AuthorMessage
kris37
kris37
Posted on 11 July 19 at 21:53
G0nja Gam1ng said:
kris37 said:
If you have anything like power iso running with virtual drives some games will not download
You're doing it wrong then I know pc's and while gaming on windows 10 is less than ideal for most gamers I have almost every single game available back to games for windows live not only that but every windows 10 game out of hundreds installed fine when I addressed the error code with Microsoft insider support.... for a few games they were able to fix this? Have you been reporting your issue to Microsoft or did you come to TA and hope for the best?

Before making a post which isn't true you should verify and check your facts... which game did you have trouble with? I have four pc's and have downloaded every game on multiple to boost myself... sorry if I sound rude but i'm tired of kids and adults who don't know computers complaining when it's not entirely Microsoft and Xbox but more The Gamers lack of knowledge when it comes to pc as this is the case with many console gamers.... no offense...

No offence taken I've built a few gaming rigs over the years windows store games would download fine to main os drive(sdd) when trying to download to secondary drive (hdd) error tried updates, reinstalls and switched power iso(which I use for emulation) off will now download to ssd, HD and any USB drive this was on 2 separate rigs.
StuartATrueRed
Posted on 11 July 19 at 22:37
BIG SH0RTY said:
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I know it is called Game Pass for PC, but are you able to play any of these games on a Mac Book?
No. It's PC only.
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 11 July 19 at 23:12, Edited on 11 July 19 at 23:13 by Lockie
BIG SH0RTY said:
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I know it is called Game Pass for PC, but are you able to play any of these games on a Mac Book?
You technically could if you Bootcamp a Windows 10 partition. I can't see them getting around to making a Game Pass app to run natively on Mac anytime soon, but as a Mac user I'd like to see one eventually.
Posting from sunny Australia.
Dr Worm Buffet
Posted on 11 July 19 at 23:16
Has anyone been having issues unlocking achievements on PC? I did some from Bro Force a few days ago but nothing popped anywhere.
Koding
Koding
Posted on 11 July 19 at 23:35
Dr Worm Buffet said:
Has anyone been having issues unlocking achievements on PC? I did some from Bro Force a few days ago but nothing popped anywhere.
I haven't but I only bean dived the game. Got the achievement for killing all the birds on the world map and it popped immediately. All the other PC games I bean dived (about 10 or so now) have had their achievements pop properly too.
61 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,400 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
Evil Kenivl
Evil Kenivl
Posted on 12 July 19 at 00:23
So far everything is working fine for me. Downloads working, Achievements unlocking correctly… Much better experience than years ago. Remember having much more Problems with Forza 7 at launch or Cities Skylines... I hope MS Keep it up. Like what they have done so far smile
Gaming since 1990!
ResinousHashish
Posted on 12 July 19 at 00:27
I wasn't aware I needed the beta application, or to be on WinVER 1903..
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 12 July 19 at 04:40
ResinousHashish said:
I wasn't aware I needed the beta application, or to be on WinVER 1903..
You knew where you stood when you had Win 7, Win 8, etc, but the 18 month lifecycle of Win 10 where each new version is called Win 10 will leave most people confused. As you say, it is 1903 you want which is known as 19H1, and general release started in May (so 05), and yet it still hadn’t shown up for many people in Windows Update well into June.

At least there has been a name for all the different versions of Mac OS 10.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 12 July 19 at 04:55
Yummy Baklava said:
PC gaming is fine, it’s the Windows Store and anything related to it which is a shocker.
PC gaming has most certainly never been “fine”.

I started PC gaming in the late 80’s. I spent hours editing autoexec.bat and config.sys and my PC spent more time with it’s case open than closed as I swapped out graphics cards and sound cards. Things got much worse when WinME forced all games to run while Windows was running in the background.

Spending more time (and money) getting a game to run than actually playing the game is a “fun learning experience” for a few years, but eventually the novelty wares off.

The ability to just put in a cartridge or disc or launch a downloaded game on a console and be playing the game means you don’t have to waste any time reading articles such as this one.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 12 July 19 at 05:06
G0nja Gam1ng said:
You can make a pc that will play EVERY Win 10 game for about 600 dollars if you learn to do it yourself like I did...Not much more than an xbox console and a game with extra controller etc...
Let’s say I take you at your word - will it play EVERY Win 10 game released for the next 10 years? Because my 360 plays every game released between 2005 - 2016.

I built my first gaming PC in 1991 (can you imagine how we did that before the Web existed) and my last gaming related upgrade was in 2005. I have saved $1000’s since then, which can be spent on games instead!
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 12 July 19 at 05:17, Edited on 12 July 19 at 05:19 by HolyHalfDead
StuartATrueRed said:
BIG SH0RTY said:
No. It's PC only.
Um, a Mac Book is a PC, as is any PC running Linux.

It should be called Game Pass for Windows, which as has already been pointed out can be installed on all Macs manufactured after 2006.
Vinn nniV
Vinn nniV
Posted on 12 July 19 at 14:33
Dr Worm Buffet said:
Not every game has achievements, just in case you didn’t know.

Aside from that, I unlocked and have seen notifications during game for Wolfenstein II achievements. I only regret that the PC version wasn’t eligible the Rewards scoring.

If it didn’t “popped up” it may be that notifications could turned off?
Lord Midas
Lord Midas
Posted on 12 July 19 at 14:41
I often find that most Microsoft products Store, Xbox App, Game Pass app, Office, etc won't work correctly if you have a VPN running.

I have NordVPN and these apps always say "You need the Internet for this".

PC Game Pass sometimes works with VPN on. But even though I'm connected through VPN the Windows Network taskbar icon sometimes says I don't have connection to the Internet. Then none of the apps work (even though I do have connection.

Microsoft should support VPN better. I shouldn't have to "expose myself" just to use their applications.
Would you kindly
I Boz l
I Boz l
Posted on 12 July 19 at 18:18
Lord Midas said:
I often find that most Microsoft products Store, Xbox App, Game Pass app, Office, etc won't work correctly if you have a VPN running.

I have NordVPN and these apps always say "You need the Internet for this".

PC Game Pass sometimes works with VPN on. But even though I'm connected through VPN the Windows Network taskbar icon sometimes says I don't have connection to the Internet. Then none of the apps work (even though I do have connection.

Microsoft should support VPN better. I shouldn't have to "expose myself" just to use their applications.
I can confirm that using a VPN won't let you use any Microsoft app. It will always say you're connection is down...that means that you're not able to download/play the game from the store, use xbox app or anything related to MS (at least that's my experience)
TinSigmund666
TinSigmund666
Posted on 13 July 19 at 12:39
Is it me, am I used to -say- GFWL/console too much?
I can download games. They all work well. But. Unlike on Xbox One or the before mentioned GFWL, your achievements never pop up on screen. Or are you forced into using any app on mobile or tablet or anything? I really miss the onscreen achievements here. :)
Dr Worm Buffet
Posted on 13 July 19 at 13:51, Edited on 13 July 19 at 13:52 by Dr Worm Buffet
Koding said:
Dr Worm Buffet said:
I haven't but I only bean dived the game. Got the achievement for killing all the birds on the world map and it popped immediately. All the other PC games I bean dived (about 10 or so now) have had their achievements pop properly too.
Weird as it's one of the achievements I tried, circled the map a few times too. Will try some "clearer" ones.

Vinn nniV said:
Not every game has achievements, just in case you didn’t know.

Aside from that, I unlocked and have seen notifications during game for Wolfenstein II achievements. I only regret that the PC version wasn’t eligible the Rewards scoring.

If it didn’t “popped up” it may be that notifications could turned off?
Well Bro Force is listed as one that has and even on my xbox there is nothing. I must have missed something since everyone else seems to be ok.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 13 July 19 at 17:22
Haven't had any problem with pc game pass so far. Just done my downloads through the store app.
TinSigmund666
TinSigmund666
Posted on 14 July 19 at 13:49
I also know not all games have achievements and I checked out the list. Started with easy games like Abzû and Metal Slug X, as I know those have achievements and when they should pop. :)
But they don't seem to. Yes. On my phone as I found out last night. Weird.
Vavadix
Vavadix
Posted on 26 July 19 at 07:49
Don't know if it's off-topic or not, but I couldn't get any achievements since the day I've first downloaded XBGPPC.
I've played only 3 games (Ori and the Blind Forest, Gears of War and Killer Instinct), all of them show on their description that they have this feature.
I'm pretty sure I've already met the goals to unlock, at least, 5 achievements on Gears and 3 on Ori...
Can anybody help, me?
Vavadix
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.