Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass: What's Going on With Timespinner?

• kintariskintaris322,671
  • The Wet ChefThe Wet Chef398,741
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 08:41
    So for us that has the Game Pass Ultimate can download the game :)
    Thanx for the info toast
    There is NO stupid questions. Only stupid answers!
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,591,707
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 09:03, Edited on 12 July 19 at 09:06 by EarthboundX
    Wow that looks just like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, got my attention.

I have Game Pass Ultimate, so how do I get it on my Xbox? Its only giving me the option to install it on PC, and the PC version doesn't have achievements.

Oh wait, when you say store, you mean on the Xbox One itself, got it. Looks like I may wanna wait a bit though, as there's not a ton of ach guides yet.
  • kintariskintaris322,671
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 09:09
    Thanks both, have made things a little clearer in the article :)
  • geordiedeviantgeordiedeviant1,468,356
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 09:11
    If people find this confusing, then I fear for the next generation of gamers. Might aswell just scrap it all now.
  • Dying GaspDying Gasp355,409
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 09:31
    Thanks for the info. I was quite disappointed it wasn't on Xbox Game Pass.

Hopefully this applies to the other PC Game Pass titles as well.
  • Thief000Thief000904,195
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 09:51
    This is going to end poorly for the entire Xbox platform if even XPA titles are going to be segregated like this.
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper934,951
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 10:36, Edited on 12 July 19 at 10:36 by RadiantViper
    EarthboundX said:
    Wow, not even PS trophies has a guide yet, and it's been out since September of 2018.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/timespinner-na/over...

Ah, found one.

https://www.neoseeker.com/timespinner/Extras/Trophy_Guide

Not sure how great of a guide it is, but it's the only one I could currently find. Just read through it real fast it seems pretty good. Seems like a really easy competition for very good game, works for me.
    Fairly easy completion. Play through once getting 2 of the required endings, then play through on New Game+ for Nightmare mode and the other ending. Nightmare isn't hard if you farm a bit beforehand, but there is a flat increase to all damage received.

Great game, too bad I paid full price for it to go on Game Pass a month later but that's life laugh
  • HealttiHealtti2,737,243
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 10:42
    geordiedeviant said:
    Might aswell just scrap it all now.
    Thief000 said:
    This is going to end poorly for the entire Xbox platform...
    Teething problems.
    And considering how big of an upside there is to the service, I'd say just roll with the punches for now.

EarthboundX said:👍
    "We aren't planning on doing anything about it." - Bethesda Support North America
  • Toca1FTWToca1FTW353,172
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 11:11
    This post is contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • WobbloWobblo908,628
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 13:17, Edited on 12 July 19 at 13:17 by Wobblo
    If it helps, I signed up for Gamepass PC before upgrading to Ultimate and during that time I had an extra 30 or so games appear in my 'Ready to Install' list on Xbox which were all the Gamepass PC games which were Play Anywhere or at least ones which had a shared list with the Xbox version. So if you have Gamepass PC or even Ultimate, you can go to your Ready to Install list, sort it by 'Newest First' and you will see all the Gamepass PC games bundled together. Saves having to mess around with the store.
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper934,951
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 13:19
    Toca1FTW said:
    Ha, I think you edited that last sentence in? I came back to ask if your posted came out of experience.....

How long a game is it? Started it up on PC and logged in OK.
    Can't remember exactly how long, maybe 8-12 hours? Most of it will be on your first playthrough and getting 100% of the map and items. Nightmare NG+ you'll fly through in no time.
  • Posted on 12 July 19 at 13:38
    EarthboundX said:

I have Game Pass Ultimate, so how do I get it on my Xbox? Its only giving me the option to install it on PC, and the PC version doesn't have achievements.

Oh wait, when you say store, you mean on the Xbox One itself, got it. Looks like I may wanna wait a bit though, as there's not a ton of ach guides yet.
    Well it's a play anywhere title so the achievement list is for both Xbox and PC.
  • Posted on 12 July 19 at 13:53
    When I first saw the article I got excited because I thought it said "time splitters". I was then disappointed when I realized it wasn't. Then I looked the game up and got excited again. Then I remembered how big my backlog is and got sad. Such an emotional Rollercoaster I'm on today wink
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz695,975
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:45
    Thanks for the heads up. I want to play this but would rather on console than my budget laptop.
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 21:42, Edited on 12 July 19 at 21:43 by EarthboundX
    The Allslayer said:
    EarthboundX said:

Well it's a play anywhere title so the achievement list is for both Xbox and PC.
    Yeah, but could have sworn TA had an article where the said the PC version didn't have achievements, and to play the Xbox One version if you wanted those. That could have been before it was added to Gamepass though I guess.
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,640,771
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 22:12, Edited on 12 July 19 at 22:17 by iMaginaryy
    EarthboundX said:
    Some very clear SOTN references, especially
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Loving it so far, a very fleshed out and interesting story too.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • Posted on 13 July 19 at 00:56
    EarthboundX said:
    The Allslayer said:
    EarthboundX said:

Yeah, but could have sworn TA had an article where the said the PC version didn't have achievements, and to play the Xbox One version if you wanted those. That could have been before it was added to Gamepass though I guess.
    Maybe you're thinking of Torment: Tides of Numenera
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.